Jamaican denounces “out of many, one people” slogan, after seeing CACs cacing.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Then explain how

In Kenya, there are tensions around colorism, class and different ethnicities. But except for South Africa, issues around Black and White identity are non-existent in a lot of African countries, said Karsonya Wise Whitehead, associate professor of African and African American Studies at Loyola University.

“When I was in Kenya, the guy who took my bag (at the airport) was Black. The guy who flew the plane was Black. The president was Black,” said Whitehead, who’s traveled to many African countries. “As a Black person from an African country, you haven’t seen the long history of oppression, the long history of social injustice that those of us who were born here, who are descendants of enslaved people, have seen.”

Dont let one poster fool you. Thing is, you are cherry picking

@Swahili P'Bitek

Are you a liar as NYC Rebel is asserting?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
@Swahili P'Bitek

I'm saying he can take up that argument with that professor. That professor is not alone and from my stand point, many Africans would rather save face than address reality and what needs to be done to make up ground where all our people are aware.

If you think my end game is to embarrass fellow Africans, I'm ok with being the villain or whatever bullshyt you think of me in your story because your story doesn't define me or my wants for Africans to wake up.

I've had this same discussion with owners of one of the biggest Kenyan restaurants on the east coast and we all come to the same honest conclusions. But unlike you in denial, we seek to address it.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm saying he can take up that argument with that professor. That professor is not alone and from my stand point, many Africans would rather save face than address reality and what needs to be done to make up ground where all our people are aware.

If you think my end game is to embarrass fellow Africans, I'm ok with being the villain or whatever bullshyt you think of me in your story because your story doesn't define me or my wants for Africans to wake up.

I've had this same discussion with owners of one of the biggest Kenyan restaurants on the east coast and we all come to the same honest conclusions. But unlike you in denial, we seek to address it.

You’re voting for a racial segregationist in November and you want Africans to wake up?

:unimpressed:

NYC Rebel

Daps
You’re voting for a racial segregationist in November and you want Africans to wake up?

:unimpressed:
Move the goalpost by telling me I should sit out and let a guy who wants to remove disparate impact from the books and allow this guy into his defense cabinet as if he isn't a threat to Africans.

Yeah... I'm asleep.

fukk outta here. You swear I'm pulling shyt out my ass when many more scholared out that the ass than any of us don't agree with you.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
The video is in bad taste , but I would also leave a country if I knew a hurricane was approaching .

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The video is in bad taste , but I would also leave a country if I knew a hurricane was approaching .
I don’t think people are mad about them leaving it’s the part where she says they returned and acted like nothing happened.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
West Indian problems; you've let Mr. Chin, Mr. Singh, and Mr. Ahmed over there get comfortable

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Then explain how

In Kenya, there are tensions around colorism, class and different ethnicities. But except for South Africa, issues around Black and White identity are non-existent in a lot of African countries, said Karsonya Wise Whitehead, associate professor of African and African American Studies at Loyola University.

“When I was in Kenya, the guy who took my bag (at the airport) was Black. The guy who flew the plane was Black. The president was Black,” said Whitehead, who’s traveled to many African countries. “As a Black person from an African country, you haven’t seen the long history of oppression, the long history of social injustice that those of us who were born here, who are descendants of enslaved people, have seen.”

Dont let one poster fool you. Thing is, you are cherry picking
Ok, I can pull up the same arguments and anecdotes, but I"ll just leave it. If Faith Karimi from that article is all you need then to make your conclusion, then ok.

Swahili P'Bitek

Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
@Swahili P'Bitek

Spent 26yrs of my life here, I can't argue about what I've lived. It's impractical. Different people have different views, but we know the major points of our history. What does the black in our flag stand for? If we don't know our race apparently. We know, we are just busy dealing with sellouts that were placed here first, then the rest will follow. 41 dead and counting already in the countrywide protests against SAPs set by IMF and being enforced by our mis governors, I can't argue with what I live. The usa ambassador jetted out and so did many foreigners.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Ok, I can pull up the same arguments and anecdotes, but I"ll just leave it. If Faith Karimi from that article is all you need then to make your conclusion, then ok.
It makes sense because proximity matters. That’s the case for most Africans. They aren’t around them.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Azan.. is that a Marrano family like one Sean Paul belongs to? Probably leftovers for when some of them switched allegiances during colonization.

One thing about history is it can tell you who is who

Edit; Lebanese. The modern day exploiters of All black people. That guy who got fake kidnapped in Haiti is connected to a wealthy Lebanese family too. And they all up in management of rappers too.

Is it possible for us to exploit the exploiters countries?

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
I wasn’t the one trying to Weaponize your anecdotal experience so you could put all that crap aside. Most Africans are not in proximity to non-blacks. Most Africans are not taught about the atrocities of Empire and that’s by design. I find that often times many of us blessed to be in elite circles, which we are, only see things through those lenses, outright discounting the garden variety every day African who doesn’t have our same access. For some reason, they never seem to count.

I can post this 2018 New York Times article that speaks on Kenyans new experiences with Chinese racism as they enter the country.

“Today, many younger Kenyans say that racism is a phenomenon they largely know indirectly, through history lessons and foreign news. But episodes involving discriminatory behavior by the region’s growing Chinese work force have unsettled many Kenyans, particularly at a time when their government seeks closer ties with China.”

This is new to many not named you or your circle of friends. It’s not a slight against them, but not being in proximity to non-blacks is the primary reason. Africa has not done a great job of teaching Africans the atrocities of Empire. I’m sorry, but those are facts.

Swahili P'Bitek

Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
I wasn’t the one trying to Weaponize your anecdotal experience so you could put all that crap aside. Most Africans are not in proximity to non-blacks. Most Africans are not taught about the atrocities of Empire and that’s by design. I find that often times many of us blessed to be in elite circles, which we are, only see things through those lenses, outright discounting the garden variety every day African who doesn’t have our same access. For some reason, they never seem to count.

I can post this 2018 New York Times article that speaks on Kenyans new experiences with Chinese racism as they enter the country.

“Today, many younger Kenyans say that racism is a phenomenon they largely know indirectly, through history lessons and foreign news. But episodes involving discriminatory behavior by the region’s growing Chinese work force have unsettled many Kenyans, particularly at a time when their government seeks closer ties with China.”

This is new to many not named you or your circle of friends. It’s not a slight against them, but not being in proximity to non-blacks is the primary reason. Africa has not done a great job of teaching Africans the atrocities of Empire. I’m sorry, but those are facts.
I can only speak about my experiences as a Kenyan, not any other African country. I can speak on my history curriculum which paints in vivid detail the atrocities of the Congo Free State, Trans Saharan Slave trade, Trans Atlantic Slave trade, Indian Ocean Slave trade and our own colonial struggle. If I came and argued with you regarding the attitudes of people wherever you are from, and I refused to listen stating articles and whatever, when you have 1st hand experience, for how long would you engage me?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So effectively Jamaicans are trying to cancel "E Plurbius Unum"?

And Americans actually think this is great?

Have you guys even looked at the money in your pockets?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
was arguing with a jamaican shorty (she's mixed) about this, she came at me and crazy about africans (Particular nigerians) stealing jamaican culture I had to check her and said Black Jamaicans are african most of you biracial milk of magnesia mfers aren't what kicked off Jamaican culture seeing as there is a direct link from patois and and to other west african languages/borrowed words. Told her Garvey should have done what Toussaint did and she lost it

We really here questioning if the country that birthed the Rastafari and Pan-Africanic movement is aware of white racism?

:dead:

Only on the Coli.

Some of yall are so desperate to feel significant and important above other black people you make a fool of yourself with all that chest bumping hubris.

Ironically it was a Jamaican activist who introduced the iconic red, black and green flag of black pride to the United States. And now a bunch of "proud to be an Americun" hashtag internet militants who swear they are the sole arbiters of fighting white supremacy and never backing away want to denounce the flag in favor of waving and celebrating a damn US flag like a bunch of bumblefukk redneck cacs. Because wouldn't want white folks to mistake you for those dusty others. Ole "thank God massa took me out the jungle so I can be here"-ass niccas.

This place is just bizarro world sometimes.
The problem is assume it's just on thecoli, there are people who think like this in real life and that's because they ignorant to the history of other black ppl themselves

Me and you both know better but we'll let these people who wouldn't survive 3 months on foreign soil (on both sides of the map) tell it

Last edited: