Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
which one of you fifty year olds is trying to get some p*ssy off of horrible J Cole raps ?

E0wlND5XEAEygzx

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Who does the production on the “return of the dreamers” projects ? Those projects are dope production wise .

Cole should let them handle more production on his albums.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
idk how he hasn’t realized this yet :francis:
Stays rapping over his fruity loops beats :francis:
His beats don’t sound like Fruity Loops. And this is a dumb criticism anyway based on the fact that majority producers that’s hot for the last 10 years been using FL Studio.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
which one of you fifty year olds is trying to get some p*ssy off of horrible J Cole raps ?

E0wlND5XEAEygzx

My boy turned into a complete Nipsey STAN after he died and he brought this line to me like it was somethin crazy. I was just like “word up” and kept it pushin. Lol. I wasn’t even gonna open up that can of worms.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
My boy turned into a complete Nipsey STAN after he died and he brought this line to me like it was somethin crazy. I was just like “word up” and kept it pushin. Lol. I wasn’t even gonna open up that can of worms.
Him and everybody else :russ:

Bossino

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Crazy how this album was slept on. Never understood the hate. Only song I hate on the album is fold clothes (corny). Replace that with everybody dies and we're good

fukk what anybody say Foldin' Clothes might be my most played track on that album. As a breh who hasn't really come close to genuine love, that's what I'd like it to be. Growth, changing your perspective, and habits for the better for/because of a woman who wants to see YOU win.

Frankly I think people were repelled by that track and album because they've never had anything close to something as real/genuine portrayed on that album. In an era of transactional relationships, networking, tricking and trying to care less than the next man, the song and album is the polar opposite. Growth, sacrifice, love, introspection, and shedding bad habits would play poorly with nikkas and hos stuck on trap beats, scamming, hitting licks, twerking, finessing, looking at for self only and getting theirs by any means.

In the words of Masta Killa "The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum" :yeshrug:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Some of yall need to stop listening to music like it's a science project all the time. We don't have to listen at that level strictly for every single song

I get everyone has different tastes. But when you pick apart songs like this, you miss out as a listener

If you're a Cole fan, take the time to listen to the music he's about to release without going in with a critiquing mindset. Play it on some good speakers. Take it for what it is instead of what you expect it to be. You'll get alot more out of the experience

Bossino

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
He does it in literally every thread too lol, he’s gotta be the most unliked person on this board lol
I don't why y'all wait to put people on ignore I have that fakkit Coronavirus/BeyonceKnowlesCarter/Napoleon on ignore literally 6 months into being here along with that bytch Black Pearl Empress.

Some of y'all entertain far too much ignorance/stupidity