Jake Gyllenhaal -"Nightcrawler" ..:whew:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Saw this last friday. Movie was dope as hell. The life of a true scumbag, Jake need to get an award for that performance, real talk.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Don't know if this has been mentioned...

I found Jake's role as a sociopath great. It was as though he never saw the people he interacted with as people , but chess pieces or even skins from games like Sim City that are just "supposed" to respond/react a certain way he expected them to when presented with a situation. He couldn't relate to normal human idiosyncrasies in all of his interactions. What sealed it for me was when he admitted to simply not liking people.

That mirror shatter scene was like him dealing with some dissonance related to failing to get the drop on that fire for the news segment..things just didn't happen as they were "supposed to".

Great movie..would watch again.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Great movie ruined by the ending. What a pile of sh*t. Not trying to detract from Jake Pyffinhalls performance, it was great. But that ending was god-awful.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Why everyone complaing about the ending? I didn't have a problem with it

Yeah he set out what he wanted to accomplish and started a business the fact that he was able to do that and get off scott free hits home pretty strong the industry he is now a part of is the type that breeds and rewards these types of people.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah he set out what he wanted to accomplish and started a business the fact that he was able to do that and get off scott free hits home pretty strong the industry he is now a part of is the type that breeds and rewards these types of people.
Exactly, nikkas in this thread wanted a terminator + fast and furious ending or some shyt.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Exactly, nikkas in this thread wanted a terminator + fast and furious ending or some shyt.

No, we did not. My biggest problem with the ending comes from the fact there's no conflict for Lou. He pretty much breezes through everything except for one or two moments and even those aren't that serious. The movie keeps building up to him getting wrangled by the risks he's forced to take, then lets him off without a hitch. Like @StraxStrax said, it could've been more ambiguous in whether he would be able to get away with it all unscathed or not.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
yeah the ending was pretty anti climatic ... im all for the him getting away route but i feel like theres a final act missing before the ending :leostare:but it still felt pretty long regardless tho