Status
Not open for further replies.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It ain’t the company it’s him

Yeah just say you caping for him he’s a public figure people going to talk and he deserves to be condemned

MSG they don’t play explicit shyt I don’t know about the rest of these arenas and that’s irrelevant to the discussion
This is a blatant lie

Lol y’all got me in here fighting to death for this fool :damn:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I wonder what will be the punishment now… 20 games in the season suspended perhaps

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
The fact you got people like Bron openly supporting rappers who were alleged to shoot women

The teams stay playing the most explicit music during games. Save it with that family friendly bs. Yes he does need to keep better company, yes he should know better at this time. That’s for the league to handle

The outrage from the public & specifically black posters is shameful tho
Youre not wrong btw. Theres a argument to be had about how problematic rap has crossed over into pop culture and how these brands now have to cozy up to what is straight up DEGENERATE music to stay relevant.

When you think about it, its utterly shameful how "smoking on that pack" was literally used on the air by a tenured NBA broadcaster as slang for beating an opponent as @ISO said . But thats where we are now as a society.

WIth that said, lets be clear here, the number of stories and incidents (many of which are unverified, mind you) cannot be viewed as one offs. IMO theres a clear pattern here that Morant, for whatever reason, wants to cultivate a image that "hes bout that life". We all should know what that means but for those who dont let me clarify, it means he and his boys will not hesitate to use gun violence to murder you during a dispute.

Do you think thats a image the NBA wants their stars associated with them?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
It ain’t the company it’s him

Yeah just say you caping for him he’s a public figure people going to talk and he deserves to be condemned

MSG they don’t play explicit shyt I don’t know about the rest of these arenas and that’s irrelevant to the discussion
None of these arenas do, they either playing instrumentals or the edited songs. ..

I will say, to @Marc Spector point, the culture surrounding the Grizzlies is not good and can be traced back to a largely inactive owner. The franchise is blurring the lines between family friendly sports entertainment and street culture, we've seen videos of rappers shooting dice or throwing ones at FedEx. I've been to games in Memphis, they not playing explicit music but they sure are inviting elements of a more negative culture into the franchise and at some point someone needs to be held accountable for it and reset the culture...

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They do NOT play explicit music at MSG that is not a lie
So let’s be clear you’re right. I should have said vulgar music

I literally heard them playing DMX talking bout nikkas in jail with pumps & lipstick :russ:

Family friendly right?

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where the fukk is TEE MORANT? Him and Ja have a close relationship. Tee needs to stop being his son's homeboy and be his father. And sit this nikka down. They need to cut the flunkies from his circle. JA is a 9 FIGURE BIZNESS. He needs to act like one.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Youre not wrong btw. Theres a argument to be had about how problematic rap has crossed over into pop culture and how these brands now have to cozy up to what is straight up DEGENERATE music to stay relevant.

When you think about it, its utterly shameful how "smoking on that pack" was literally used on the air by a tenured NBA broadcaster as slang for beating an opponent as @ISO said . But thats where we are now as a society.

WIth that said, lets be clear here, the number of stories and incidents (many of which are unverified, mind you) cannot be viewed as one offs. IMO theres a clear pattern here that Morant, for whatever reason, wants to cultivate a image that "hes bout that life". We all should know what that means but for those who dont let me clarify, it means he and his boys will not hesitate to use gun violence to murder you during a dispute.

Do you think thats an image the NBA wants their stars associated with them?
You have great points & I’ve said in here my issue isn’t with the NBA but more so fans being hypocrites

It is funny you mention rap & I’m certain Nike has sponsored rappers who do not reflect a family image but hey posters aren’t upset with that

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I have to disagree. They play have of Jay z and Mobb deep catalogs before games
No they don’t

At most they playing Shook Ones instrumental

They not playing gun play Jay

I been to MSG plenty of times DJ lame as fukk

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Perfect example of half measures not working. If he had gotten suspended for the rest of the season and lost all his endorsements we prob wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Because his handlers would have had a real conversation with him, instead of whatever "wait it out" bullshyt advice he clearly was given.

The other thing...I get people don't want to solely blame music but uh...will you at least admit this culture is toxic and is destroying young black minds? The flamboyant, loud, ignorant behavior that makes it near impossible for many boys to sit still or listen in school. The flippant disregard for education and disdain for "9-5" jobs that leads them right into chronic unemployment after graduation. The association of violence and guns with manhood, being "real" etc. And nonstop need to prove you are the realest nikka...even to white kids in your suburban school. This is BAD and I hope this dude sparks a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.