Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Okada officially gone.

The company doesn't have a lot of money. There's no gaijin to rely upon and a lot of young wrestler than can/need to get pushed as much bigger deals than they have been so far.

It kinda feels like 2006 tbh. I truly hope they can crack the code like they did 18 years ago because if not....:sadcam:
They got Jack Perry:troll:

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Crazy how time flies. Seems like it was just yesterday NJ's roster was stacked with Okada,Tana,Nak,Shibata, AJ, MiSu, Naito, etc

Hope they can turn it around soon.:francis:

Exactly, I was just thinking that. With Okada out, they need to find their next breakout star(s) ASAP.

Naito is winding down. EVIL and SANADA? Can't cut the mustard. Ishii is old. Goto never got the chance. Taichi became a heavyweight for nothing. David Finlay? LOL. Hope Tanahashi doesn't trust ANY gaijin, none of them are loyal.

Yota Tsuji? He seems like a charismatic guy, but I haven't watched enough of his matches to make a judgment.
Shota? He better speeds it up and gets on that level soon.

Fukk it. Start stealing from other companies. A few people in AJPW seems unhappy. Start there.

Last edited:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Exactly, I was just thinking that. With Okada out, they need to find their next breakout star(s) ASAP.

Naito is winding down. EVIL and SANADA? Can't cut the mustard. Ishii is old. Goto never got the chance. Taichi became a heavywight for nothing. David Finlay? LOL. Hope Tanahashi doesn't trust ANY gaijin, none of them are loyal.

Yota Tsuji? He seems like a charismatic guy, but I haven't watched enough of his matches to make a judgment.

Fukk it. Start stealing from other companies. A few people in AJPW seems unhappy. Start there.
Time for a Zack Sabre Jr heavyweight title run :blessed:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Naito is winding down. EVIL and SANADA? Can't cut the mustard. Ishii is old. Goto never got the chance. Taichi became a heavyweight for nothing. David Finlay? LOL. Hope Tanahashi doesn't trust ANY gaijin, none of them are loyal.

Shota? He better speeds it up and gets on that level soon.

Shuji Ishikawa could be a dope invader champ in New Japan but something tells me that him being a career indy guy with a deathmatch past will stop NJ from giving him a big push :mjcry: he could get a Honma-like run though :ld:

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Man, I wished we had more of evil a$$hole invader Tanahashi. Rewatching 2008's Champion Carnival finals reminds me of how fun he is.

-Taunting and dabbing on AJPW's *inferior* crowd
-Disrespecting venerated ref KYOHEEEEIIII
-Korakuen crowd on fire
-Every time a mild Tana chant begins, it's immediately drowned in Suwama chants
-Suwama pulling all the stops to avoid this evil man to take the tournament, even doing flying moves and (ugly as fukk) dragon screws

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Any ideas of where Tama lands?
That's what I'm curious about. If he goes to WWE, he'll just be saddled in the O.C. until Tanga comes over. However, if he goes to either AEW or TNA, he can basically expand G.o.D over in either of those companies, similar to how Bullet Club is in AEW/ROH and TNA, also with United Empire and Chaos being in AEW/ROH.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Highlights from Kevin Kelly on WOL regarding Okada and New Japan Pro Wrestling

- Knows Okada wasn’t a fan of Harold Meij (nor was anyone)

- The big names may look at this and consider leaving as well

- The Japanese yen is very weak and is likely a big reason Okada is leaving.

- Doesn’t think there are any Japanese wrestlers NJPW can bring in to make a difference, even Nakajima. “Promote from within”

- Says “the last guy” was the reason there were 4 G1 blocks, including one with just young guys. G1 “doesn’t need a catchphrase” like born in the ring (I kinda liked that tbh..)

- G1 should be cut down. Remove KENTA (“he doesn’t have it anymore), Goto, Yoshi-Hashi

- Hiromu should be moved up into heavyweight, don’t listen to the dinosaurs saying otherwise. Same with El Desperado

- Hiromu should win the New Japan Cup. Why not?

- El Desparado should win BOSJ and go into G1.

- G1 needs big AEW stars, not just “names”

- “There is no money in Master Wato”

- WWE has fans in Japan but New Japan has life long supporters, brand ambassadors

- Gabe Kidd is great but needs to cut down on the bad language. “90% there”.

- David Finlay is a great Bullet Club leader, he gets genuine boos in Japan. Western fans see him as Jay White Jr, Japanese fans do not.

- Tama firing story and not defending the title was stupid

- House of Torture is bad, stop that. Gets boos, but not the good ones

- Tony Khan loves Daniel Garcia and will do everything to keep him.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Man, I wished we had more of evil a$$hole invader Tanahashi. Rewatching 2008's Champion Carnival finals reminds me of how fun he is.

-Taunting and dabbing on AJPW's *inferior* crowd
-Disrespecting venerated ref KYOHEEEEIIII
-Korakuen crowd on fire
-Every time a mild Tana chant begins, it's immediately drowned in Suwama chants
-Suwama pulling all the stops to avoid this evil man to take the tournament, even doing flying moves and (ugly as fukk) dragon screws

I was :ohhh: at the Nagata feud in 07, but this CC run was what made me a Tana stan. That shyt was a classic invader run :ohlawd: