Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I heard The Climb Back mad times when it first came out last year. :stopitslime:NOW the sample wants to be stuck in my head like
204ca709b6350cc1eca42905d79f0141.jpg

with some nikka in the background yelling “bytch IM BACK OUTSIDE, NIKKA”! :bryan:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Why nikkas acting like Cole singing on his hooks, bridges and choruses is something he just started doing recently?

The Warm Up had Can I Live, I Get up, Dreams.. Cost Me A lot on FNL etc. :gucci:

singing on a hook is not the same as doing bad r&b karaoke, which what Cole does on this album

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Enjoying this a lot :ehh: honestly this was needed for the artform. Hip-Hop is on life support, the game NEEDS the most popular acts to steer the direction.

This is the first album I have played so much in a short period of time in a long time from one of the front runners or popular artists in the game.

I think this shyt is dope but it's also compounded by the fact that most others currently in the limelight don't actually rap.
Rapping has actually become secondary in rap music, who would have thought :skip: