Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
SMFH.

How many times did I tell you that there were no excuses last season? Like honestly, this might be the 10th time we've had this discussion.

I'm not giving Curry a pass for anything.

No excuses. :manny:

Except when....

iii) Curry wasn't the same after his injury and it was one of the reasons why the Warriors didn't go back-to-back

yes Curry's injury did hurt them in the end, because he clearly wasn't 100% as the postseason went on.

You were WRONG in thinking that it wasn't going to affect their title hopes. It did. Quite clearly. Not up for debate. You were WRONG.

I was specifically talking about Curry's injury and what effect it had on them in the end. You were WRONG on that. Not to mention there's a possibility those injuries to Bogut and Iggy would have never happened if Curry didn't get injured in the first place.

I wasn't petty and tagging you after the Warriors lost the Finals with Curry's injury (you know how you argued for over a week that it wouldn't?) having an effect on the outcome.

All I know is there was little to no talk saying that the Warriors were the better team when both squads were at full strength (first four games),;

(p.s. - I never, ever argued that Curry's injury wouldn't have an effect on the Warriors' title hopes. That aspect of the disagreement only occurred in GSH's head.)

Daps
Except when....

(p.s. - I never, ever argued that Curry's injury wouldn't have an effect on the Warriors' title hopes. That aspect of the disagreement only occurred in GSH's head.)
As I've stated time and time again, those are not excuses - Cavs won fair and square. Injuries happen, you have to deal with them. You're just taking what I said out of context by quoting all those posts.

:scust: at you bringing up all these posts that prove absolutely nothing. What kind of nonsense is this?

Daps
And yes you more or less did. You said he'd be fine in time for the next round/Finals. Clearly he wasn't. :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And yes you more or less did. You said he'd be fine in time for the next round/Finals. Clearly he wasn't. :mjlol:

I said he could potentially be fine enough by the time it mattered that it wouldn't keep them from winning a title. And that very nearly happened....and among the reasons the script flipped and the Warriors lost, Curry's injury doesn't even make the top 5.

I did not engage in any predictions about the future beyond the the next round.

Why don't you ever quote me when you make these claims about me making rock-solid assumptions about how Curry's injury recovery would progress?

Daps
I said he could potentially be fine enough by the time it mattered that it wouldn't keep them from winning a title. And that very nearly happened....and among the reasons the script flipped and the Warriors lost, Curry's injury doesn't even make the top 5.
:camby:

See this is the problem with you, and why you got yourself into trouble in the first place. You shouldn't have jumped into the argument, because now you look like a clown by dredging this shyt back up to prove your innocence. Nobody should've been talking about all the luck that was in the Warriors favor, and nobody should've been talking about how he'd still be right for the next round/Finals -- simply because NOBODY knew how it was going to affect his play when he returned.
Why don't you ever quote me when you make these claims about me making rock-solid assumptions about how Curry's injury recovery would progress?
:what:

Daps

I don't give a fukk what your top 5 is, clearly it had more impact on the result than you're letting on - after all, all that separated the two teams was ONE 3-pt shot.

Daps
I kept telling yall Paul George is the most inconsistent all star in the league but yall dumbasses think he's better than James Harden:stopitslime:

He is inconsistent, he steps it up in the playoffs , tho. Dude seem like he just goes through the motions during a lot of reg season games. He's injured this season tho

Daps
PG never won shyt :heh:

almost losing to 37 win team in the first round at a 1 seed is a testament of being a better playoffs performer?
2014 NBA Eastern Conference First Round | Basketball-Reference.com
And neither has Harden, but at least I know I can depend on PG providing elite defense on positions 1-4 and as inconsistent as his offense is, at least I know that he'll build within the flow of the game rather than cherry pick his buckets and playing for whistles.

:manny:

Daps
@The Dankster no matter how many posts you dig through still won't change the fact that Curry's injury had an effect on the Finals - you were wrong. End of story. I won't be responding to this again.

:manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

@The Dankster no matter how many posts you dig through still won't change the fact that Curry's injury had an effect on the Finals - you were wrong. End of story. I won't be responding to this again.

Are you not reading what I'm saying? You keep making these claims about me supposedly claiming that Curry's injury would have no effect on their title hopes. But you never quote what I actually said, because I NEVER made such a claim.

I NEVER made the claim that Curry's injury would not have an effect on the Finals. I said that we didn't know if it would cost them their title chances. We DIDN'T KNOW.

You keep repeating this lie over and over, but you NEVER quote where I supposedly said it.

You were WRONG in thinking that it wasn't going to affect their title hopes. It did. Quite clearly. Not up for debate. You were WRONG.

I wasn't petty and tagging you after the Warriors lost the Finals with Curry's injury (you know how you argued for over a week that it wouldn't?) having an effect on the outcome.

You misread my posts so often I get tired of correcting you. I put up a bunch of links about CP3's defense on Lilliard the other day, titling each link with EXACTLY what the articles were saying about CP3's defense, and you twisted it all around to me supposedly posting a bunch of lies, because while the link text exactly matched the link content, it didn't match the text you "thought" I was implying in your mind.

I don't give a fukk what your top 5 is, clearly it had more impact on the result than you're letting on - after all, all that separated the two teams was ONE 3-pt shot.

Once again, you're reading it from the opposite direction. I'm pointing out that the Warriors easily could have won despite Curry's injury - that Curry's injury did not sink their title hopes. There were a hundred scenarios where the Warriors get that W even with the Curry injury.

You seem to be claiming that I've argued that the Warriors would still have lost if Curry was healthy. That's the only reason I see to be pointing out the MOV as a counter-argument. But that's never been my argument at all, so you seem to be in your own world. (Not that I've argued the Warriors would "certainly" have won without the Curry injury either.)