J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Because people are not looking at this feud as a legitimate beef obviously, cause it's not. Just two people who are claiming they are #1. Of course it's not going to be as engaging as two rappers who actually hate each other.
So then what is the deep discussion about? Because none of what's been spat is noteworthy. It honestly feels like 3 guys who conspired together to get their names out there on social media/buzz and are just gonna dip their toes in the water and go on about what they were doing before

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Mr Morale is defintely Kendrick's worst album but it's still better than any Cole album.

Most Schoolboy Q albums are better than Cole's shyt.....shiit so is most Jay Rock shyt.

Cole is a feature rapper...nothing more. Ain't no one dusting off old Cole albums and listening to them front to back. The stans tried their hardest to act like Forest Hills was the one but that album ain't got no legacy, no cache. shyt....i'd put JID's last album over any of Cole's shyt.

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
DopeAF that Kendrick had a more hi tempo beat on “Like That” & when Cole comes back to him it’s a hi tempo beat (then obviously the beat switch comes…)

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
This was cool

The reaction from Kendrick on this site is because he came out of nowhere with it , nobody expected that

On top of that he didn’t really come at Cole like that anyway

Cole sent a few jabs - it’ll probably end here for him as long as Kendrick don’t wanna take it further

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
"BOY I GOT HERE OFF BARS NOT NO CONTROVERSY"

is a better, more factual bar than anything on Like That :blessed:
Naw, we can't even say that. Cole career started in somewhat of controversy because of the whole Roc Nation push being posed as an natural emergence. nikkas don't even recognize The Come Up mixtape, unless you're super heavy into Cole.

While Kendrick didn't really pop until well after many mixtapes.....I know for me, I kept seeing his name around just before Sec.80 released, but never gave him a chance until Sec.80 dropped. And when nikkas went back into his discog, KELP & OD are two GREAT projects. Kendrick's blow up was way more "natural" than Cole's (or Drake's imo).

the more we get into what Cole sayng, the more it really does come off as self Ether :picard:

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
I like

He keep doing shows
But fell off like the simpsons

I love Cole angle u used to probably be better. But u peaked and im still getting better
I can understand, but at the same time to me, what Kendrick and Cole do are 2 different things when it comes to Rap.

Cole is on his grind, trying to get lyrically better each song and staying in the pocket almost like Em which can be good and bad cause some of those verses be hot or miss and with Kendrick, he's trying to experiment, sound and shyt, that's why all his albums to me sound so fukking different, which isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't hit the same if you stick to the same style so you get people who complain about it not bumping and shyt.

Both have their place in the game and helps the game grow and now they're just having a competition to see who's on top.

EDIT: And I see where Cole is coming from, but is it that Dot peaked or is it that he's big enough to try different shyt and not be stuck in the same lane as he used to be.

Kind of like Drake when he decides to do Calypso music and shyt and that's a joke before Drake hive jumps on me and shyt lol.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
The consensus from kendrick fans is its his weakest album

Consensus wise from his fans each album got worse with each release
Saying it's his weakest or your least favorite album doesn't make it a flop.

Come on y'all. lol

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, i will never understand the diss of “you don’t put out enough music” like yeah, thats why kendrick got 5 very distinct sounding albums. We off that mixtape era of putting out tapes every summer lol

It was original and funny when Jay said it. J Cole rehashed the same concept without the comedic timing. And J Cole might as well have made 1 album,because thats how many I would struggle to name:francis:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
If Kendrick wants smoke with you now that you’re in your prime. That either shows how confident he is that he can outrap you, or he’s out of his mind for going at you. I think I said this in the Like That thread but I think we all can agree that Kendrick 100% thinks he’s better than Cole & Drake. It’s not a front, he really thinks he’s number one. Whether it’s smart/accurate or not, he’s definitely confident in himself that he could body the other two. Plus people have to understand how strategic that dude really is. I feel like Cole & Drake plays chess, while breh is playing something like 5D chess.

Also if Cole can drop two classics right now, do it. It’ll arguably be his first two. I personally think Cole already has 2, but I doubt the masses agree with that if I’m being honest.

If Cole really came up with this in 7 minutes that’s pretty impressive. I just wish the song was actually 7 minutes of nonstop shots at Kendrick, no safety. I know this is a supposed warning shot, but I feel like the safety is still on when it should be set to fire.

Cole at the start of the song was rapping like Drake on his song On BS from Her Loss. Anyone notice that?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Cole coming out first,acknowledging hes the midcarder and Drake is the main event is already an L:francis:

You see it. Kareem Abdul Jabbar in Game of Death vibes, midway point. I really hope he has a knockout up his sleeve but this "take it easy/bait" tactic never works out, look what happened to Royce Da 5'9, came out on that half energy cool shyt and Lupe Fiasco put him through the tables Word to @Art Barr. Same thing happened to 50 with Piggy Bank, sent slight shots and then ended up getting bodied by everybody he dissed :snoop:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
If Kendrick wants smoke with you now that you’re in your prime. That either shows how confident he is that he can outrap you, or he’s out of his mind for going at you. I think I said this in the Like That thread but I think we all can agree that Kendrick 100% thinks he’s better than Cole & Drake. It’s not a front, he really thinks he’s number one. Whether it’s smart/accurate or not, he’s definitely confident in himself that he could body the other two. Plus people have to understand how strategic that dude really is. I feel like Cole & Drake plays chess, while breh is playing something like 5D chess.

Also if Cole can drop two classics right now, do it. It’ll arguably be his first two. I personally think Cole already has 2, but I doubt the masses agree with that if I’m being honest.

If Cole really came up with this in 7 minutes that’s pretty impressive. I just wish the song was actually 7 minutes of nonstop shots at Kendrick, no safety. I know this is a supposed warning shot, but I feel like the safety is still on when it should be set to fire.

Cole at the start of the song was rapping like Drake on his song On BS from Her Loss. Anyone notice that?
What's funny is that the internet said Dot couldn't do mainstream music and then he dropped DAMN and the whole narrative changed. lol