Jamaica will NOT BOW TO LGBT community

CoochieMane

#Wholesomegang
Daps
Reppin
Trinidad
Caribbean culture overall is very homophobic. And among them I doubt any other culture is more homophobic/less tolerant of gays than that of Jamaicans. And sh!t will get violent quick over there.

In Haiti homosexuals will get teased and harassed and worst case assaulted/beat up in some cases. Then they go to tribunal court only to see the judge typically dismiss the case against the assailants or let them get away with a slap on the wrist. But from what i hear in Jamaica being openly gay out and about is almost guaranteed to get you killed. As in in a casket, killed. Wont even make to to the police to file complaints.

I'd say Trinis are probably the ones who probably less homophobic among them all but even they are homophobic too by today's standards in the developed countries such as the U.S.
we might not kill people for it but the only people accepting it are Indians but that's because they do anything white people do. It's still illegal here.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Breh you dont know what you're talking about. I said sanctions, not boycotts from people taking vacations. For example, right now state and federal agencies across this country are forbidden from contracting with business that do business with iran or companies based there. Other countries in our coalition have simular sanctions in effect. The Iranian economy is taking a hit because of this. Thats an oil rich country that still has doe but even they were feeling the sanctions to point where they had to comprise on the nuclear deal. Do you think Jamaica or Uganda could take a hit like that?
So are telling me that all these companies that currently have assets in Jamaica (Sandals, Intercontinental and others) would be forced to sell their existing assets in Jamaica?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
we might not kill people for it but the only people accepting it are Indians but that's because they do anything white people do. It's still illegal here.
No need to compartmentalize, breh. Black or indian trini=trini in the eyes of outsiders just like black or white American still = American and black or mulatto Haitian still= Haitian .

Funny how some of you want to compartmentalize when it's something bad but all wanna take pride when it's something good. :stopitslime:

Either way I don't condone violence against people who aren't committing violent acts.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
So are telling me that all these companies that currently have assets in Jamaica (Sandals, Intercontinental and others) would be forced to sell their existing assets in Jamaica?

Possibly, evey trade embargo or sanction system ia different. Here are some examples from NY, NC and MD . You should also look up aparteid in South Africa to see the methods that were used agaimst them.

Iran Investment Policy

BPW Advisory 2013-1 Investment Activities in Iran

Iran Divestment Act

CoochieMane

#Wholesomegang
Daps
Reppin
Trinidad
No need to compartmentalize, breh. Black or indian trini=trini in the eyes of outsiders just like black or white American still = American and black or mulatto Haitian still= Haitian .

Funny how some of you want to compartmentalize when it's something bad but all wanna take pride when it's something good. :stopitslime:

Either way I don't condone violence against people who aren't committing violent acts.
you need to ease up with all that psychology bs, my statement was very clear

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
I personally don't have problems with gay people, but I also don't have a problem with countries banning the homosexual lifestyle either. If a country feels the homosexual life-style is not good for its populace, they have the right to exercise that moralistic stance where it concerns the well-being of their people.

But ... Does a country have that right? Never seen the constitution of Jamaica (though I got married there), so I guess they may have declared that right.

It comes down to this, IMO - you can't legislate civil rights.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I dont remember no AAs picking up guns to fight for they freedoms...y'all hapilly took it up the ass with no Vaseline for 400 years :skip:...didn't 4 black hoes cry the other day cause the white man wouldn't let them shake they ass in a club? :martin: yall crave the white man attention...AAs and c00n ass Jamaicans shouldn't even breathe the same air as Haitians...
You are ignorant, breh

There were slave rebellions in North America and many others paces throughout the Americas. Haiti's was just the one that was successful because the french got greedy and haitians had great leagership. The French and the Spanish fukked up by training their slaves to fight thier wars. They didnt anticipate this coming back to bite them in the ass.

But in a way you strike me as one of these what i call "new-age" haitians. :stopitslime:I'd go into what i mean by it but aint about to derail this thread

Hating AAs is not doing any of that.
Wat u call hating I call tough love :skip: can't solve a problem if you don't acknowledge that you have a problem...
Yeah @ejthompson23 may be on some sh!t aand talking reckless but Truth is some of you do take any criticism or mere observations made about AAs as "hate".
:yeshrug:

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

No it doesn't. An indian is an indian. My parents are from carib and call the indians there indians :mjlol:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
No it doesn't. An indian is an indian. My parents are from carib and call the indians there indians :mjlol:
White people here refer to black as black. Black people here refer to whites as whites. You step outside of america everyone calls you "American" regardless of skin color.

That is what i meant. In the eyes of international community it's not about this or that group within particular nations

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
White people here refer to black as black. Black people here refer to whites as whites. You step outside of america everyone calls you "American" regardless of skin color.

That is what i meant. In the eyes of international community it's not about this or that group within particular nations

if you see an caribbean east indian you would think they are indian not caribbean until they open their mouth, and the ones born in western countries there will be no indicator. Being black in Canada people will think you're either Caribbean or Africa. The face of the carribean is black not indian

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
if you see an caribbean east indian you would think they are indian not caribbean until they open their mouth, and the ones born in western countries there will be no indicator. Being black in Canada people will think you're either Caribbean or Africa. The face of the carribean is black not indian
Doggy you dont get it.

Hell, the face of America is white if you want to look at it that way. But all americans (black white latino) are to blame when sh!t happens in America.

Some of you like to compartmentalize sh!t when it's convenient. Like that poster said "nah it's them indians blah blah blah" yet when it's something good they all (black and indian) be beating their chests about representing said entire nation.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Yeah @ejthompson23 may be on some sh!t aand talking reckless but Truth is some of you do take any criticism or mere observations made about AAs as "hate".

Condescending remarks is not criticism.

Its just trying to feel superior over someone

Especially when coming from somebody who don't give a shyt about AAs.

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
You are ignorant, breh

There were slave rebellions in North America and many others paces throughout the Americas. Haiti's was just the one that was successful because the french got greedy and haitians had great leagership. The French and the Spanish fukked up by training their slaves to fight thier wars. They didnt anticipate this coming back to bite them in the ass.

But in a way you strike me as one of these what i call "new-age" haitians. :stopitslime:I'd go into what i mean by it but aint about to derail this thread

I highly doubt that you're qualified to speak on haitian issues....so stay in your lane playboy :ufdup: