Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Sorry this happened to you.

But Jamaica isn't the place to leave a house unattended. Crime is too high and if people get the sense that you are a foreigner they are going to press you extra hard. If the person was in the house, and you kicked them out and no one came in their place, they had no one to stop them from burning it down.

When I lived in Jamaica a lady used to come work at the house, when she got fired she came back and tried to burn it down. Put it out with a hose and brandished a firearm, never heard from her again.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
How safe is Montego Bay (off the resorts)?
Just booked a trip there. I went to Belize when the local Belizean newspapers were making it seem like a warzone and I saw none of that, hopefully the same is true of Jamaica and the murders are isolated to ppl in the mix

Nowhere in Jamaica is safe off the resorts, unless you have someone local with you.

Jamaica is not a war zone, but everyone begs and if you look foreign, and you say no eventually the begging becomes a robbery.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
besides the killings, yall need to discuss how jamaica is a "wicked ass nation" as the title says also because of the rampant c00ning...especially with the women. its so many in a certain age range that talk so much shyt about black americans up in new york

come on lets stop giving this a pass

the c00ning is at epidemic levels

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
I was thinking about this other day. And I think it’s genuinely possible to have a black first world nation if we used a city-state model. There are several cities in Africa that have great infrastructure and could legitimately support themselves independently of their surroundings through the service sector, banking, outsourcing-for-the-west, etc.

As it stands on the continent, most of the tax money and foreign aid is concentrated in capitals, while countryside people fend for themselves. If we abandoned the old-nation concept of keeping large tracts of land in favor of a black Singapore or black Monaco, I could see it coming together very nicely.:ehh:

It would have to be a nation created by millennials crazy enough to do it