James Harden or Paul George

James Harden or Paul George?

• James Harden

Votes: 98 46.9%
  • Paul George

Votes: 111 53.1%

• Total voters
Daps
Your logic circuits are broken again Gil.

I DO think that PG13 and Harden are on about the same level. And if I were building a team for a title, most of the time I would take PG13. But the Spurs would have beaten the Rockets whether it was PG13 or Harden - because they ARE on about the same level, and that ain't a Spurs-beating level.

Now put Lebron, Durant, Curry, or Kawhi on the Rockets instead, and they win. CP3, and they have a chance to win. Westbrook....he might have to be downgraded to that Harden/PG13 tier now. :francis:
This still doesn't even make any sense.

If you're of the belief they are on the same level on a general scale, how isn't PG definitively better when Harden's play is ineffective in the postseason, whereas PG typically raises his game? The Spurs were without Kawhi, so they weren't the typical Spurs-level team - replacing Harden with PG, a player who you believe is on the same level, but is far more effective in the postseason would mean that there's a sound argument (at the very least) for beating that Kawhi-less Spurs team.

I suggest you go over the last stretch of G5, and G6, and look at Harden's play, and look at how detrimental it was to the team, especially since he didn't even bother showing any effort on either end of the court. He didn't even show up, never mind playing up to his "ability".

edit: All PG had to do was show up, and he would've put them in a far greater position of winning.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only an idiot would think you could replace James harden in a mike Dantoni style offense and they would get better. Never one the fact that we haven't had a real pg since Lin.... but that idiot shows himself whenever he tries to talk about Rockets basketball

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This still doesn't even make any sense.

If you're of the belief they are on the same level on a general scale, how isn't PG definitively better when Harden's play is ineffective in the postseason, whereas PG typically raises his game?

I was speaking on a general postseason scale already. Harden is better for wins in the regular season, but I don't particularly value that.

The Spurs were without Kawhi, so they weren't the typical Spurs-level team - replacing Harden with PG, a player who you believe is on the same level, but is far more effective in the postseason would mean that there's a sound argument (at the very least) for beating that Kawhi-less Spurs team.

I suggest you go over the last stretch of G5, and G6, and look at Harden's play, and look at how detrimental it was to the team, especially since he didn't even bother showing any effort on either end of the court. He didn't even show up, never mind playing up to his "ability".

edit: All PG had to do was show up, and he would've put them in a far greater position of winning.

See the above answer, and past that you're looking too myopically. The series couldn't have been won solely in games 5 and 6, the Rockets had won games before that. PG13 had to beat the Spurs four times, some of those games with Kawhi. And he would have had to do that with Houston's roster and in Houston's offense, which Harden fit as well into as Harden fits into anything. I don't think PG13 would have won those games. Over the last couple years I've been shocked at how the Spurs can at times (though strangely not consistently) their game to what appears to be far higher than the sum of their parts, and I think they simply outmatch teams like the Rockets badly when they play at that level.

Daps

lot of morons in this thread

This is bad for even you :francis:
Harden is an MVP runner up twice.

This thread should be locked.

Why u gonna make up random shyt thinking its true? Just admit u were wrong and continue on. Thinking PG could have lead that rockets team over the spurs is retarded since he was swept in the first round.
No you're a joke. Harden is the most skilled player in the NBA. Kyrie is a close second. Even a moron can see that at this point.

Go post in the ladies room if facts make your head hurt.

Enough with the Kawhi-less shyt. Spurs are still a great team even without him hence their 7-4 record which is good enough for the 3rd seed. We fukking lost by almost 40 in Game 6. They completely outplayed us & Paul George alone isn't doing shyt.

Your trolling is getting out of hand lately.

Why u gonna make up random shyt thinking its true? Just admit u were wrong and continue on. Thinking PG could have lead that rockets team over the spurs is retarded since he was swept in the first round.

Yikes PG ain't even better than my man Otto Porter right now. Dude lost a step and plays way too tentative. Harden's been better than him for a few years now.

