Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

Dirien

Pro
Daps
Tone's video is stupid for several reasons. I also laughed at the "WHAT IS YO HISTORY". Like, this man Jay runs a multi-million dollar company that has over 50 BLACK employees plus other folks he uses as partners, advisors, etc. Tone is doing what exactly?? Tone is Mr. Research and all about giving the facts, but why in the one year that Jay had been doing weekly Tulsa Talk calls did Tone wait until the IPO to talk about all these issues he has with Jay and the fund? You couldn't call into a single one of the shows and voice your concerns directly to the Fund Management team?

Anyways, for those familiar with Fundrise, TREF is literally the same thing, just for black folks.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I hate giving Vlad views, but Jay Morrison does a great interview and explanation here.
Seems like a solid, but incredibly ambitious business plan, with positive implications if he sees any success.
I'd definitely invest if I have the opportunity.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Just watched the Tone vid.

I respect it. He stressed doing research. I had the same thoughts initially regarding the lack of data and the presentation. That's why I asked in the OG thread, what is their plan to "combat gentrification" (their words) and why the felt this is the best way to do it. If they can't answer that, they shouldn't have said that is their goal.

Secondly, investors should have questioned Jay to provide some type historical data showing how he has done in his own capacity as a real estate investor to justify his company's 50% take of the profits. I understand there are investors with billions in their funds which allows them to take smaller profits (~20%), but these people have track records.

I'm not concerned with him raising money. Good for him. You shouldn't be investing in anything you aren't willing to lose. His company is still governed by laws and must make quarterly/annual disclosures.

In spite of all the unanswered questions, I haven't seen anything yet to call him a "sc*m artist".
That 50% take of profits is the only thing that gives me pausd

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tone's video is stupid for several reasons. I also laughed at the "WHAT IS YO HISTORY". Like, this man Jay runs a multi-million dollar company that has over 50 BLACK employees plus other folks he uses as partners, advisors, etc. Tone is doing what exactly?? Tone is Mr. Research and all about giving the facts, but why in the one year that Jay had been doing weekly Tulsa Talk calls did Tone wait until the IPO to talk about all these issues he has with Jay and the fund? You couldn't call into a single one of the shows and voice your concerns directly to the Fund Management team?

Anyways, for those familiar with Fundrise, TREF is literally the same thing, just for black folks.
Nah. You got it wrong.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place

invalid

Banned
Daps
Is this that dude from Atlanta that was racially profiled at that Buckhead restaurant? What ever became of that?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Take 50% of profits how does you company grow? Most companies reinvest their profits.. These guys are taking way to much money for themselves. They should buy more shares and put their money where their mouth is.
Real estate as an asset class and REITs are different from other companies.

I agree they should at least have more skin in the game

That 50% take of profits is the only thing that gives me pausd

Why ? They are the ones who have to locate/negotiate the property deals, deal with the zoning commissions,
fix up the properties, market the properties, screen tenants, arrange financing from lenders

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Grow up. There's nothing empowering by giving your money blindly to a Blackman because nobody is above criticism or accountability. If you're downplaying and labeling the request for more info as "crabs in the barrel or hating", then you're clearly just looking for the simple/easy feel good symbolic gestures to get drunk off of

June 2018 Tariq is defending dude that runs the IPO.....fast forward in a few months he's going to be apologizing about co-signing a scam artist

Tariq did not address any of the paper work smh

These Tariq worshiping nikkas are now defending his inability to address specific questions and concerns by a Blackman that he dismissed as a mush mouf, that has done the research? smh

Tone's video is stupid for several reasons.
What are the reasons?
where does it say that both are just for Black folks?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why ? They are the ones who have to locate/negotiate the property deals, deal with the zoning commissions,
fix up the properties, market the properties, screen tenants, arrange financing from lenders

The problem is this.. He claims he wants to help black people achieve wealth. Black people will NOT achieve wealth with you taking 50% of the profits. The only person making real money in this will be him with little to no risk... fukk his fund

Dirien

Pro
Daps
Grow up. There's nothing empowering by giving your money blindly to a Blackman because nobody is above criticism or accountability. If you're downplaying and labeling the request for more info as "crabs in the barrel or hating", then you're clearly just looking for the simple/easy feel good symbolic gestures to get drunk off of

These Tariq worshiping nikkas are now defending his inability to address specific questions and concerns by a Blackman that he dismissed as a mush mouf, that has done the research? smh

What are the reasons?
where does it say that both are just for Black folks?

I posted one of them...you literally cut out half the quote. Jay has nearly 15 years in real estate. Built a multi million dollar company from the ground up, and you basically asking for the dude resume while you're on YouTube? Lol. Furthermore, his irrelevant shots at their marketing, talking about they selling an album within the first 2 minutes of the video? Tone came into the shyt biased.

Who said both are just for black folks? Fundrise is definitely not for us...Think you misunderstood my comment.

That brings me back to my original point though. All these criticisms Mr.Research has, not once did he say hey, let me reach out to the brother and address my concerns with him like many others have done and have been doing for the past year. That's how we make progress by having real conversations with one another. Not taking shots on YT.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I posted one of them...you literally cut out half the quote. Jay has nearly 15 years in real estate. Built a multi million dollar company from the ground up, and you basically asking for the dude resume while you're on YouTube? Lol. Furthermore, his irrelevant shots at their marketing, talking about they selling an album within the first 2 minutes of the video? Tone came into the shyt biased.

Who said both are just for black folks? Fundrise is definitely not for us...Think you misunderstood my comment.

That brings me back to my original point though. All these criticisms Mr.Research has, not once did he say hey, let me reach out to the brother and address my concerns with him like many others have done and have been doing for the past year. That's how we make progress by having real conversations with one another. Not taking shots on YT.
you're right, I did misunderstand your comment. So where does it say that TREF is for Black folks?
you're wrong, Tone asked specific questions regarding their share of the profit and the generic wording in their financial report, among other things that had nothing to do with Jay's resume

Jay owning a company and employing Black folks don't mean nothing to those of us that have dealt with self serving Blackfolks that own companies and employ Blackfolks

Dirien

Pro
Daps
you're right, I did misunderstand your comment. So where does it say that TREF is for Black folks?
you're wrong, Tone asked specific questions regarding their share of the profit and the generic wording in their financial report, among other things that had nothing to do with Jay's resume

Jay owning a company and employing Black folks don't mean nothing to those of us that have dealt with self serving Blackfolks that own companies and employ Blackfolks

The mission of TREF is to invest in our communities. Long term goals include establishing a town. They are currently in the process of acquiring the old YMCA here in Atlanta Dr. King and other leaders worked out of in the hood. Have you even looked into it..?

Tone literally said "what is yo history" several times in addition to shytting on their marketing strategy. FIRST TWO MINUTES HE SAID THEY SELLING AN ALBUM. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE FUND?

Jay owning a successful real estate company that employees and teaches black folks means a lot considering this is a real estate fund. If he was able to do that from the ground up, he knows what he is doing more than Tone and anyone else on this forum. How many self serving people you know teach real estate for free in the hood in 20+ cities? Can you show us your resume in comparison to that?

Now, why is it that Mr. Research hasn't addressed his concerns with Jay? Don't you think that would help us?

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA

if they are taking the 10% taxable incomes and using all of it to dish out profits, the fund cant grow
which means no black wall street lol