Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reminder that Tokyo Sports is essentially a kayfabe outlet and one of Okada’s defining character traits is being a cocky a$$hole.

Here is the full part Okada said about Naito. This is not quite a direct quote translation (most good translations aren’t), but is faithful to the message he was conveying. Things in brackets are my own added clarifications. Never take my translation, or any fan translation, as gospel.

“I feel most sorry for Naito, because now the object of his jealousy is gone.” Okada said with a mischievous smile, “It was because Naito kept saying ‘Okada is…’ that the fans rallied behind him. [Essentially saying that Naito’s anti-establishment attitude got over on the back of Okada’s popularity as the establishment.] But in that sense, Naito will step up his game [now that I’m gone], won’t he? I experienced a similar situation when Nakamura left, and I found out there’s a lot of things that can be learned from it. [So people like Naito should also be able to learn from me leaving.] That advice isn’t just for Naito, though.”

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Takeshyta and Naruto Doi had what was apparently a great match in DDT from the few comments on Twitter I saw.

Now they want to run it back in America.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I thought Doi retired but then I remember Dragon Gate is the most obscure promotion in Japan :dead: i see he's been free lancing like Shingo did before signing with New Japan :leon:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
How is it not? There's never news about them in any of the usual sites, only real source of information is Twitter from the people that follow them. There's no good source to watch their matches or shows. There's never discussions about their product, ever.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
How is it not? There's never news about them in any of the usual sites, only real source of information is Twitter from the people that follow them. There's no good source to watch their matches or shows. There's never discussions about their product, ever.

Well, even if there isn't much info available like in the iheartdg website days, it's out there. They have added a few English resources (Schedules on YouTube, live commentary for some shows, official English pages on Twitter and Facebook, etc.), and just like every other major puro promotion, they have their own streaming site for shows. I can't say "obscure" is the word. There is not much interest outside of Japan, I'll give you that.

When I read obscure, I think of promotions like 666 or FREEDOMS, which sometimes you don't even know if they still exist.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
WWE wants to form a business relationship with NJPW, yet Triple H out here insulting the term that President Tanahashi coined for working with other promotions and is the name for their biggest co-branded show:snoop:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
WWE wants to form a business relationship with NJPW, yet Triple H out here insulting the term that President Tanahashi coined for working with other promotions and is the name for their biggest co-branded show:snoop:

Nobody thinks of Ace when they say forbidden door. Tony Khan at one point was trying to play like it was his nickname