Jackie Chan to get Lifetime Achievement Oscar

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
When "Rumble in the Bronx" and "Police Story Series/Super Cop" was dubbed and hit America:

RumbleInTheBronx.jpg

51ZZ84AWQXL.jpg

:banderas: The Fights and Stunts were Godly

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Jet Li himself would smack you for this statement
im talking straight kung fu flicks breh...jackie doesnt have any good fights in his US flicks. are we forgetting about unleashed from jet too? which he acting his ass off in and had dope fights? niccas like rush hour a lil too much i swear.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
he's a GOAT but i only like 4 jackie chan movies tbh.....jet is DAT DUDE but jackie came first and was a bigger success in the US with his brand of wacky kung fu so he gets all the accomplishments. Jackie has no US movie on the level of kiss of the dragon tho :manny:

I disagree. Jet always been kind of after Jackie or at the most right there neck and neck. Jet doesn't have american success with something like Rush Hour series. And on top of all that Jackie is like a parkour pioneer. That's the thing people, Jackie really was on some whole different shyt than Jet. Jet was always like a straight up traditional kung fu movie dude. Jackie could do the kung fu shyt, but have more compelling fights and facial expressions and shyt. And Kiss of the Dragon is vs Rush Hour...I'm saying this without box office numbers, but :whoa:. Rush Hour is a classic. To use and analogy, Bruce is like Hogan...he's like the stereotypical guy that everybody knows and sort of imitates. He's the guy that corny people start screaming like. Jackie is like Flair, he's the dude that has been relevant for decades and he's just as big within the genre and has some crossover into straight up action movies. Jet would be like HBK or somebody. He kind of came after the two super huge names, he's mentioned with them but never like above them.

But salute to Jackie Chan. I'm a big martial arts movie fan and I love this. Dude is a parkour pioneer in my eyes. :salute:

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
I disagree. Jet always been kind of after Jackie or at the most right there neck and neck. Jet doesn't have american success with something like Rush Hour series. And on top of all that Jackie is like a parkour pioneer. That's the thing people, Jackie really was on some whole different shyt than Jet. Jet was always like a straight up traditional kung fu movie dude. Jackie could do the kung fu shyt, but have more compelling fights and facial expressions and shyt. And Kiss of the Dragon is vs Rush Hour...I'm saying this without box office numbers, but :whoa:. Rush Hour is a classic. To use and analogy, Bruce is like Hogan...he's like the stereotypical guy that everybody knows and sort of imitates. He's the guy that corny people start screaming like. Jackie is like Flair, he's the dude that has been relevant for decades and he's just as big within the genre and has some crossover into straight up action movies. Jet would be like HBK or somebody. He kind of came after the two super huge names, he's mentioned with them but never like above them.

But salute to Jackie Chan. I'm a big martial arts movie fan and I love this. Dude is a parkour pioneer in my eyes. :salute:
and i disagree from a kung fu aspect. Jackie's brand of silly fu (thats what i call it) cant compare to the likes of jet imo.....american movies wise jet has unleashed and kiss of the dragon under his belt as two dope martial arts flicks. Jackie has the two rush hour movies and those barely had any real fights in them and was mostly good because of chemistry with him and tucker. When it comes to asian cinema im in the minority with that as well because i've always liked jet's movies over jackie's. I only like 4, maybe 5 asian jackie flicks tbh (police story 2 & 3, drunken master 2, new police story, and rumble in the bronx) meanwhile jet got born to defense, once upon a time in china series, fist of legend, legend of the dragon, twin warriors, black mask, my father is a hero, the legend, swordsman II, hitman, fearless and the defender.....i respect jackie and his work ethic with the stunts and stuff but when it came down to the movies i can hardly finish most of them

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
and i disagree from a kung fu aspect. Jackie's brand of silly fu (thats what i call it) cant compare to the likes of jet imo.....american movies wise jet has unleashed and kiss of the dragon under his belt as two dope martial arts flicks. Jackie has the two rush hour movies and those barely had any real fights in them and was mostly good because of chemistry with him and tucker. When it comes to asian cinema im in the minority with that as well because i've always liked jet's movies over jackie's. I only like 4, maybe 5 asian jackie flicks tbh (police story 2 & 3, drunken master 2, new police story, and rumble in the bronx) meanwhile jet got born to defense, once upon a time in china series, fist of legend, legend of the dragon, twin warriors, black mask, my father is a hero, the legend, swordsman II, hitman, fearless and the defender.....i respect jackie and his work ethic with the stunts and stuff but when it came down to the movies i can hardly finish most of them
I think we agree that Jet has always been more of a straight up Kung Fu movie guy for the most part. I fukks with Jet heavily, but I just don't think he has the range Jackie has. You have to think about all them Operation Condor/Police Story era movies Jackie was in that were like huge big budget action movies. Jackie has shyt like around the World in 80 Days , Shanghai Noon/Knights. I fux with some of Jet stuff but I'm the opposite when it comes to some of his movies they are almost cartoony with the wire-fu. Like black mask and Tai Chi master. Truth be told I prefer Donnie Yen over Jet as far as straight up martial arts shyt. Them Ip Man fast punches :wow:. Jet good and has a good resume I just don't think he's going to stack up outside of straight up martial arts movies compared to Jackie. Jet has some classics though.

Respect to your martial arts movie knowledge though.

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
I think we agree that Jet has always been more of a straight up Kung Fu movie guy for the most part. I fukks with Jet heavily, but I just don't think he has the range Jackie has. You have to think about all them Operation Condor/Police Story era movies Jackie was in that were like huge big budget action movies. Jackie has shyt like around the World in 80 Days , Shanghai Noon/Knights. I fux with some of Jet stuff but I'm the opposite when it comes to some of his movies they are almost cartoony with the wire-fu. Like black mask and Tai Chi master. Truth be told I prefer Donnie Yen over Jet as far as straight up martial arts shyt. Them Ip Man fast punches :wow:. Jet good and has a good resume I just don't think he's going to stack up outside of straight up martial arts movies compared to Jackie. Jet has some classics though.

Respect to your martial arts movie knowledge though.
i hate wire fu myself but the couple i do like are jet's.....i just can nvr sit thru a full jackie movie most of the time besides the flicks i mentioned. Plus i just hate the way he goes about fighting. If he didnt do so much backing up and avoidance in his fight scenes i might fukk with it more but i just cant get down with a dude constantly hopping backwards and using props and shyt. I agree with donnie but his best movies came during a era where kung fu was a lot cleaner so he kind of has a cheat code. Donnie doesnt have any classics in those two's era and iron monkey wasnt really his movie. All donnie dope flicks are in the 2000s for the most part besides tiger cage plus he always had sammo hung on his side who is an underrated GOAT in his own right