James Harden or Paul George?

• James Harden

Votes: 98 46.9%
  • Paul George

Votes: 111 53.1%

• Total voters
Daps
Tell us how you really feel breh.:pachaha:
You're gonna be mad as hell AGAIN when Curry gets another title and Harden keeps adding to his resume of being exposed.

:ahh:

Bringing in negative posts about Curry to show what the real cause of his hate for Harden is, all accurate statements in their context again too by the way. :dead:
:dead:

This is exactly what I mean. The nerve of you to accuse others of ignoring facts to push a "disingenuous narrative".
Curry not being the best player in the league really messed with this guy's mental. :deadrose:
:heh:

I think you'll find the player whose "mental" has been messed with, is the guy who keeps missing out on the MVP award, over and over, and then ends up underperforming in the postseason over and over, because he can't score without the aid of the officials. It's hilarious watching you and your fellow Rockets stans pull the same act every regular season, only to look idiotic in the playoffs. Arguing with y'all clowns is a lay up everytime.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The postseason-amnesia that Harden stans have is hilarious. They quite literally forget what happened in the preceding playoffs when the regular season rolls around as if Harden getting exposed in the postseason, over and over and over ain't a real thing.

Even Kobe said bad playoffs games are overstated. Just cause it's postseason and elevated play, don't mean you not goin have some bad performances...

I havent see you harp on Lowry's consistently bad playoff performance. Isn't that the guy you said was better than Jason Kidd?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Dropped 42 points tonight, while playing stellar defense - you know the other side of the floor which Harden plays no part in.

He also is #1 in steals, #1 in deflections, #1 in loose balls recovered, and has been one of the best performing defensive wings this season.

We all know PG >>>>>>> defensively than Harden though.

2 time MVP runner up playing in the Western Conference man.

Daps
We all know PG >>>>>>> defensively than Harden though.

2 time MVP runner up playing in the Western Conference man.
MVP is all about narrative; Harden's allowed to dominate the ball in the easiest-ast opportunity system in the league. He's got more space to work with than pretty much every star because of the constant floor spacing. Do you think Harden would've been a "2 time MVP runner up" in Indiana? Of course not. PG has a better, more reliable scoring skillset that can translate over to a postseason environment. If you replaced Harden with PG on the Rockets last season, they'd be arguably the second-best team in the league. Pat Bev, Gordon, Ariza, PG, and Capela would not only be devastating offensively (# of PnR options who can shoot the three; PG is shooting 40% on 7.6 three-point attempts this season), but one of the better defensive teams to - 3/4 strong/elite defenders who can guard multiple positions.

Do I really need to keep repeating myself on why Harden keeps in underperforming in the playoffs?
Harden played terrible in the later games but I think he just ran out of gas
:francis:

He's been terrible in nearly every postseason in his career. There's a reason why. I'm sure we don't need to keep going over it.
Even Kobe said bad playoffs games are overstated. Just cause it's postseason and elevated play, don't mean you not goin have some bad performances...
Kobe's my mans, but of course, he would say some shyt like that. It's not really about "bad performances", it's about why those bad performances occur. Why do you keep playing dumb as if you aren't aware to why Harden keeps failing in the postseason?

:jbhmm:
I havent see you harp on Lowry's consistently bad playoff performance. Isn't that the guy you said was better than Jason Kidd?
Not only is this completely irrelevant, but Lowry's been plagued with injuries for the last 3-4 postseasons (the seasons in which he's proven to be a better player than Kidd at his peak). And he's not consistently bad either, especially considering he scores more points on better efficiency in the playoffs than Kidd did - who was not a particularly consistent playoff performer himself.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MVP is all about narrative; Harden's allowed to dominate the ball in the easiest-ast opportunity system in the league. He's got more space to work with than pretty much every star because of the constant floor spacing. Do you think Harden would've been a "2 time MVP runner up" in Indiana? Of course not. PG has a better, more reliable scoring skillset that can translate over to a postseason environment. If you replaced Harden with PG on the Rockets last season, they'd be arguably the second-best team in the league. Pat Bev, Gordon, Ariza, PG, and Capela would not only be devastating offensively (# of PnR options who can shoot the three; PG is shooting 40% on 7.6 three-point attempts this season), but one of the better defensive teams to - 3/4 strong/elite defenders who can guard multiple positions.

Do I really need to keep repeating myself on why Harden keeps in underperforming in the playoffs?

:francis:

He's been terrible in nearly every postseason in his career. There's a reason why. I'm sure we don't need to keep going over it.

Kobe's my mans, but of course, he would say some shyt like that. It's not really about "bad performances", it's about why those bad performances occur. Why do you keep playing dumb as if you aren't aware to why Harden keeps failing in the postseason?

:jbhmm:

Not only is this completely irrelevant, but Lowry's been plagued with injuries for the last 3-4 postseasons (the seasons in which he's proven to be a better player than Kidd at his peak). And he's not consistently bad either, especially considering he scores more points on better efficiency in the playoffs than Kidd did - who was not a particularly consistent playoff performer himself.
your playoff arguments are shallow because you base it all off of scoring or scoring efficiency.

