Daps
yeah
I dont know
I think its Jake's character in this movie
I mean from jump he's just weird, real calculated in his actions
his whole character is kind of disturbing
What if I do get people and I just dont like them :demonic:
Partner :merchant:
What if by agreeing then backing out that would leave me with no choice but to hurt you :demonic:
Partner :merchant:

Partner ::dead:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This movie was really great.

SPOILER ALERT:

I can't believe people are complaining about the ending, it was great. If you notice throughout the movie he literally takes what he wants. It starts with the wristwatch, but it progresses into more things as time goes on. I felt like this movie was a nod to corporate culture, he literally takes out the competition, makes unsavory business deals, backstabbing colleagues etc. Just being grimy to get ahead.

Of course there was satire, that shot of him with Renee with his dead friend in the background, and Renee basically appeasing him and getting borderline turned on. Maybe she too was turned on by all this fukkery.

When he was leaving the police station, the way it was shot, did that remind anyone of Usual Suspects, when Kevin Spacey was leaving the police station at the end of the movie? It did for me.

I don't think Jake is going to win an Oscar for this role though, even though he did a good job.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
he's Easily my favorite actor right now

it just comes off so easy with him

to think... this muthafukka was Bubble Boy

prince-of-persia.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This movie was really great.

SPOILER ALERT:

I can't believe people are complaining about the ending, it was great. If you notice throughout the movie he literally takes what he wants. It starts with the wristwatch, but it progresses into more things as time goes on. I felt like this movie was a nod to corporate culture, he literally takes out the competition, makes unsavory business deals, backstabbing colleagues etc. Just being grimy to get ahead.

Of course there was satire, that shot of him with Renee with his dead friend in the background, and Renee basically appeasing him and getting borderline turned on. Maybe she too was turned on by all this fukkery.

When he was leaving the police station, the way it was shot, did that remind anyone of Usual Suspects, when Kevin Spacey was leaving the police station at the end of the movie? It did for me.

I don't think Jake is going to win an Oscar for this role though, even though he did a good job.
that whole scene fukked me up
I was like, "this bytch just as bananas as he is.":dwillhuh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
he's Easily my favorite actor right now

it just comes off so easy with him

to think... this muthafukka was Bubble Boy

Dude's in a zone right now. It's not just the quality or the consistency but even in quantity he's relentless. Like right now it feels you can't go six months without seeing Jake at the theaters killing it. According to IMDb he's got four movies (!) in post-production slated for 2015 and he's already preparing his next project with Fuqua. It's like he doesn't even leave the studio lot anymore these days. The last time an actor had a streak going like this was (yes) the Gawdling around '11-'12 when he had Drive, Crazy Stupid Love, The Ides Of March and The Place Beyond The Pines drop in the span of one year, except Jake's picks are way more focused and geared towards showing off his diversity and qualities as an actor.