[Jason Schreier] Sony’s Obsession with Blockbusters is Stirring Unrest in the PlayStation Empire

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Every single gen Playstation has introduced new successful IPs. EVERY SINGLE GEN. :snooze:

cats leave and goto other studios every day just like every other job.

don't we get "mad" every time they do a state of play showing other indie games that they are promoting? :usure:

Jason lookin for clickbait. NOPE.

I see Team Larry out here dapping this dumb shyt up and hoping for our downfall. :unimpressed:

if they do a Last Of Us 1 Remake, that is dumb as fukk tho.

there's only 1 company out here who skipped an entire gen making some new exclusives that were worth a damn and kept recycling the same titles.... :mjlol:
It's like it doesn't occur to you that the guy helming the ship right now is leading off a series of comical missteps. He's out there Don Mattricking it up and you're basically saying the brand's previous history guarantees continues results.

It's actually possible someone was put in charge that is completely disconnected from what the customers want. You're an investor. You have to know the value of leadership and how it can effect a company.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every single gen Playstation has introduced new successful IPs. EVERY SINGLE GEN. :snooze:

cats leave and goto other studios every day just like every other job.

don't we get "mad" every time they do a state of play showing other indie games that they are promoting? :usure:

Jason lookin for clickbait. NOPE.

I see Team Larry out here dapping this dumb shyt up and hoping for our downfall. :unimpressed:

if they do a Last Of Us 1 Remake, that is dumb as fukk tho.

there's only 1 company out here who skipped an entire gen making some new exclusives that were worth a damn and kept recycling the same titles.... :mjlol:

I literally couldn’t care less every time they show an indie game at a PS event, I don’t care for the appetisers, I’m here for that AAA Steak :mjlit:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's like it doesn't occur to you that the guy helming the ship right now is leading off a series of comical missteps. He's out there Don Mattricking it up and you're basically saying the brand's previous history guarantees continues results.

It's actually possible someone was put in charge that is completely disconnected from what the customers want. You're an investor. You have to know the value of leadership and how it can effect a company.

What has he actually Don Mattrick'd? I'll wait :unimpressed:

We've actually gotten PS5 games that aren't just up-rezzed versions of old games that a lot of XBox games are soaking their drawz over.

Cats want Playstation to fail so bad so they can be just like Team green. It ain't happening because the one thing they have shown over the last 25 plus years is that they ALWAYS deliver on games. And that's why they'll always be fine.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What has he actually Don Mattrick'd? I'll wait :unimpressed:

We've actually gotten PS5 games that aren't just up-rezzed versions of old games that a lot of XBox games are soaking their drawz over.

Cats want Playstation to fail so bad so they can be just like Team green. It ain't happening because the one thing they have shown over the last 25 plus years is that they ALWAYS deliver on games. And that's why they'll always be fine.
The head of the division openly questions why anyone would want to play older games as he denies backwards compatibility. He then goes and pulls access to several generations of older games almost on the drop of a dime all the while green lighting remakes to older games. It just reeks of a disconnect to the fanbase. Hell you can't even put PS1 titles into a PS4 or 5 and play them and the machines are more than capable.

Now an article comes out where company insiders are grumbling that their ability to put forward new ideas is being stifled in favor of churning out blockbusters, remakes, and sequels and the fans are like everything has been fine for decades so it will continue to be fine. I mean things went well with Nintendo for a couple generations until they weren't.

I mean they're having Naughty Dog remake The Last of Us. How is that a productive use of Naughty Dog's time? Remaking a game that has a PS4 remaster that looks pretty decent and the game isn't even 10 years old. Naughty Dog is one of their premiere studios. If anything that should go to someone else. I get that Naughty Dog has more than one team but neither should be working on that.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The head of the division openly questions why anyone would want to play older games as he denies backwards compatibility. He then goes and pulls access to several generations of older games almost on the drop of a dime all the while green lighting remakes to older games. It just reeks of a disconnect to the fanbase. Hell you can't even put PS1 titles into a PS4 or 5 and play them and the machines are more than capable.

