Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Am I tripping or does this essentially confirm that Okada is done in NJ on 1/4 :jbhmm:

Not necessarily, supposedly his contract ends at the end of January and New Japan has a break a break between the 6th and the 20th and by that point the New Beginning tour starts. He could travel to the US to work TNA and AEW and go back in time for that tour.

But if Bushiroad really is fukked in terms of money, this is the ideal time for Okada to leave.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Would be a huge blow to lose Okada and Os in the same month. I don’t see Okada leaving Japan, but will he stay in NJ is the question. He already did so much. All that’s left is a legit heel turn.
The mini feud with Kiyomiya showed there's big potential in "grumpy veteran Okada", specially with all the young guys currently in the New Japan roster.

But with the atrocious booking New Japan has we might never see it even if Okada stays :smh:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Okada is not leaving Japan. This is a warning to the folks at Bushiroad that it’s time to come correct with the money.
With a second major player in the US that books guys strong and hands out sweetheart deals, we are definitely heading to the logical end of how long he can afford to say no.

But it does feel like if he leaves then Japanese wrestling is taking a massive L. NJ hasn't really prepared for this. I think the thing that makes it seem the least likely is how utterly dead NJ would seem if it were to happen.

They'd have to actually run a big angle and try something to get someone hot

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
With a second major player in the US that books guys strong and hands out sweetheart deals, we are definitely heading to the logical end of how long he can afford to say no.

But it does feel like if he leaves then Japanese wrestling is taking a massive L. NJ hasn't really prepared for this. I think the thing that makes it seem the least likely is how utterly dead NJ would seem if it were to happen.

They'd have to actually run a big angle and try something to get someone hot
New Japan takes way too long to get their young talent elevated.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
New Japan takes way too long to get their young talent elevated.
The sad part is that it was Gedo's specialty. He's had the book for 17 years, there's gotta be someone else with fresher ideas and the balls to push forward with the new generation of guys, it's fukking due.

Last edited: