Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
AEW doesn't hold all the cards. NJPW booking Okada and Ospreay in big singles matches is good for the two promotions' relationships but it's not like AEW could just say hey let's hold off until ALL IN when that isn't a co-promotional event.

But ALL IN does need to have memorable matches. You can't put MJF vs. Jungle Boy in front of 75,000+ people and say "here's yalls main event" that would be ridiculous.
I mean, that goes without saying. All In will be their biggest show in history and they have to deliver something memorable to keep the momentum of a 70k attendance show with a hot crowd.

Ospreay could have a match against Jay White, or a tag match with Takeshyta against Omega and Ibushi and it would still be a very big deal. All the while you can book MJF vs Punk or Danielson vs Punk, or MJF vs Omega (wouldn't make much sense but my point is that there's plenty of money matches left on the table), or many other options.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I wonder if the Japanese fans see Okada how we see Okada.

Or if they see somebody like Roman how we see Okada.

Either way, Just was thinking how he’s above the IWGP Title now. Wish this reign would have went on longer for sure but don’t care to see him get it back any time soon. Honestly wish he could’ve had a great IC title run before they killed it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I had no clue New Japan had a dude like Yota Tsuji under their sleeve :leon:

Was he a standount during his excursion to Rev Pro or is he another example of CMLL turning someone into a potential star after working in Mexico?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I know, he went to CMLL and Rev Pro, I'm asking if his leap was in Mexico or the UK. Because if it was in CMLL, that's three stars that company has gift wrapped for New Japan in 10 years:pachaha:
He's primarily been in CMLL since November but he's had 54 matches in RevPro and 42 in CMLL. So I guess you can say he got promoted from RevPro to CMLL

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Catching up on Dominion....Yota :wow:

That boy is a star.

Should've took the belt from boring ass SANADA :unimpressed: