Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
Lol last page show you that no matter how much you enjoy an album , there’s always gonna be a few nikkas on the coli that’s gonna bring their think piece out to critics the album to a T .

no substance lol but when he dropped KOD to spread a message y’all called it trash.

he’s working with other producers , now it’s trash

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It’s actually pretty crazy how many all time greats we’re witnessing in real time right now

From Cole, Kendrick and Drake to Lebron and KD, Steph Curry.. the Tom Brady’s, etc.

Literal all time greats that’ll be in the history books.. we’re witnessing these people work in real time, and some people have their heads shoved too far up their own pretentious asses to even appreciate it. So unfortunate

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lol last page show you that no matter how much you enjoy an album , there’s always gonna be a few nikkas on the coli that’s gonna bring their think piece out to critics the album to a T .

no substance lol but when he dropped KOD to spread a message y’all called it trash.

It sounds like the same kinda beats he does but he had other people co-produce most of them.

Berg needs to pull a Jay-Z type album where he works with the hottest producers going. At the same time he shouldn’t do any product work on the album. Try a drastically different sound.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
J Cole, 2013: "I hate rich n****s, goddamn it / cause I aint never had a lot, damn it / Who you had to kill? Who you had to rob? / Who you had to fukk just to make it to the top, damn it?"

J Cole, 2021: "If you broke a clowning a millionaire, the joke is on you!"

I feel this is true. But in a vacuum I am enjoying the first half of this album...

Artists can have different sides, is how I'll rationale this so I can enjoy it.

Daps
It’s actually pretty crazy how many all time greats we’re witnessing in real time right now

From Cole, Kendrick and Drake to Lebron and KD, Steph Curry.. the Tom Brady’s, etc.

Literal all time greats that’ll be in the history books.. we’re witnessing these people work in real time, and some people have their heads shoved too far up their own pretentious asses to even appreciate it. So unfortunate

What a dumbass comment.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

Half of KOD was dope, half was trash. This current album is more than solid and very consistent all the way through. Outside producers greatly helped him.

Last edited: