James Harden traded to Philly Ben Simmons to Brooklyn finally

drifter

Superstar
Daps
interesting…nets definitely took a big step back…a healthy KD harden and kyrie was a chip no matter how much folks try to play it off like it wouldn’t be a lock…even with ben at his best philly still wasn’t even close to a lock so even tho the simmons situation was nasty, I still think they’ve improved as a team unless I’m underestimating the loss of curry and drummond

Well it's not like Harden before BK was a lock to win anything either. That's partly why everybody shytted him before last year, he was hurt and a cop out then. Even now Philly isn't the favorite. It was obviously early on Ben & Embiid don't work together, Ben & KD/Kyrie is a much better fit all things equal.

I'd say Philly got better but they aren't unbeatable, far from Kyrie/KD/a Harden that's in shape that we never got. They're last in rebounding with Embiid and their 10th rated defense is going to dip since Harden's a negative on that side.

What'll be interesting to see is if Harden plays better since he's around his friends in Philly. He was around one of his good friends in BK and looked like dog shyt even while we were #1 in the east. He didn't do shyt last summer but be fat and get detained with Lil Baby in Paris, so he's either declined or he checked out before the season even started and before Kyrie's situation became an issue.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
…and that was my only point…I can objectively say philly got better…I can’t say the same about us

I can which is what the rest of the post is about. For however much a step back Harden/KD/Kyrie to Ben/KD/Kyrie is we improved rebounding and defense dramatically. And I don't think it's the hugest downgrade most looking at PPG of Ben & Harden would because context matters, I think a healthy BK can still outscore just about every team even with Ben. Of course it was guaranteed with Harden but hey.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
…and that was my only point…I can objectively say philly got better…I can’t say the same about us
I think the Nets got MUCH better. A MUCH better on the ball defender and rebounder who can get just a easy shots for Kyrie and Durant as Harden they traded away.

Last edited:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

People don't understand how genius Morey really is. Tilman Fertitta took over (and ruined) the Rockets franchise as an owner and nobody in the organization liked it. Well...what are ya gonna do, the owners are the ultimate shotcallers right?

Morey's solution: I'll trade the identity of the franchise (star player plus GM's analytics) to a new city. Only thing was he had to work around Fertitta's grudge against him so he had to complete the plan in two steps. And here we are.

Daryl Morey has just completed the most thorough rebuild in the history of the NBA: adding Joel Embiid, Thybulle and Maxey to his number one option under a player's coach in Rivers (next best thing after personable D'antoni) masked as a 'new' team. The 76ers are now just The Rockets from the 2010s taken on the road. He basically traded his owner. Trust the process. :wow:

(Where's the clutchfans magnificent b*stard gif when you need it?)

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
People don't understand how genius Morey really is. Tilman Fertitta took over (and ruined) the Rockets franchise as an owner and nobody in the organization liked it. Well...what are ya gonna do, the owners are the ultimate shotcallers right?

Morey's solution: I'll trade the identity of the franchise (star player plus GM's analytics) to a new city. Only thing was he had to work around Fertitta's grudge against him so he had to complete the plan in two steps. And here we are.

Daryl Morey has just completed the most thorough rebuild in the history of the NBA: adding Joel Embiid, Thybulle and Maxey to his number one option under a player's coach in Rivers (next best thing after personable D'antoni) masked as a 'new' team. The 76ers are now just The Rockets from the 2010s taken on the road. He basically traded his owner. Trust the process. :wow:

(Where's the clutchfans magnificent b*stard gif when you need it?)
:to::to: