Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Have a relative working in jamaica for a few years now (he not jamaican) and he was telling me the scariest thing about jamaica now is not the gang warfare or garrison politics, which you can easily avoid by staying away from certain places and people, but contract killings.

Issues with regular people over man/woman, car, land, money etc can easily get you killed cause it's easy for regular people to hire a hitman to take you out. It don't cost alot plus there are alot of dudes who don't mind knocking someone off for some change
That's another thing that's not discussed and have light shed on it enough. There's a lot of contract killings that go on. Family disputes. Business disputes. Anything.
They killed a young dude the other day in May Pen for no other reason than he opened up a funeral home and his rival put change on his head.
You can't even be a returning resident and try to be enterprising. That's the quickest way to get extorted or murdered.
My accountant and I was going to start something down there back in 2016 and had to put the breaks on it for safety concerns. I love Jamaica but not enough to become a martyr or a hastag.
There is a lot of money, smarts, experience, and human capital in the Jamaican diasapora. I don't know any Jamaican living outside of Jamaica that wouldn't rather be back there, live life, and contribute meaningfully. The culture is just so fukking trash and destructive that decent people don't want anything to do with it.

I have to move like a secret agent when I visit there. I can't even stay there more than a week because the longer you're there the more risk you're exposing yourself to. Last year when I was there I there for 8 days and stayed at three different places in three different parishes smh. Can't even let your guard down. Head constantly on a swivel and can't trust nobody.

After I tie up some loose ends I'm completely done with that place.

Last edited:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's another thing that's not discussed and have light shed on it enough. There's a lot of contract killings that go on. Family disputes. Business disputes. Anything.
They killed a young dude the other day in May Pen for no other reason than he opened up a funeral home and his rival put change on his head.
You can't even be a returning resident and try to be enterprising. That's the quickest way to get extorted or murdered.
My accountant and I was going to start something down there back in 2016 and had to put the breaks on it for safety concerns. I love Jamaica but not enough to become a martyr or a hastag.
There is a lot of money, smarts, experience, and human capital in the Jamaican diasapora. I don't know any Jamaican living outside of Jamaica that wouldn't rather be back there, live life, and contribute meaningfully. The culture is just so fukking trash and destructive that decent people don't want anything to do with it.

I have to move like a secret agent when I visit there. I can't even stay there more than a week because the longer you're there the more risk you're exposing yourself to. Last year when I was there I there for 8 days and stayed at three different places in three different parishes smh. Can't even let your guard down. Head constantly on a swivel and can't trust nobody.

After I tie up some loose ends I'm completely done with that place.

It's a shame cause jamaica is a really beautiful place with alot of good people. The ignorant people and culture drowned them out

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
OP embellishing like crazy in here. Yes Jamaica has its problems but to paint it like people randomly getting offed all the time is a complete embellishment

:mjlol:
I know more about jamaica and have ties to prominent people across the land, my whole family on my dads side are cops and on my moms side politicians.

the former assistant commissioner of police (rip) winchroy budhoo was apart of my family
my great uncle was the Deputy Commissioner of Police until he retired
my moms cousin was the JRC Chairman (rip)

And yes people are randomly getting offed

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I know more about jamaica and have ties to prominent people across the land, my whole family on my dads side are cops and on my moms side politicians.

the former assistant commissioner of police (rip) winchroy budhoo was apart of my family
my great uncle was the Deputy Commissioner of Police until he retired
my moms cousin was the JRC Chairman (rip)

And yes people are randomly getting offed
:duck:

Hit dogs holler. I’ve seen you self hate all over this forum. You acting like everyone down there promoting violence as if it’s not one of the most religious countries in the world with people decrying that shyt all the time. And the nerve of you shouting out police as if they not e biggest criminals down there

And nikkas not getting offed randomly like that Jamaica is a small country so chances are if you involved in fukkery it comes back to bite you in the ass. Go back to crying about women

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:duck:

Hit dogs holler. I’ve seen you self hate all over this forum. You acting like everyone down there promoting violence as if it’s not one of the most religious countries in the world with people decrying that shyt all the time. And the nerve of you shouting out police as if they not e biggest criminals down there

And nikkas not getting offed randomly like that Jamaica is a small country so chances are if you involved in fukkery it comes back to bite you in the ass. Go back to crying about women

Yawn
Like this makes any difference ? Nigeria is also one of the most religious countries in the world so is brazil, somalia, syria

If you have a problem with my thread stay out :dahell:

Like I said where are your sources? I have connects all over

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Yawn
Like this makes any difference ? Nigeria is also one of the most religious countries in the world so is brazil, somalia, syria

If you have a problem with my thread stay out :dahell:

Like I said where are your sources? I have connects all over

Got the audacity to say all of this and praise Canada and the US. I’m Jamaican I don’t need sources to know what you’re saying is an embellishment. Yes there’s crime but unless you on some flexing shyt or moving like an idiot you will largely be fine. You out here making it seem like it’s a death trap being anywhere outside of a resort... which it isn’t.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Got the audacity to say all of this and praise Canada and the US. I’m Jamaican I don’t need sources to know what you’re saying is an embellishment. Yes there’s crime but unless you on some flexing shyt or moving like an idiot you will largely be fine. You out here making it seem like it’s a death trap being anywhere outside of a resort... which it isn’t.

Like I said before breh if you have a problem don't come in my thread:hubie:

Go make your own jamaica is a paradise thread :yeshrug: