Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't thibk AEW needs to book Ospray in a huge match at All In. The few tickets left to sell at Wembley's current setting (70k) can be sold with other matches, there's a tons of options available.

A third match with Kenny can absolutely happen at that show, I'm just saying Is not a mandatory thing as some are making it out to be :hubie: Ospreay could win at FD then defend the belt against another top wrestler at All In and the show wouldn't suffer if that guy isn't Kenny :manny:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Dominion was pretty good. I'd definitely recommend watching Hiromu vs. Master Yato and the main event was good too but of course the big news is FBII related.
JUst started the Wato/Hiromu match. Never got around to checking out Titan vs. Wato so want to see what the big deal is with Karen Wato these days.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I don't thibk AEW needs to book Ospray in a huge match at All In. The few tickets left to sell at Wembley's current setting (70k) can be sold with other matches, there's a tons of options available.

A third match with Kenny can absolutely happen at that show, I'm just saying Is not a mandatory thing as some are making it out to be :hubie: Ospreay could win at FD then defend the belt against another top wrestler at All In and the show wouldn't suffer if that guy isn't Kenny :manny:
You could make the same argument about Wrestlemania though. Point is, You want to make the show/card as memorable as possible.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You could make the same argument about Wrestlemania though. Point is, You want to make the show/card as memorable as possible.
My point is that Ospreay vs Omega III isn't the be all and end all for an AEW show. Yes, it would be a huge match and it may be the chosen main event of All In but it's not something they "have" to book in August. There's plenty of other big matches involving Omega, Punk, Danielson and MJF that don't need Ospreay to make All In a memorable and can't miss show.

Kenny vs Ospreay is no an AEW feud/story so the Wrestlemania comp doesn't quite fit. The rematch at Forbidden Door makes a lot of sense when you take into account it's a PPV with a "AEW vs New Japan" theme. Having a third match would be more about booking a cool/great matchup, but I feel there's plenty of options for both those guys in that regard, were rushing a third match isn't a priority unless both New Japan and AEW already agreed to it beforehand.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
AEW doesn't hold all the cards. NJPW booking Okada and Ospreay in big singles matches is good for the two promotions' relationships but it's not like AEW could just say hey let's hold off until ALL IN when that isn't a co-promotional event.

But ALL IN does need to have memorable matches. You can't put MJF vs. Jungle Boy in front of 75,000+ people and say "here's yalls main event" that would be ridiculous.