jay83

Superstar
Daps
How about the fact that she's out here sleeping with her sons friends? :mjtf:

That's what really turned folks against her. If she was just cheating, folks would have said something. Men would have.

Women turned on her because of who she was cheating WITH.

A mentally ill dude that was friends with her son.

It's been downhill for her since.

Y'all forget, there was rumors of her and Will swinging since like 2006. That's when I first heard it.

Nobody cared about them sleeping with other people.

Not until we found out who she was sleeping with.

She's since made it 1000 times worse.

Not to mention the red table talk she was wagging her finger at quite a few people and putting her relationship details for everyone to hear.

Made snoop dog apologize lol.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
i would have to fade the entire internet after that book and this :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
received_869392914546829.jpg

shyt I almost fell out of my office chair I leaned back laughing so hard

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s because she’s a (black) woman. Society doesn’t react this way when a man is caught stepping out. Now, all her antics afterward make her look crazy. If she kept her mouth shut and didn’t do all this Tupac foolishness we would’ve moved on.
There are a lot of areas where a black woman doesnt get a fair shake...no doubt. However this is one of the instances where being a woman actually benefitted her.

If one of Willows friends says her and Will fukked and Will confirms it to Jada in front of the world and she looks heartbroken, you think that goes over well? If Will is filming Jada against her consent and wont stop and she is clearly upset, you think that goes over well? Imagine Will talking about Left Eye like she talks about Pac. If Jada slap a bytch ovet her "husband" does she get the same blowback? Last but not least if Will does all this shyt to Jada are we calling her womanhood into question?

We see chicks stay with shytty or percieved as shytty or not good enough dudes all the time and people stay tripping about it (see Houston, Whitney).

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Why is she putting that shyt out there? Why are we ignoring the countless interviews and the whole book about her life from her about this shyt? Why are we ignoring the whole show she has with much of it connected to her personal life? Why are we acting like she is asking for privacy when she has done little to show this? Most people have no problem ignoring someone when they aren't drawing attention to themselves. :heh:

And Jada is a terrible actress. :mjlol:

No it's not. You quite literally explained what people are truly taking offense to while acting as if the real reason is because they hate black women. The entire gestalt of Jada is someone who is in shyt but refuses to shut up about their shyt and thinks they are correct in their bullshyt when they are far from it. A man would be compared to a fukking cult leader if they acted like this and people would be roasting the fukker all over the place. Hugh Grant, a whole white guy, did a tenth of this bullshyt and got dragged when that scandal dropped.

Her performance in Collateral is the one I think of the most, and of being the best. I love that performance and movie.

anyway, with respect, she's a celebrity and she's on a book tour. But, I am not saying "she doesn't want attention", I am saying is it even healthy for US or for people to be so angry and outraged at her? When it amounts to little more than a non traditional marriage, some salacious gossip, among celebrities. Which is probably way more common than we realize.

And the Hugh Grant thing, sure, but again, is that what we should want is "dragging" people for relatively minor offenses? Is the dragging really about enforcing social norms? In Hugh Grant's case, a lot of that was probably racially based, (whether it was true or not, what I remember was a black prostittue picked up in downtown LA) and about sex, and what's considered tabboo.

I think that's the false choice, either HER side or the other side.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
How about the fact that she's out here sleeping with her sons friends? :mjtf:

That's what really turned folks against her. If she was just cheating, folks would have said something. Men would have.

Women turned on her because of who she was cheating WITH.

A mentally ill dude that was friends with her son.

It's been downhill for her since.

Y'all forget, there was rumors of her and Will swinging since like 2006. That's when I first heard it.

Nobody cared about them sleeping with other people.

Not until we found out who she was sleeping with.

She's since made it 1000 times worse.
And with how she's going about it. If a breh stepped out and then made his chick sit at the Blue Table Talk while she looked zoned out with tears in her eyes he would catch heat instead of the public making "entanglement" a funny little buzz word. Black women cheat, black men cheat, but this is a Jada thing. She's just too messy and lacks tact. Especially for a woman of her age and station in life.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
There are a lot of areas where a black woman doesnt get a fair shake...no doubt. However this is one of the instances where being a woman actually benefitted her.

If one of Willows friends says her and Will fukked and Will confirms it to Jada in front of the world and she looks heartbroken, you think that goes over well? If Will is filming Jada against her consent and wont stop and she is clearly upset, you think that goes over well? Imagine Will talking about Left Eye like she talks about Pac. If Jada slap a bytch ovet her "husband" does she get the same blowback? Last but not least if Will does all this shyt to Jada are we calling her womanhood into question?

We see chicks stay with shytty or percieved as shytty or not good enough dudes all the time and people stay tripping about it (see Houston, Whitney).

Unfortunately some women internalize everything they see happening with other women and it’s hard to have any type of real logical conversation with them. But you nailed it.

Will would be called a creep if he slept with willows friend who was already in a bad place mentally.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Her performance in Collateral is the one I think of the most, and of being the best. I love that performance and movie.

anyway, with respect, she's a celebrity and she's on a book tour. But, I am not saying "she doesn't want attention", I am saying is it even healthy for US or for people to be so angry and outraged at her? When it amounts to little more than a non traditional marriage, some salacious gossip, among celebrities. Which is probably way more common than we realize.

And the Hugh Grant thing, sure, but again, is that what we should want is "dragging" people for relatively minor offenses? Is the dragging really about enforcing social norms? In Hugh Grant's case, a lot of that was probably racially based, (whether it was true or not, what I remember was a black prostittue picked up in downtown LA) and about sex, and what's considered tabboo.

I think that's the false choice, either HER side or the other side.
People are outraged by weird or abnormal shyt, regardless of the source, so that is not abnormal in itself. In this case, this is no different. Even more, she is proud of all the shyt she is putting out there. In regards to other celebs, those celebs are often apologetic or the news is treated as something embarrassing on their part, not something put out there by that very celeb willingly. It would be one thing if there was nothing to be outraged or blown away about but all this is pretty outrageous. The simple fact is that she is someone constantly steeped in bullshyt. That will draw people's attention and with that, opinions.

And the Hugh Grant thing was not a minor offense. Cheating on a relationship is no a minor offense. That's how sexually transmitted diseases get spread. People are outraged by cheating regardless of race, as seen with the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie situation.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
People are outraged by weird or abnormal shyt, regardless of the source, so that is not abnormal in itself. In this case, this is no different. Even more, she is proud of all the shyt she is putting out there. In regards to other celebs, those celebs are often apologetic or the news is treated as something embarrassing on their part, not something put out there by that very celeb willingly. It would be one thing if there was nothing to be outraged or blown away about but all this is pretty outrageous. The simple fact is that she is someone constantly steeped in bullshyt. That will draw people's attention and with that, opinions.

And the Hugh Grant thing was not a minor offense. Cheating on a relationship is no a minor offense. That's how sexually transmitted diseases get spread. People are outraged by cheating regardless of race, as seen with the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie situation.

appreciate the convo, and not personal attacks, I think you hit a really interesting, and probably divergent point ( for me), and the bolded, why? and what I would answer is again, they project their own values unto people who aren't them.

I truly don't care who Jada or Will sleep with, or what the arrangement is or was. I am sometimes interested, but it would never become me to dictate someone like that's behavior.

so, if this is really about enforcing norms (outraged by weird or abnormal shyt) then who benefits, whose mandates are being lobbied for?

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
appreciate the convo, and not personal attacks, I think you hit a really interesting, and probably divergent point ( for me), and the bolded, why? and what I would answer is again, they project their own values unto people who aren't them.

I truly don't care who Jada or Will sleep with, or what the arrangement is or was. I am sometimes interested, but it would never become me to dictate someone like that's behavior.

so, if this is really about enforcing norms (outraged by weird or abnormal shyt) then who benefits, whose mandates are being lobbied for?
It's not projection when she's telling everyone. Even more, it is odd when you pick and choose what aspect of a set of values you partake in (like getting married but then doing all sort of things that make that marriage pointless - people would not be out of line to ask why and be outraged at the actions taken). Even more, by that logic, all sort of things would be permissible that honestly shouldn't be. By that logic, cheating in itself is not wrong, when not only is it wrong (a betrayal), it can spread diseases to unsuspecting people. One may want to add caveats but by doing so, the question then is asked as to why partake in that issue in the first place? What is the benefit? Is one trying to seek a benefit? There is nothing wrong with people agreeing to a basic set of ideas as to what is right and what is wrong. When you start to deviate from that, veering into some egoist on steroids/nearing hedonistic mindset, does logic have meaning then? Does it exist anymore? That's the problem.