Ja Morant Is Back To His Old Ways; Caught With Another Gun On IG Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
all due respect to chuck, but i'm dissapointed in his input here. it ain't about picking a side, but being a leader and demonstrating the right way to go about life. what ja is doing ain't it. i agree there is a double standard with politicians and other folk, but that whataboutism and false equivalency has no impact in our real life. this brother knows first hand about the damage gun culture and ignorant glamorization of guns and violence has done specifically to the black community. ja dancing around drunk to a drill adjacent rap song and waving guns is not empowering or moving progress for young black kids. chuck knows this.

it would be totally different if ja started up a foundation or youtube channel promoting responsible gun ownership and training for black folk. showcase your shyt. sponsor responsible discussion about self protection. i'm all for that and support the second amendment for that type of approach. i do not support showcasing irresponsible gun behavior.

and jj redik needs to sit down. dude is talking from the perspective of someone trying to get on with an nba team and stay cool with players. he can't relate to our culture and what it's like on the other side of the tv.
Love Chuck, and PE is my favorite hip hop group of all time but he's flat out wrong here. And it's funny that this is the same Chuck that bemoans the gangster takeover of hip hop.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
all due respect to chuck, but i'm dissapointed in his input here. it ain't about picking a side, but being a leader and demonstrating the right way to go about life. what ja is doing ain't it. i agree there is a double standard with politicians and other folk, but that whataboutism and false equivalency has no impact in our real life. this brother knows first hand about the damage gun culture and ignorant glamorization of guns and violence has done specifically to the black community. ja dancing around drunk to a drill adjacent rap song and waving guns is not empowering or moving progress for young black kids. chuck knows this.

it would be totally different if ja started up a foundation or youtube channel promoting responsible gun ownership and training for black folk. showcase your shyt. sponsor responsible discussion about self protection. i'm all for that and support the second amendment for that type of approach. i do not support showcasing irresponsible gun behavior.

and jj redik needs to sit down. dude is talking from the perspective of someone trying to get on with an nba team and stay cool with players. he can't relate to our culture and what it's like on the other side of the tv.
fukk all that, pick a side.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Damn this is crazy, they should also do that to the gun toting republicans too since they’re always taking pictures of themselves holding military weapons.

:patrice: nope that's too far
Let the league handle based on whatever contractual obligations, clauses Ja broke

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
They say Tennessee has a legislator that sends Christmas cards with his family all holding guns.

That’s even more crazy :snoop:
:patrice: nope that's too far
Let the league handle based on whatever contractual obligations, clauses Ja broke

If they’re gonna make Ja apologize they need to do the same to those guys too. Ja can probably legal carry in that state if it’s the law but I don’t mess with guns at all due to the violence it brings.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Damn this is crazy, they should also do that to the gun toting republicans too since they’re always taking pictures of themselves holding military weapons.

Ehhhh youth gun violence and crime has been a huge topic in Memphis and with Ja being the face of the city, he does have a responsibility due to his influence over the youth. Bringing Republicans into the topic of discussion is disingenuous in this particular instance as they've been going after everyone including the mayor over the topic at hand.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
is nike gonna cut ties with him, or are they just gonna put him on timeout til this blows over?
The latter more than the likely. If he stays out of trouble, they will parlay it into a redemption ad and sell even more sneakers/t-shirts. People like a redemption story, so I can definitely see it happening with Ja.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
The latter more than the likely. If he stays out of trouble, they will parlay it into a redemption ad and sell even more sneakers/t-shirts. People like a redemption story, so I can definitely see it happening with Ja.

Fúck that.

Them shíts are now Bronny 1s.

Status
Not open for further replies.