Jamie Foxx is recovering after suffering undisclosed medical complication

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
About a week or two ago, I heard that Jamie Foxx was thanking everybody for helping him recover, although I never saw him say it. That don't mean it wasn't true though. Maybe he didn't wanna be seen all laid up in a hospital, and maybe the experience changed his looks for time being. I remember when my cousin recovered from some kind of poison, and they weren't sure if he was going to make it through the night. When he came out the hospital, it took months before he got the glow back to his face, etc... I mean that experienced aged him there for a minute. So I can understand somebody. especially a star, who's known to be handsome to the ladies, not wanting to be seen by the public until he fully recovers, to the point he look and sound like he was never sick.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
i'm on the side of, don't announce a medical event and have all these celebs hitting the "pray for jamie" tweets and then drop an annoyed tweet talking about "he been home for weeks, yall making shyt up". like, a simple "glad to have our dad back at home, thank you to the fans for your support" would've sufficed "weeks ago" when he got home...
The first time we heard of this, they said he was recovering. Then I saw a week after that Nick Cannon said he got the ok from the family to say he was alert and recovering. Then I saw another article after that saying he was dealing with a non life threatening medical issue. I guess most people weren’t paying attention…

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
i'm on the side of, don't announce a medical event and have all these celebs hitting the "pray for jamie" tweets and then drop an annoyed tweet talking about "he been home for weeks, yall making shyt up". like, a simple "glad to have our dad back at home, thank you to the fans for your support" would've sufficed "weeks ago" when he got home...
Yeah that was interesting. Like you know people love Jamie but you hit us with that vague post. You know how social media is so why handle it that way? I’m just glad Jamie is ok.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The first time we heard of this, they said he was recovering. Then I saw a week after that Nick Cannon said he got the ok from the family to say he was alert and recovering. Then I saw another article after that saying he was dealing with a non life threatening medical issue. I guess most people weren’t paying attention…
Bro, I don’t follow shyt like that, I’m not on SM. I checked this thread a few times and it was always updates from people backtracking until the little passive aggressive tweet today. If the family is the source, they could’ve said he’s home, thanks for the prayers, weeks ago.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Bro, I don’t follow shyt like that, I’m not on SM. I checked this thread a few times and it was always updates from people backtracking until the little passive aggressive tweet today. If the family is the source, they could’ve said he’s home, thanks for the prayers, weeks ago.
I get that too because I did see an article that said he was dealing with something non life threatening, and they just wanted to be clear before they released him, but that was maybe just a week ago. But to hear he’s been home for weeks, sure they probably should’ve said something earlier. I just never thought he was on his way out like people were saying in this thread.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
His sister posted like what the daughter said is accurate. So I guess he's ok, thankfully
I find it sus that his daughter is making these statements instead of his publicist.
Celebrities have people on pay roll just for things like this.
I hope he is in good spirits but a stroke is no joke (if that's the case) but with time he can fully recover and become close to 100% normal.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I find it sus that his daughter is making these statements instead of his publicist.
Celebrities have people on pay roll just for things like this.
I hope he is in good spirits but a stroke is no joke (if that's the case) but with time he can fully recover and become close to 100% normal.
They probably didn't plan to make any statements she's just tired of people with the bullshyt so she did.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
One of the first reports weeks ago was he was released and at home.

Certain media outlets started reporting he went back or never left. Not sure why some of y’all are mad at Jamie fam
Some celebrities didn’t help matters with the pray for Jamie posts and their wording leading people to believe that he was in a worse position health wise than he was.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Celebrities don’t owe you daily updates on their health when they are sick. This is (was?) a private matter and the family deserves privacy. I said it during the Meg trial and I’ll say it again: there needs to be a reckoning about these “hip hop” blogs which spread blatantly false information daily for clicks. This is insane.