Jake Gyllenhaal -"Nightcrawler" ..:whew:

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
Agreed with everyone it was great performance by Jake. He was so good it was almost uncomfortable watching the movie. But disagree with most of you about the overall story. Didn't really like it that much. Seemed predictable all the way through and the end was wack.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I thought it was a really really good movie and it was kinda frustrating because in there is a movie I'd put in my top 10 all time if it was edited in a different manner.
Manly it was the ending. When Lou is going to the TV station for the last time and while walking to meet Rene Russo he meets the news anchors and they say hello and have some back and forth with Lou ending with "I know it's a friday(?) because you are wearing the golden tie" and opens a white door and shuts it behind him.

For me that would've been a perfect ending. Lou getting his foot in the door with the higher ups and completing his story arc and we would have to fill in the future blanks like the police investigation.

Another good ending would've when he's alone in the interrogation room after the cop leaves and looks in the security camera, kinda smiles and breaking the forth wall a little.

It's also 1-2 great scenes from making Louis Bloom a HOF movie character. I'd love to see the deleted scenes from this and the script.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I thought it was a really really good movie and it was kinda frustrating because in there is a movie I'd put in my top 10 all time if it was edited in a different manner.
Manly it was the ending. When Lou is going to the TV station for the last time and while walking to meet Rene Russo he meets the news anchors and they say hello and have some back and forth with Lou ending with "I know it's a friday(?) because you are wearing the golden tie" and opens a white door and shuts it behind him.

For me that would've been a perfect ending. Lou getting his foot in the door with the higher ups and completing his story arc and we would have to fill in the future blanks like the police investigation.

Another good ending would've when he's alone in the interrogation room after the cop leaves and looks in the security camera, kinda smiles and breaking the forth wall a little.

It's also 1-2 great scenes from making Louis Bloom a HOF movie character. I'd love to see the deleted scenes from this and the script.
That's a much more abrupt ending than we got breh, absolutely horrible. There is no imaging of anything the ending as he walked to russo should've played out similarly to Charlie sheen in wallstreet the audience needed to see him get some comeuppance or a moment of panic that everything he worked for was going to be lost. I do agree with your last paragraph though

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
That's a much more abrupt ending than we got breh, absolutely horrible. There is no imaging of anything the ending as he walked to russo should've played out similarly to Charlie sheen in wallstreet the audience needed to see him get some comeuppance or a moment of panic that everything he worked for was going to be lost. I do agree with your last paragraph though

I thought the ending wasn't abrupt, having that final scene was them stretching. A movie like this needs, imo, ending that leaves the people guessing about the future of the character. It could go well or bad, depending on how you understand the last scene and the character.

Did you agree with my last last paragraph in the spoilers or the last paragraph overall.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I thought the ending wasn't abrupt, having that final scene was them stretching. A movie like this needs, imo, ending that leaves the people guessing about the future of the character. It could go well or bad, depending on how you understand the last scene and the character.
The movie just hit another gear and just like that nothing, a speech in front of his new apprentices and a wide shot of the company vehicles dispersing. When 99% of criticism about the movie is solely about the ending there is something to that
Did you agree with my last last paragraph in the spoilers or the last paragraph overall.
See the first sentence in #144

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Just got back from this a short while ago. Gyllenhaal's facial expressions - especially his fukking loony eyes - was wild

Definitely worth watching

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I've been slacking. I've got to see a bunch of movies, but this is on the top.

I need to see:

Nightcrawler
John Wick
Interstellar
Gone Girl
Fury

Probably gonna see Nightcrawler then John Wick early Sunday back to back if the time allows it. Can't fukking wait.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Meh, wasn't feelin it like that especially the ending. I'm not some movie weirdo buff and I love Jake, pause but I duno movie wasn't all that to me. I duno felt like a drive/american psycho/ 10 other movies combined into a b movie. Anyone else feel like Jake was kind of tryin to be like Christian Bale from American Psycho?

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
Saw this movie last night. Great movie. Jake Gyllenhaal killed this role. The suspense was real. I felt like the ending left me hanging a little bit in regards to the police detective fishing for information.