Jamilah Lemieux & Amber J Phillips x The Breakfast Club

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I just said that the agenda/narratives that they push should go without saying. One shouldn't have to listen to the interview to know that they're full of shyt. I didn't say anything about putting fingers in your ears.

What does this even mean exactly? What's "magical" about you? When I think of "magical negros" I think of characters in movies like the green mile or bagger Vance. Blacks that are safe to be accepted by whites because they transcend being black. I'm not a magical negro and I would never describe myself as such.

I didn't know who they were so why would something go without saying? One should assume, so to make assumptions and refuse to listen is in basically covering your ears. The interview wasn't full of it, there were a lot of good points and corrections and some push back on their ideas that were wrong there could have been more but it was the BC.

You can be "magical" and not be the magical negro. Black people are magic because of our talent, our creativity, our strength our influence etc... That even with everything we have been through and going through we are still able to show all those things. Even in the worst situations we are still those things. Even with all the things against us we are still doing things and accomplishing things. It has nothing to be with being excepted by whites or being a Green mile type character saving white people. It is the anti what white people think. Even across black cultures, even after trying to strip that away we still have similarities and things that are distinctly us. It's beautiful.

And before you start, that doesn't mean things are good for us and with should be tap dancing . It doesn't mean we are perfect and don't have a lot of work to in our community. It doesn't mean there isn't struggle or a fight. It is just loving your blackness and being unapologetic about it, not conforming.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I didn't know who they were so why would something go without saying? One should assume, so to make assumptions and refuse to listen is in basically covering your ears. The interview wasn't full of it, there were a lot of good points and corrections and some push back on their ideas that were wrong there could have been more but it was the BC.

You can be "magical" and not be the magical negro. Black people are magic because of our talent, our creativity, our strength our influence etc... That even with everything we have been through and going through we are still able to show all those things. Even in the worst situations we are still those things. Even with all the things against us we are still doing things and accomplishing things. It has nothing to be with being excepted by whites or being a Green mile type character saving white people. It is the anti what white people think. Even across black cultures, even after trying to strip that away we still have similarities and things that are distinctly us. It's beautiful.

And before you start, that doesn't mean things are good for us and with should be tap dancing . It doesn't mean we are perfect and don't have a lot of work to in our community. It doesn't mean there isn't struggle or a fight. It is just loving your blackness and being unapologetic about it, not conforming.
All black feminists are full of shyt and should not be tolerated:francis:

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin