Jackie Chan to get Lifetime Achievement Oscar

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
When "Rumble in the Bronx" and "Police Story Series/Super Cop" was dubbed and hit America:

hqdefault.jpg

51ZZ84AWQXL.jpg

:banderas: The Fights and Stunts were Godly

:scust:fukking trash dubbing and edits. .america fukked up these movies.

The original chinese and even international versions are way better

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Jet li is good, I was a stan in the 90's but his stock dropped. .his best for me was fist of legend, when I first saw it ie the chinese print in the cinema with li and yuen woo ping in attendance. .blew the place up!!!

JC late 70's to argubaly early 90's puts him number 1..insanity!

But sammo hung kam-bo is my man!! Made and waa responsible for classics!

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Deserves it. A lifetime achievement award is one of the highest honors in any entertainment field you could get.

That award is > single movie/album awards. Only meant for cats who have done their thing and stayed relevant for nearly their whole career, and still going.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:scust:fukking trash dubbing and edits. .america fukked up these movies.

The original chinese and even international versions are way better

Most if not all "Dubbed" or "Conversions" don't live up to the original. This is why I watch foreign films in subtitles because I don't want Americanize edits. With that said, it was a situation were back in the 90's VHS Jackie Chan bootlegs weren't that easy to find for a teenager so when it finally hit the US that was all we had. I've seen the original versions of the films.

Jet li is good, I was a stan in the 90's but his stock dropped. .his best for me was fist of legend, when I first saw it ie the chinese print in the cinema with li and yuen woo ping in attendance. .blew the place up!!!

JC late 70's to argubaly early 90's puts him number 1..insanity!

But sammo hung kam-bo is my man!! Made and waa responsible for classics!

Yes I think his post 90's career was hit or miss but he still dropped heat. "Hero" was Legendary though. "Kiss of Dragon" was dope too.

Last edited: