jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
This movie was really great.

SPOILER ALERT:

I can't believe people are complaining about the ending, it was great. If you notice throughout the movie he literally takes what he wants. It starts with the wristwatch, but it progresses into more things as time goes on. I felt like this movie was a nod to corporate culture, he literally takes out the competition, makes unsavory business deals, backstabbing colleagues etc. Just being grimy to get ahead.

Of course there was satire, that shot of him with Renee with his dead friend in the background, and Renee basically appeasing him and getting borderline turned on. Maybe she too was turned on by all this fukkery.

When he was leaving the police station, the way it was shot, did that remind anyone of Usual Suspects, when Kevin Spacey was leaving the police station at the end of the movie? It did for me.

I don't think Jake is going to win an Oscar for this role though, even though he did a good job.

first thing I thought of; thought someone was coming to pick him up :heh:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Dude's in a zone right now. It's not just the quality or the consistency but even in quantity he's relentless. Like right now it feels you can't go six months without seeing Jake at the theaters killing it. According to IMDb he's got four movies (!) in post-production slated for 2015 and he's already preparing his next project with Fuqua. It's like he doesn't even leave the studio lot anymore these days. The last time an actor had a streak going like this was (yes) the Gawdling around '11-'12 when he had Drive, Crazy Stupid Love, The Ides Of March and The Place Beyond The Pines drop in the span of one year, except Jake's picks are way more focused and geared towards showing off his diversity and qualities as an actor.

this.

prince of persia was the equivalent of kobe having those airballs in the playoffs. ever since he's been focused tryin to get his rings :banderas:

the gyllenaissance :blessed:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
this.

prince of persia was the equivalent of kobe having those airballs in the playoffs. ever since he's been focused tryin to get his rings :banderas:

the gyllenaissance :blessed:

I was gonna mention Prince Of Persia as the turning point of him giving up on trying to go Hollywood big, but he did do Source Code which was also technically a blockbuster (but I'm 100% sure he did that movie to work with Bowie's son).

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I was gonna mention Prince Of Persia as the turning point of him giving up on trying to go Hollywood big, but he did do Source Code which was also technically a blockbuster (but I'm 100% sure he did that movie to work with Bowie's son).
no way breh.. not in my eyes.. that movie had a 32 million budget. that's even less than Gattaca

compared to 200 million for persia.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but are you saying Source Code isn't a good movie?

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but are you saying Source Code isn't a good movie?

You are reading it wrong. What I meant is that I figured after the the awfulness of Prince Of Persia he would probably give up starring in blockbusters altogether, but Source Code still seemed to fit that mold of a blockbuster movie (but apparently it was a lower budget production than I thought).

Thizzlam

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Jake Gyllenhaal the greatest Jew since Albert Einstein?

(serious question)

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
@TheGodling @flyry
Are we gonna count Everest as a blockbuster with its 65 millz cost?
Starring Jake, Jason Clarke, Sam Worthington,Keira Knightley, Josh Brolin, John Hawkes and Robin Wright

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@TheGodling @flyry
Are we gonna count Everest as a blockbuster with its 65 millz cost?
Starring Jake, Jason Clarke, Sam Worthington,Keira Knightley, Josh Brolin, John Hawkes and Robin Wright

I guess it might be a blockbuster but nowadays Hollywood is so out of control with their that even 65 million isn't that high a budget anymore. It's a semi-blockbuster maybe? :patrice:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:banderas:

I think this was my favorite movie of the year.

I do agree there was at least two places this film could have ended that probably would've worked better, but that doesn't detract too much from this heat. 9/10

Louis Bloom is shaping up to be the greatest dirtbag of 2014.