Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Wonder if any WWE talents will be wrestling in Japan? They used to do that in the 80s and early 90s before Vince decided he hated wrasslin.
It's not that Vince hated wrasslin, he just wanted full control of every situation his talent were involved with, which wasn't fun for fans but made all the business sense in the world. From the moment Cokeboy took over WWF basically had:

-The supershow with All Japan and New Japan in 1990
-Supershows with SWS and WAR in 91-92
-Hogan, that was basically out of the company (left a month later to drop the belt to Yoko), working NJPW Dontaku in 93 to face Muta
-Taker being sent to wrestle for Michinoku Pro against Hakushi in 97' as a good gesture after WWF stole Kai En Tai from ECW :heh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
God that belt is so fukking ugly.

COVID ruined NJPW.

Square biz. They never recovered:

• G1 was struggleville
  • Same ole Gedo bullshyt booking
  • Switchblade all in the videos
  • Numerous ball drops
  • Naito trying to figure out WTF
  • Bland ass Gaijins killing the feeling
All around ass from here to kingdom come.

Puro been down bad brehs :mjcry:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria

• G1 was struggleville
  • Numerous ball drops

Pretty much. I haven't been tuned in like I was, but shyt is bad. Dumbfukk Gedo completely cutting Naito's momentum after WK14 and having EVIL beat him was probably the start of the downturn.

Now Okada and White gonna be trading the belt for the next 2 years prolly.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

• G1 was struggleville
  • Numerous ball drops

Facts. I cancelled my NJPW World subscription back in 2020, and have seen nothing to compel me to go back. shyt is stale as fukk.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Pretty much. I haven't been tuned in like I was, but shyt is bad. Dumbfukk Gedo completely cutting Naito's momentum after WK14 and having EVIL beat him was probably the start of the downturn.

Now Okada and White gonna be trading the belt for the next 2 years prolly.
I’m still in for WK, but I haven’t given a shyt about NJ for at least 3 years. G1 2019 was the last consistent time I was tuned in. Naito winning in 2020 had me :blessed:, but then Covid killed his momentum (and then Gedo did too). :francis:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps

Katsuya Kitamura, a former young lion in New Japan Pro Wrestling, has passed away at the age of 36.
Tokyo Sports reported Friday morning that Kitamura had passed away on October 12, with the cause of death currently unknown. He had kept a YouTube page, with the latest video uploading on October 9.

Kitamura first started as an amateur wrestler, at one point being considered for the 2012 Japanese Olympic team. However in 2011 he was banned from amateur wrestling for two years after testing positive for anabolic steroids. He entered New Japan Pro Wrestling’s dojo in 2015 and had his first professional wrestling match in September of 2016, wrestling Tomoyuki Oka (Great-O-Khan) to a time limit draw. He won the 2017 Young Lion Cup, defeating everyone in the block.

Early in 2018, Kitamura was put in a trial series where he would face seven wrestlers in singles matches. In his final match, he was set to face Manabu Nakaniashi. However, the company announced that he had suffered a cerebral concussion and was unable to compete. After a year, he left NJPW in January of 2019.

Following his departure from NJPW, Kitamura had one mixed martial arts match in RIZIN, losing to Bobby Ologun by rear naked choke at Rizin 32 on November 20, 2021.

Damn :picard: