J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Cole could make 'Let Hov Down" for the Falloff, and really make this moment into a dope song. Cuz he damn sure just bowed out of the battle.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That canuck actually has way more heart than we give him credit for. He'd never do this. This goofy Jermaine got me praising Drakes battle spirit WTF kinda twilight zone shyt is going on :damn:
Nah I'm not gonna give Drake no props for Cole fumbling. Drake still gotta answer the call

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Kendrick is an institution...a BEAST.
Not only he has one of the absolute best catalogs in music (not just hip hop), and even if you don't like his music you can't deny his catalog is praised as such, but his name is a real brand, and his backing is no joke (dr dre, eminem, the whole west coast, legends...actual gangs members as well)
If you're a mainstream artist and wanna diss him, you better take the right approach or you're done. Light jabs like Drake does is fine, but you don't want to be in full diss mode against Dot.
Ima jump out the window and say it, you can make an argument for Kenny being top 3 ever.

I had him top 5 after he dropped Mr Morale but with THIS on his jacket, the albums he’s dropped, his ability to mix substance/messages on hit songs, ability to do rappity rap if need be.

I mean :yeshrug:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake looks 10x better than Cole right now even without responding. Imagine it was Drake who done this? The Coli would crash :mjlol:
I mean, this shyt literally just happened, of course all eyes gonna be on Cole. But once the smoke clears if Drake still ducking Kendrick he gonna look even more bytch made than Cole's goofy ass

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I had Kendrick up 1 because I didn’t think Cole diss made that much sense. It was cool, but I felt it’d be hot for a week tops (Like That is in clubs supposedly, it’s still charting, and it just it just hit harder). Cole bowing out imo doesn’t necessarily mean Kendrick “won” in my book. But I feel like a lot of people will see it that way.

Anyway, one thing I did learn from this is that Kendrick has more haters than I thought. There were some people who legitimately thought Cole diss was good enough to say he was up 1. And that’s cool, and their opinion. But then there were some people I’ve seen online (outside this site even) who clearly never fukked with Cole, and didn’t necessarily think his diss record was all that. But they gave it to Cole because they just have some kind of hidden disdain for Kendrick. They didn’t want to see Cole win, they wanted to see Kendrick lose because they’re probably tired of hearing how “great” he is by other people. I assume they just wanted a reason, to use in debates to prove that he isn’t all that great and that he’s overrated or something.

For anyone on Twitter who saw either of these rappers up 1 on their timeline. The algorithm probably showed it to you because of what it thinks you would enjoy based on previous things you liked and shyt. So in the past if someone (for example) liked or even clicked on a tweet that said “I don’t get the Kendrick lamar hype, yall gas him”. Cole 1-0 was probably what you seen the most. And vice versa. I don’t know any of this (how twitter algorithm) works but I assume it’s something like that.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I had Kendrick up 1 because I didn’t think Cole diss made that much sense. It was cool, but I felt it’d be hot for a week tops (Like That is in clubs supposedly, it’s still charting, and it just it just hit harder). Cole bowing out imo doesn’t necessarily mean Kendrick “won” in my book. But I feel like a lot of people will see it that way.

Anyway, one thing I did learn from this is that Kendrick has more haters than I thought. There were some people who legitimately thought Cole diss was good enough to say he was up 1. And that’s cool, and their opinion. But then there were some people I’ve seen online (outside this site even) who clearly never fukked with Cole, and didn’t necessarily think his diss record was all that. But they gave it to Cole because they just have some kind of hidden disdain for Kendrick. They didn’t want to see Cole win, they wanted to see Kendrick lose because they’re probably tired of hearing how “great” he is by other people. I assume they just wanted a reason, to use in debates to prove that he isn’t all that great and that he’s overrated or something.

For anyone on Twitter who saw either of these rappers up 1 on their timeline. The algorithm probably showed it to you because of what it thinks you would enjoy based on previous things you liked and shyt. So in the past if someone (for example) liked or even clicked on a tweet that said “I don’t get the Kendrick lamar hype, yall gas him”. Cole 1-0 was probably what you seen the most. And vice versa. I don’t know any of this (how twitter algorithm) works but I assume it’s something like that.

A gang of Drake stans hopped on the Cole bandwagon solely because Kendrick dissed Drake. That's it. Site full of grown ass men that live life like it's "Mean Girls".

As far as Twitter, that's exactly what happened. Because "Cole up 1" or whatever people were saying did not trend for me, or in the United States, or even Worldwide, at any point I seen.

I said I liked the diss but it was not well received. Which probably played a role in Cole back tracking as well.

Fred.