Jamie Foxx is recovering after suffering undisclosed medical complication

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Celebrities don’t owe you daily updates on their health when they are sick. This is (was?) a private matter and the family deserves privacy. I said it during the Meg trial and I’ll say it again: there needs to be a reckoning about these “hip hop” blogs which spread blatantly false information daily for clicks. This is insane.
You might as well lump in all blogs into the mix especially white ones as well as they do it too. The original source of the report wasn't a hip hop blog, but just so happened that they were the one that she quoted. It also didn’t help matters that you had other people essentially alluding to RadarOnline report as being true.

As another poster stated, this is what happens when you don't let publicist and PR team do their job and instead try and handle it personally.

Last edited:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I’ll

Some celebrities didn’t help matters with the pray for Jamie posts and their wording leading people to believe that he was in a worse position health wise than he was.

That part. Because Black celebrities who knew Jaime were putting up pray for Jaime and God watch over him posts and making it sound like it was a wrap for him. :francis:

But since they don't want to say what happened what happens next will confirm what it was.

If he bounces back quickly and starts working again soon then it was probably an OD from fentanyl etc...

But if he's out for months and hides from the public then it was far more serious like others said before. Because depending on the health issue it takes a long time to recover from due to rehab etc...And unfortunately you're never really the same as before.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That part. Because Black celebrities who knew Jaime were putting up pray for Jaime and God watch over him posts and making it sound like it was a wrap for him. :francis:

But since they don't want to say what happened what happens next will confirm what it was.

If he bounces back quickly and starts working again soon then it was probably an OD from fentanyl etc...

But if he's out for months and hides from the public then it was far more serious like others said before. Because depending on the health issue it takes a long time to recover from due to rehab etc...And unfortunately you're never really the same as before.
She shouldn't have mentioned that they have an announcement next week as people are going to be checking for it and if they don't see him or it doesn't come from him, then the questions and rumors are going to ramp up again. She shouldn't have put that time table out there.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some celebrities didn’t help matters with the pray for Jamie posts and their wording leading people to believe that he was in a worse position health wise than he was.
I’ve seen posters in here & elsewhere mad at the family. They have been consistent from the beginning.

People just chose to believe others who presented a worse scenario

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’ve seen posters in here & elsewhere mad at the family. They have been consistent from the beginning.

People just chose to believe others who presented a worse scenario
The original report from the family stated that he was on his way to recovery. It never stated that he was out of the hospital, which is what allowed those rumors to go as far as they did. That's why you get your publicist and PR team to do speaking on behalf of the family as that next week announcement is going to cause more issues depending on what it is and if he will be seen for it.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The original report from the family stated that he was on his way to recovery. It never stated that he was out of the hospital, which is what allowed those rumors to go as far as they did. That's why you get your publicist and PR team to do speaking on behalf of the family as that next week announcement is going to cause more issues depending on what it is and if he will be seen for it.
I could have swore they also stated he was back home. Either way the family gave no statement he was declining. As you said they explained he was recovering.

Why people choose to believe 3rd party’s particularly negative ones is crazy. There was no basis for the reporting either. Nobody questioned it

But were quick to question the family

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I could have swore they also stated he was back home. Either way the family gave no statement he was declining. As you said they explained he was recovering.

Why people choose to believe 3rd party’s particularly negative ones is crazy. There was no basis for the reporting either. Nobody questioned it

But were quick to question the family
And that's what makes this situation even more weirder as this is the first time I can ever remember that all of Hollywood was on the same page in keeping it under wraps what his medical condition was. The mainstream outlets weren't really talking about it and it was more so the blogs that were fueling the rumors.

In Toure's case, I'm guessing someone probably reached out and told him that it wasn't true and to delete the post.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Celebrities don’t owe you daily updates on their health when they are sick. This is (was?) a private matter and the family deserves privacy. I said it during the Meg trial and I’ll say it again: there needs to be a reckoning about these “hip hop” blogs which spread blatantly false information daily for clicks. This is insane.

lol @ ppl acting like they’re owed ANY details on his personal life/well-being cuz they bought a couple movie tickets and watched some jamie foxx show reruns lmao smh

fwiw cardi won a substantial lawsuit against a blogger chic who said she had herpes…but yeah definitely needs to be more of that

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’m
lol @ ppl acting like they’re owed ANY details on his personal life/well-being cuz they bought a couple movie tickets and watched some jamie foxx show reruns lmao smh

fwiw cardi won a substantial lawsuit against a blogger chic who said she had herpes…but yeah definitely needs to be more of that
i just wish they didn’t say anything at this point. Just should’ve let him go away quietly.