Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
How safe is Montego Bay (off the resorts)?
Just booked a trip there. I went to Belize when the local Belizean newspapers were making it seem like a warzone and I saw none of that, hopefully the same is true of Jamaica and the murders are isolated to ppl in the mix

Family Man

Banned
Daps
How safe is Montego Bay (off the resorts)?
Just booked a trip there. I went to Belize when the local Belizean newspapers were making it seem like a warzone and I saw none of that, hopefully the same is true of Jamaica and the murders are isolated to ppl in the mix
As long as you stay on the Hip Strip area you should be fine. Just don't go anywhere with any of the locals unless it's through a reputable tour company arranged through the resort.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You listen to Sir P huh? :martin:
Sir P story Dem echo do story of growing up inna paradise next to norwood.
The prescription of staying in hip strip is so lame.
Hip strip is pretty boring after a day or 2.
Stuff happens on hip strip 2.

Going to Jamaica and only staying on the hip strip is like fukking with 3 rubbers. Sure you a get p*ssy and you safe. But really what's the point.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's another thing that's not discussed and have light shed on it enough. There's a lot of contract killings that go on. Family disputes. Business disputes. Anything.
They killed a young dude the other day in May Pen for no other reason than he opened up a funeral home and his rival put change on his head.
You can't even be a returning resident and try to be enterprising. That's the quickest way to get extorted or murdered.
My accountant and I was going to start something down there back in 2016 and had to put the breaks on it for safety concerns. I love Jamaica but not enough to become a martyr or a hastag.
There is a lot of money, smarts, experience, and human capital in the Jamaican diasapora. I don't know any Jamaican living outside of Jamaica that wouldn't rather be back there, live life, and contribute meaningfully. The culture is just so fukking trash and destructive that decent people don't want anything to do with it.

I have to move like a secret agent when I visit there. I can't even stay there more than a week because the longer you're there the more risk you're exposing yourself to. Last year when I was there I there for 8 days and stayed at three different places in three different parishes smh. Can't even let your guard down. Head constantly on a swivel and can't trust nobody.

After I tie up some loose ends I'm completely done with that place.
very sad to read stuff like this.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Authoritarianism is the only answer. :hubie:
I think a lot of this shyt is culture straight up. people worshiping gangsta imagery and money has led us down this path. Authoritarianism would be stifling. people have no moral code founded on anything anymore. just get money by any means.

Some Africans on the same path. America on the same path. I had 2 cousins shot in Nairobi last year and one was killed.

robbery always been big but with guns now it's getting ridiculous.

Black people will take epic loses if we generate multiple failed states post colonialism. Can't put that on cacs.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I give you one example of stuff I never realized was a big deal.
When I was 14 yo. My friends went to rob a bank manager house. Was a single mom. They ended up torturing her pushing hot iron hanger up her vagina before killing her and stealing her car. Picked them up on the way to Kingston.
I'll never forget that story cuz them guys came by my house in the car looking for me to come with them but I wasn't home.
I just remember my mom mentioning D came by looking for you. Which I thought was strange.

D ended up getting sentenced but I connected with him later on in kingston randomly. Just turned the corner and there he was. We chatted for a bit he was very different from the kid I knew. Was released on weekends due to political connection.
He ended up being stabbed to death in jail. A soldier friend of mine told me he got stabbed so many time he had no blood left in him.

This story came and went like nothing.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I give you one example of stuff I never realized was a big deal.
When I was 14 yo. My friends went to rob a bank manager house. Was a single mom. They ended up torturing her pushing hot iron hanger up her vagina before killing her and stealing her car. Picked them up on the way to Kingston.
I'll never forget that story cuz them guys came by my house in the car looking for me to come with them but I wasn't home.
I just remember my mom mentioning D came by looking for you. Which I thought was strange.

D ended up getting sentenced but I connected with him later on in kingston randomly. Just turned the corner and there he was. We chatted for a bit he was very different from the kid I knew. Was released on weekends due to political connection.
He ended up being stabbed to death in jail. A soldier friend of mine told me he got stabbed so many time he had no blood left in him.

This story came and went like nothing.

That’s crazy
You could have been hemmed up if you went with them that night

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love my people my ancestors my motherland however I resigned to the fact that my people have lost they damn minds down there something in the water or something no other group of people hating on one another like this.

When I’m around my Zoe friends they be tight nit mom, dad, kids, grandparents, cousins, friends all know and help one another and it’s respect to the 100% that’s what it used to be like growing up for me as a Jamaican but so many people with beef with one another don’t even be speaking anymore over petty shyt

Jamaicans don’t even be coming together no more like that we a divided people

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I think a lot of this shyt is culture straight up. people worshiping gangsta imagery and money has led us down this path. Authoritarianism would be stifling. people have no moral code founded on anything anymore. just get money by any means.

Some Africans on the same path. America on the same path. I had 2 cousins shot in Nairobi last year and one was killed.

robbery always been big but with guns now it's getting ridiculous.

Black people will take epic loses if we generate multiple failed states post colonialism. Can't put that on cacs.
It's not culture, It's the governments failure to provide protection and stability.

On a basic level, if the government can't protect people from society's most sadistic and conscienceless individuals, what good are they?

It's the US that brainwashed people to think anything not democracy is evil, but it as a lie. Governing can't always be a pretty process.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's another thing that's not discussed and have light shed on it enough. There's a lot of contract killings that go on. Family disputes. Business disputes. Anything.
They killed a young dude the other day in May Pen for no other reason than he opened up a funeral home and his rival put change on his head.
You can't even be a returning resident and try to be enterprising. That's the quickest way to get extorted or murdered.
My accountant and I was going to start something down there back in 2016 and had to put the breaks on it for safety concerns. I love Jamaica but not enough to become a martyr or a hastag.
There is a lot of money, smarts, experience, and human capital in the Jamaican diasapora. I don't know any Jamaican living outside of Jamaica that wouldn't rather be back there, live life, and contribute meaningfully. The culture is just so fukking trash and destructive that decent people don't want anything to do with it.

I have to move like a secret agent when I visit there. I can't even stay there more than a week because the longer you're there the more risk you're exposing yourself to. Last year when I was there I there for 8 days and stayed at three different places in three different parishes smh. Can't even let your guard down. Head constantly on a swivel and can't trust nobody.

After I tie up some loose ends I'm completely done with that place.

:mjcry: I love that place..