Jack Harlow- 'Come Home The Kids Miss You' (Album Discussion Thread)

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I am actually shocked the internet turned on Jack this quick. The album def isn't crazy impressive but I'm seeing big Jack fans switching up and I am curious what the hell they were listening to before this album dropped? This has pretty much been his exact style ever since the major label pushed him; the formula didn't change at all with this project.
Because they never had to actually sit and listen to a hour of his music straight until now. Then you realize you literally listened to nothing that gave you any kind of emotion or reaction. No interesting/quotable bar. No catchy phrase. Not even a catchy hook.

PatvFoo

Superstar
Daps
If Drake wasn’t allowed to say the N-word, this is what you would get . And it’s still a Kidz Bop version.

I like Jacks personality but this ain’t it, doesn’t sound inspired at all.

3.5/10

Last edited:

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
Jack Harlow is like the “cool” version of Logic but way less talented at the art of rapping than him.

Album is boring as hell but it’s nowhere near the worst rap i’ve heard in 2021.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Prolly 1 of the worse manufactured fake hits I ever heard. Take out that pop catchy hook and actually listen to the lyrics of the verse. They r doo doo. He sayin nuthin, lines don't even relate to each other off best then in beat then off. Rite b4 it drops off a cliff they push da hook back in.

It's sad to see dis wha gettin pushed n has become of hip hop. They killed dis shyt jus like real rock n roll fo real.

I fukk with the Spotify Global Top 50 and whatever Apple's equivalent is occasionally to just see what's poppin out there in the world and what's new. (the apple one is too skewed to American listeners)

Couldn't believe this was the number one song :francis:. Sounds like I've heard this shyt 10000000000x before.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA

I'll never understand nikkas boasting about going to the Kentucky Derby. Rich white people dressing like Plantation Owners and doing their best Dixie Antebellum impressions. Sipping on an official drink likely invented by a slave but claimed by the slave owner.

Never mind the fact that black people dominated the sport until they were all pushed out and forced to go to Europe by racist unions.

But who care! We got a floor suite Bro! :mjgrin:

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
I listened to just under half of the album, wasn't impressed and wasn't disappointed it was just blah :yeshrug: i did like the id do anything to make you smile but i get weary with [recognizable] sample heavy albums...

I might give it a proper listen when the hype has died down:hubie:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Because they never had to actually sit and listen to a hour of his music straight until now. Then you realize you literally listened to nothing that gave you any kind of emotion or reaction. No interesting/quotable bar. No catchy phrase. Not even a catchy hook.
I’m from Louisville and this is exactly how I feel about him. He’s not impressive at all, what is impressive is that he even made it this big. Bryson Tiller was supposed to be that guy and he ended up fumbling the bag. If he wasn’t white no one would know his name. I don’t hate him or think he’s bad, I just think there isn’t anything remarkable enough to justify his success.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m from Louisville and this is exactly how I feel about him. He’s not impressive at all, what is impressive is that he even made it this big. Bryson Tiller was supposed to be that guy and he ended up fumbling the bag. If he wasn’t white no one would know his name. I don’t hate him or think he’s bad, I just think there isn’t anything remarkable enough to justify his success.

Nothing impressive about white privilege