Ja Morant Is Back To His Old Ways; Caught With Another Gun On IG Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
this is a slippery slope that can end in a farce, and you probably know why

lets take to it to absurdity and show how "if he didnt break any [written] rules he shoudlnt be suspended" is a fallacious statement

nowhere in rulebook does it say you can't piss on peoples graves, or, for example, worship hitler

yet we know whats going to happen if a NBA player pisses on graves of mass shooting victims on stream or praises hitler profusely via social media

you cant be a strict interpreter of the rules and say that whatever isnt explicit in the rules means you cant be suspended and/or fired for the action
I get that, and I get that Ja is dumb as fukk. But what exaclty is he doing that makes the nba or the team look bad and why should he be suspended or fired for it ? He just another gun loving American . Is it because of the rap music ? For me, I guess I would just be more comfortable if they said “ We don’t want you holding a gun while listening to rap music because we think it promotes violence “. But they won’t say that because they know the blowback they will get from that.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
You're not wrong for saying that there should be consequences for acting stupid, regardless of the situation, but it's way too easy for someone to make the logic leap and try to say Ja being a dumbass who romanticizes gang culture and someone being actively racist are the same.

Both are cases of people being absolutely absolute fukking idiots who need to see some consequences in their lives, but someone out here on that racist shyt can be more harmful than Ja Morant trying to live out the last verse he heard, or something.
if this was a one off for morant, that didnt include him affecting others, id agree with you. but his actions have affected others, he isnt just sitting in his room flashing guns. hes flashing them at pacers personnel, hes attacking teenagers and threatning workers at other establishments.

those things are worse than words from some video a racist cac decided to record

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I absolutely know if he was white having a gun would not be a big deal to the general public

Hell most posters would say he invited to the cook out

Word to Tyler Herro
Lol.
Having a gun is not the problem.

Dancing and brandishing it on camera like you’re a drill rapper is.

You keep on saying “having a gun” like you’re his lawyer.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I get that, and I get that Ja is dumb as fukk. But what exaclty is he doing that makes the nba or the team look bad and why should he be suspended or fired for it ? He just another gun loving American . Is it because of the rap music ? For me, I guess I would just be more comfortable if they said “ We don’t want you holding a gun while listening to rap music because we think it promotes violence “. But they won’t say that because they know the blowback they will get from that.
Bruh… dude is getting paid over 250 MILLION for the next 5 years as his SALARY.

The people who are paying him, run a business and are investing in him to continue to help grow that business. He represents them in exchange for money.

Him flashing guns in multiple videos is a risk to Ja and to that business. If Ja gets shot, whether by accident or targeted because of his actions, or sent to jail for something that puts Ja and that business risk in jeopardy.

Bottom line, these teams, these people, and these businesses aren’t going to invest in someone who is a risk to their product. Dude is putting everything he’s ever worked for in jeopardy because of his own actions.

Would you pay someone 250million to be on your team and play for your fans if you couldn’t trust him to stop playing with guns ONLINE.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
You're not wrong for saying that there should be consequences for acting stupid, regardless of the situation, but it's way too easy for someone to make the logic leap and try to say Ja being a dumbass who romanticizes gang culture and someone being actively racist are the same.

Both are cases of people being absolutely absolute fukking idiots who need to see some consequences in their lives, but someone out here on that racist shyt can be more harmful than Ja Morant trying to live out the last verse he heard, or something.
walk around any major city and look at crime stats...
...they tell a different story.

especially when you have black kids looking up to him.

whats a random white boy yelling the N word going to affect?

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know what’s in the rule book re: flashing guns. Big difference between what the NBA can do and what advertisers and sponsors will do. So we’ll see what the consequences of this are.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
You know those ads that the players have on their jerseys or the commercials that run or the sponsors on all those arenas? They can say we don't like the image that one of your supposedly next superstars is portraying. We're gonna take our money to the NFL

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Bruh… dude is getting paid over 250 MILLION for the next 5 years as his SALARY.

The people who are paying him, run a business and are investing in him to continue to help grow that business. He represents them in exchange for money.

Him flashing guns in multiple videos is a risk to Ja and to that business. If Ja gets shot, whether by accident or targeted because of his actions, or sent to jail for something that puts Ja and that business risk in jeopardy.

Bottom line, these teams, these people, and these businesses aren’t going to invest in someone who is a risk to their product. Dude is putting everything he’s ever worked for in jeopardy because of his own actions.

Would you pay someone 250million to be on your team and play for your fans if you couldn’t trust him to stop playing with guns ONLINE.
Aight man, I get that part . I truly do……but that’s the issue for me . What gives these teams and corporations the right to tell anybody they can’t show off a gun online when many of them support the politicians who lobby for MORE GUNS . I guess my argument is bigger than Ja.

Ja is dumb. Suspend him or whatever for just being a dummy and potentially fukking up his bag ….I just don’t like the hypocrisy of the media and corporations coming down on him as he’s the poster boy for out of control gun ownership .

I see everyone’s point, shyt still don’t sit right me. Until we fixed the bigger gun issue in this country , Ja Morant shouldn’t be the poster boy for this shyt .

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
They need to trade Ja to Atlanta for maximum fukkery potential :mjlit:

Status
Not open for further replies.