Now an article comes out where company insiders are grumbling that their ability to put forward new ideas is being stifled in favor of churning out blockbusters, remakes, and sequels and the fans are like everything has been fine for decades so it will continue to be fine. I mean things went well with Nintendo for a couple generations until they weren't.

I mean they're having Naughty Dog remake The Last of Us. How is that a productive use of Naughty Dog's time? Remaking a game that has a PS4 remaster that looks pretty decent and the game isn't even 10 years old. Naughty Dog is one of their premiere studios. If anything that should go to someone else. I get that Naughty Dog has more than one team but neither should be working on that.

that's assuming if any of this is even TRUE fam.

And yes, this is dumb as shyt IF TRUE. But to act like the sky is falling is beyond ridiculous when the company has never had an issue introducing new successful IPs ever since it came into existence.

@Chris Cool just pointed out another alleged leak outlining TLOU2 DLC with the multiplayer included.

I don't believe shyt from a lot of these cats until we get some concrete evidence. They ALL want clicks even the "respected" insiders. There's been numerous insider information that was proven to be :duck: and we got tumbleweeds from them when we found out the shyt was cap.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Who the fukk is asking for a last of us remake?
full
Seriously I beat that game 3 times and consider it a masterpiece but what’s the point? Game isn’t even that old and was already remastered for PS4 :skip:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

And yes, this is dumb as shyt IF TRUE. But to act like the sky is falling is beyond ridiculous when the company has never had an issue introducing new successful IPs ever since it came into existence.

@Chris Cool just pointed out another alleged leak outlining TLOU2 DLC with the multiplayer included.

I don't believe shyt from a lot of these cats until we get some concrete evidence. They ALL want clicks even the "respected" insiders. There's been numerous insider information that was proven to be :duck: and we got tumbleweeds from them when we found out the shyt was cap.
Also talked about their new game.
img-3.jpeg

img.jpg

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Also talked about their new game.
img-3.jpeg

img.jpg

sounds dope. :ohhh:

Streets need that MGS or MG remake and GoT2 !!!

I know we not seeing Ragnarok till 2023 at best. Probably convinced Sony to make it PS5 only (As they should after hearing how much Cory had to cut from GOW2018 due to the PS4's shortcomings, esp the OG model).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Some of the more recent Sony missteps.

refusing to allow cross-paltform multiplayer even well after all the other players in the industry got onboard. It is allowed now but it took pressure from the fans to get that done.

Lobotomizing Studio Japan.
Sources: PlayStation is winding down Sony Japan Studio | VGC

Downgrading from Shuhei Yoshida to Hermen Hulst who seemingly directly greenlit this Last of Us remake.

I mean we went from this

To the head of PlayStation openly trolling fans about their desire to have backwards compatibility to older titles from previous generations. Almost acknowledging that he sees no value in the preservation of games on his platforms other than how he can remake them and resell them to the brand's fans.

Sometimes there's value in something a brand does to generate goodwill with fans. Everything doesn't have to be a move to pump money out of fans.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Who the fukk is asking for a last of us remake?
full
The HBO Series is coming out next year, I think Sony wants a new entry to coincide with all their Movies/Shows

They might be trying to leverage the engagement of their movies to help drive new sales of their games and vice versa.
That's why they greenlit all those movies based on their IP.

So it looks like a Bloodborne and MGS remake/sequel is all but guaranteed

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

From what I gathered from the block quotes posted, Naughty Dog aren't even making it. They're supervising some other studio that is.

I'm not sure how people can gather that Sony would even want to force them to do something like that. At this point, they've proven three different times that whenever they feel like doing something different, it'll ultimately work out.

Hell, even Bend's issue with them not wanting to work on that remake ended with their request to do something else being granted.

Guess the end result is the same as it's always been. Let's wait until some games come from any of this, and go from there.