Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
99 Problems and Dirt Off Your Shoulder aren't undeniable classic songs? You could say none of the other tracks are "classic' and I'd be fine with it...but those tracks are undeniable. Nor do you have to still play them to know that. Or does classic only apply to tracks you've heard in the last year or two lol.
:jbhmm:

That album was a "moment" I vividly remember. I was downloading random tracks from that shyt from leaks, radio rips, anywhere I could find shyt. And then when the album actually came out it was a wrap. Great moment...

I definitely agree that the rollout was a moment

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Ohhhh lord nikkas about to have deep dives about every cole bar

nikka looks like a hispanic AMS
:dead:

40010208971_356a5eed8e_o.gif

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Carter 5 had much more substance than this.

I don't understand why when I talk about one artist you guys always go back to my favorite artists like that is supposed to affect me or something LOL

As someone who defended Tha Carter 5....LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Am I the only one who got taken back to 09 when Cole said "I Get Up" on 95 South?

He restored that Mixtape Cole feeling with this one. No concept. Just straight bars and great music. And just think, this is only the warm up to the Fall Off. This was only the appetizer
:wow:

If you're still hating at this point, he just isn't the artist for you. For the rest of us, appreciate his music while he's still releasing it. We're witnessing one of the greats in real time

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Dope for what it is, kind of a mixtape lol.

I personally feel False Prophets and One Day Everybody Got To Die is better than most of this album. He is rapping on this but it's kinda boring on first listen. I'm gonna give it some more spins but to me this reminds me of Drake's Views. It's like he is rapping from a jaded uninspired perspective. I'm that nikka, I made it, im great, I'm bored. He has bars but he ain't really saying much but if you look at it as a mixtape you appreciate it more, just some cool raps.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I don’t want to call it a classic yet, but this album felt special
Can’t put my finger on it

I agree but I’m making a bold prediction by saying that it’s gonna be held as one in the future…Cole has always rapped at a high level but this shyt right here? We ain’t never heard this version of Cole before.

Yeah he was killing the dreamville compilations but no one had an idea that he would make an album like this.

I wouldn’t argue with anyone clamoring for FHD of being a classic but this version of J Cole is on a different level.