Jade Cargill On Trick Daddy's Cooking Show, Says She Wants To See More Black Fans In The AEW Audience

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Jade is the bomb.

The most dominant champion in the company's history and one of the few people actually booked well by Tony Khan. :ehh:

They just need to find a male equivalent to her.

Problem is, a credible Black athlete guy like say a Bobby Lashley is more likely to be a WWE guy & Tony likes the more indy-rific flippy cornballs that have been dominant in New Japan or somewhere else first. :francis:

She’s booked awfully. She just doesn’t lose.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Jade is the bomb.

The most dominant champion in the company's history and one of the few people actually booked well by Tony Khan. :ehh:

They just need to find a male equivalent to her.

Problem is, a credible Black athlete guy like say a Bobby Lashley is more likely to be a WWE guy & Tony likes the more indy-rific flippy cornballs that have been dominant in New Japan or somewhere else first. :francis:
Booked well? :skip:
She has a title that was basically just keeps her busy, her feuds aren't notable and she squashes anyone who challenges her into literally not mattering.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
What if the caveman beats Wardlow in a cage match for the TNT title :jbhmm:

Ozs.gif

Thats it...that's the gif :wow:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Dante Martin should be pushed hard. He is better than Sammy Guevara at pretty much everything.

Ricky Starks is the guy AEW should be pushing to the top.

Keith Lee can be in the AEW World Title scene right now.

Hobbs and Swerve can both be good as a face or heel.

Honestly The Firm shouldn't even exist. Stokely should be managing Powerhouse Hobbs right now.

Jay Lethal should be either ROH World Champ or in the AEW World or TNT title scene.
I don't disagree with any of this (other than maybe The Firm thing because it's too early to tell if it will prove to be a complete waste of time), hence why I said I could see Starks, Hobbs, Lee, or Swerve winning it within the next 2 years. They are good enough now, they just need to go on a bit of a singles run before they should win the the title.

And yes I do agree Dante Martin should be pushed harder, just don't think he is an AEW world title caliber wrestler, right now. When you look at that roster, you could easily pick at least two dozen wrestlers who have a better claim for the AEW title right now than Dante Martin does.

If he was in the pre-TK Ring of Honor, he'd be knocking on the door for main event status and on the radar of every major wrestling company in the world. So it's fine that he is not AEW world title contender now. Guy is only 21, he is WAY ahead of the curve for someone that age. Most of these guys in both companies haven't even started wrestling by that age, this guy is already a must watch talent. Don't know if he'll ever be booked to win the AEW title, but his time to shine will come.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is a good look! Jade is one of the few stars in her company who can be featured outside of the usual wrestling podcast circuit. She's the real deal.
Also, S/O to Jade for mentioning her (Black) man when Trick Daddy lowkey tried to add her to the #EatABootyGang roster. She's ride or die. :salute:

Yeah, she kept it REAL real.:ehh:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I don't disagree with any of this (other than maybe The Firm thing because it's too early to tell if it will prove to be a complete waste of time), hence why I said I could see Starks, Hobbs, Lee, or Swerve winning it within the next 2 years. They are good enough now, they just need to go on a bit of a singles run before they should win the the title.

And yes I do agree Dante Martin should be pushed harder, just don't think he is an AEW world title caliber wrestler, right now. When you look at that roster, you could easily pick at least two dozen wrestlers who have a better claim for the AEW title right now than Dante Martin does.

If he was in the pre-TK Ring of Honor, he'd be knocking on the door for main event status and on the radar of every major wrestling company in the world. So it's fine that he is not AEW world title contender now. Guy is only 21, he is WAY ahead of the curve for someone that age. Most of these guys in both companies haven't even started wrestling by that age, this guy is already a must watch talent. Don't know if he'll ever be booked to win the AEW title, but his time to shine will come.

Tony needs to trim the AEW roster down. The roster is bloated and with him trying to showcase ROH to Discovery, his shows have become a mess.

AEW has talent to compete, but the booking is too inconsistent and its obvious Tony needs help booking the shows.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Tony needs to trim the AEW roster down. The roster is bloated and with him trying to showcase ROH to Discovery, his shows have become a mess.

AEW has talent to compete, but the booking is too inconsistent and its obvious Tony needs help booking the shows.
The main roster (Dynamite and Rampage performers) needs to be trimmed to an absolute max of 60 grapplers, at least for the men. You can still have a one-hour YouTube show for the lower and midcard guys like how WWE does with Main Event, but they need to be legit matches against each other instead of nearly all squash matches as it presently is.

Everyone else needs to be sent down to ROH, cut/not renewed, or shifted to some other role like manager, coach, commentator, or soemthing else backstage. Not ROH on AEW, but a separate ROH show.

If you want to have one of your big ROH stars show up occasionally on a main roster show to get some eyeballs on them before calling them up then that would be good. But we don't need to be having ROH as a constant presence on Dynamite and Rampage.

And yeah they need someone with some long term creative vision that knows wrestling. I don't want them to do like WWE was doing and hiring writers from the TV industry that didn't know wrestling.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
We still talking about black champions when Aew has more then WWe currently...and Charlotte is about to take out Bianca :mjlol:
What does the amount of black champions the WWE has have to do with black wrestlers not getting a strong enough look in AEW? Is your position AEW doesn’t need to push black wrestlers because they have more black champs than WWE?

As far as seeing more black fans in AEW that’s not going to happen. Or I can’t really imagine what AEW could do differently that would cause it to happen. You put a title on Hobbes but the show still prominently features Orange Cassidy, Adam Page and the Young Bucks… I don’t think the demographics are changing. Signing Lil Scrappy and Stevie J would be a step in the right direction tho. :youngsabo:

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
What does the amount of black champions the WWE has have to do with black wrestlers not getting a strong enough look in AEW? Is your position AEW doesn’t need to push black wrestlers because they have more black champs than WWE?

As far as seeing more black fans in AEW that’s not going to happen. Or I can’t really imagine what AEW could do differently that would cause it to happen. You put a title on Hobbes but the show still prominently features Orange Cassidy, Adam Page and the Young Bucks… I don’t think the demographics are changing. Signing Lil Scrappy and Stevie J would be a step in the right direction tho. :youngsabo:
But Katie the world tag champs are the biggest thing going right now. Even Dx was scared of the chant Monday