Paul George couldn't do for Houston what harden does for Houston. He can't create offense for Houston like harden can so that right there kills your argument because nobody on Houston can get scoring production on their own outside of Gordon . Nene, Ariza, Capella Ryan Anderson all would see serious regression playing with PG vs Harden because PG isn't the facilitator that Harden is. Houston would be an offensive wreck if you take away Harden and add George.

Half the squad that Harden took to the wcf in 2015 is out for the league or getting minimum minutes. Terence jones, prigioni, and DMo(all big contributors in 2015) are out the league. Jason terry and Corey Brewer are bench warmers. Josh smith was out the league but is now a bench warming cheerleader. Dwight is garbage now and missed most of 2015. Harden played with all that and took it to the wcf.

Harden elevates his teammates on offense which is the primary reason Houston is an elite team and contender. His impact leads to wins. PG13 is good but he doesn't have an impact on the court like Harden does. PG isn't a superstar. Harden is. PG isn't in that first tier of stars with the Durant, Lebron, Harden and Westbrook.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If they not on this list then the comparison is done:camby:

Code:
Rank                 Player   PER
1.          Michael Jordan* 27.91
2.             LeBron James 27.66
3.         Shaquille ONeal* 26.43
4.          David Robinson* 26.18
5.        Wilt Chamberlain* 26.13
6.               Chris Paul 25.70
7.              Bob Pettit* 25.35
8.             Kevin Durant 25.24
9.           Neil Johnston* 24.69
10.        Charles Barkley* 24.63
11.    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 24.58
12.             Dwyane Wade 24.24
13.              Tim Duncan 24.22
14.          Magic Johnson* 24.11
15.            Karl Malone* 23.90
16.       Russell Westbrook 23.75
17.        Hakeem Olajuwon* 23.59
18.          Julius Erving* 23.58
19.           Stephen Curry 23.53
20.             Larry Bird* 23.50
21.        Oscar Robertson* 23.17
22.            James Harden 23.06
23.               Yao Ming* 23.02
24.             Kobe Bryant 22.90
25.             Jerry West* 22.89

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 11/12/2017.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Harden's in a league of his own as the best SG in the league, even with his defensive fragilities he's clearly the better player
Clear to anyone that actually watches basketball. Most people here just watch biased ESPN highlight reels narrated by cacs with an agenda.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're gonna be mad as hell AGAIN when Curry gets another title and Harden keeps adding to his resume of being exposed.

:ahh:

:dead:

This is exactly what I mean. The nerve of you to accuse others of ignoring facts to push a "disingenuous narrative".

I think you'll find the player whose "mental" has been messed with, is the guy who keeps missing out on the MVP award, over and over, and then ends up underperforming in the postseason over and over, because he can't score without the aid of the officials. It's hilarious watching you and your fellow Rockets stans pull the same act every regular season, only to look idiotic in the playoffs. Arguing with y'all clowns is a lay up everytime.
He's averaging damn near 30 ppg in the playoffs since join Houston. You're a sad person. He scorched San Antonio the entire series until that untimely game 6 when he ran out of gas and just submitted..

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
your playoff arguments are shallow because you base it all off of scoring or scoring efficiency.

Paul George couldn't do for Houston what harden does for Houston. He can't create offense for Houston like harden can so that right there kills your argument because nobody on Houston can get scoring production on their own outside of Gordon . Nene, Ariza, Capella Ryan Anderson all would see serious regression playing with PG vs Harden because PG isn't the facilitator that Harden is. Houston would be an offensive wreck if you take away Harden and add George.

Half the squad that Harden took to the wcf in 2015 is out for the league or getting minimum minutes. Terence jones, prigioni, and DMo(all big contributors in 2015) are out the league. Jason terry and Corey Brewer are bench warmers. Josh smith was out the league but is now a bench warming cheerleader. Dwight is garbage now and missed most of 2015. Harden played with all that and took it to the wcf.

Harden elevates his teammates on offense which is the primary reason Houston is an elite team and contender. His impact leads to wins. PG13 is good but he doesn't have an impact on the court like Harden does. PG isn't a superstar. Harden is. PG isn't in that first tier of stars with the Durant, Lebron, Harden and Westbrook.

You don't think PG can play in dantoni's PG friendly offense and have similar production to what harden does?

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PG is a much better defender because of his length but I would still take harden over him because of his elite playmaking skills. PG can't pick apart a defense to go along with his scoring ability like harden. If you double harden he will make you pay. If you leave him one on one he will also make you pay. I don't thing PGs impact on the game is quite as high as hardens. Both are great though.

I am loving PGs defense so far on the thunder though. His length is truly disruptive and he moves his feet pretty well. If he wasn't so skinny he might be able to have a draymond green level of impact on that end.