Ja Morant Is Back To His Old Ways; Caught With Another Gun On IG Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's say he has a legally registered firearm and is doing nothing illegal.

Guess what? That doesn't matter AT ALL to the NBA. People do many things that aren't illegal and end up facing repercussions from their employer.

Too many here are being dense and obtuse. No one is talking about legality here. This is about the NBA wanting to protect their image and one of their "stars" continually being in the news for the wrong thing. The NBA isn't going to let any player hurt their advertisers, and you sure as hell better believe most players are probably fine with Morant getting a big suspension as they don't want his type of actions fukking with their money or CBA negotiations.

Some of you really need to separate legality from stupidity. This isn't about him being charged for something. It's about a private business protecting their image and their money.

facts drinking alcohol is legal but go on IG live on a drunk rant talking shyt and see what happens

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is he a legal registered gun owner? If so who cares? White people celebrate having guns. I see white politicians shooting them in ads all the time.
You're telling me that white politicians who...are employed by the government...who have every reason to politicize the right to own guns....are in ads about guns? ...Well I see no difference at all between that and what Ja is doing :ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ask yourself why you're mounting a defense for Ja that even the organization that he works for isn't.

Maybe there's a clue somewhere in that.
Because he's a black male brandishing a gun no public organization is going to defend that. Was Philando Castile defended by the NRA when the cop killed him reaching for his wallet just because he was a black male that owned a gun? When have you ever seen any organization defend a black male for gun ownership?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
fukk outta here. that's a constiutionally protected right. unless he brought that shyt to a game what say does the NBA have over a guy exercising his constiotutionally protected right in his own leasure time? Is that in his contract that he can't be seen with a firearm at any time?
Local laws supercede state laws that supercede national laws.

Secondly, it's in the contract that you cannot behave in a manner that brings negative attention to yourself in a way that harms the image of the organization that you represent. The degree of negative is subjective, but we're way past that now.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I see a lot of people keep going back to legality in their posts. That doesn’t matter when you’re in the position that Ja is in. This man is paid hundreds of millions of dollars to represent brands and companies that are worth billions. Every move he makes matters when it comes to the bottom line and being a representative. It is what it is. That money comes with strings attached.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
This shyt is so unreal that I had to go on Twitter to make sure what I saw in the other thread wasn’t some AI/photoshop shyt. This dude is a complete fukking idiot and it’s time for the Grizzlies to move on from him.
He in the same boat with Poole. I don't see our FO moving his $194 Million contract, UNLESS they try and go after Dame. I can't believe we even discussing possible trades.

:mjcry:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
fukk outta here. that's a constiutionally protected right. unless he brought that shyt to a game what say does the NBA have over a guy exercising his constiotutionally protected right in his own leasure time? Is that in his contract that he can't be seen with a firearm at any time?
The NBA is full of registered gun owners. You do know that, right?

Yet the NBA as a private entity and has their own bylaws on what can be presented on social media and can act on things that go against their codes of conduct.

Why are you being daft?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Before the same tired cliche of:

“He needs to get rid of his crew”

Nah he’s the boss and the one who decides what, when, how. He’s the problem. It’s always been him.

I will say his homies need to do better to check him. Save him from himself

But who was broadcastin in the crew!????? :why:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Ja is an employer

Status
Not open for further replies.