@Gil Scott-Heroin
giphy.gif

Only an idiot would think you could replace James harden in a mike Dantoni style offense and they would get better. Never one the fact that we haven't had a real pg since Lin.... but that idiot shows himself whenever he tries to talk about Rockets basketball

Dropped 42 points tonight, while playing stellar defense - you know the other side of the floor which Harden plays no part in.

He also is #1 in steals, #1 in deflections, #1 in loose balls recovered, and has been one of the best performing defensive wings this season.

Daps
I've been dead right about your team for the last half a decade you smart dumb nikka.

:umad:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

Dropped 42 points tonight, while playing stellar defense - you know the other side of the floor which Harden plays no part in.

He also is #1 in steals, #1 in deflections, #1 in loose balls recovered, and has been one of the best performing defensive wings this season.

George used to be my favorite player so this is a W for me :manny:

Daps
I was speaking on a general postseason scale already. Harden is better for wins in the regular season, but I don't particularly value that.
Put PG on that Rockets team last season, and they'd arguably be the second-best team in the league. Not only would they still be one of the best offensive teams; George is an outstanding 3-pt shooter who would fit right into 'Antoni's scheme - 40% on 7.6 three-point attempts this season (George and Pat Bev can share playmaking duties), but they'd be one of the better defensive teams too - 3-4 strong/elite defenders who can switch on multiple positions.

Bev
Gordon
Ariza
George
Capela

No doubt in my mind they'd beat a Kawhi-less Spurs squad.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Run with outdated narratives brehs. Harden has already made game-winning defensive plays this season. Has Paul George? Harden is #9 in steals himself and averages the same number of blocks as PG.
Harden is a superstar, Paul George is just a star. The difference between Harden and Paul George offensively is much bigger than the difference between them defensively. Harden literally produces about 30 points per game more than PG. PG is not a playmaker and therefore can't carry a team the way Harden can. He's also not as good a scorer as Harden. The difference in how many points they produce is literally bigger than the difference between Paul George's production and what you or me would produce in an NBA game. Think about that breh. You're just stuck on one-dimensional stereotypes of what their games are like and aren't checking the actual facts.

Daps
Run with outdated narratives brehs. Harden has already made game-winning defensive plays this season. Has Paul George? Harden is #9 in steals himself and averages the same number of blocks as PG.
Harden is a superstar, Paul George is just a star. The difference between Harden and Paul George offensively is much bigger than the difference between them defensively. Harden literally produces about 30 points per game more than PG. PG is not a playmaker and therefore can't carry a team the way Harden can. He's also not as good a scorer as Harden. The difference in how many points they produce is literally bigger than the difference between Paul George's production and what you or me would produce in an NBA game. Think about that breh. You're just stuck on one-dimensional stereotypes of what their games are like and aren't checking the actual facts.
I can't tell the difference between you trolling or not knowing what the fukk you're talking about with the amount of nonsense you post.

:picard:

Daps
Ignore facts that don't suit your disingenuous narrative brehs.
These are the type of "facts" you work on -
Regular season record breh. And arguably half the wins or more Curry wasn´t even the most important player on the team. :comeon:
Curry has never had an elite season of defense either. Nor offense for that matter. Breh averaged only a few points more than Rondo last season.
:scust: @ thinking Curry is not a top 5 player at the moment. Straight up woat. :trash:
Curry has the worst playoff dropoff numbers of all. The greatest choker of all time. :wow:

Daps
The postseason-amnesia that Harden stans have is hilarious. They quite literally forget what happened in the preceding playoffs when the regular season rolls around as if Harden getting exposed in the postseason, over and over and over ain't a real thing.

:heh:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These are the type of "facts" you work on -

Tell us how you really feel breh.:pachaha:

Bringing in negative posts about Curry to show what the real cause of his hate for Harden is, all accurate statements in their context again too by the way. :dead:

Curry not being the best player in the league really messed with this guy's mental. :deadrose: