Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Whats crazy about Aubrey fans hating on Cole is that Cole might be the ONLY artist from that generation who truly shows Drake love and speaks highly of his character.

Kendrick has dissed him
Cudi has dissed him
Wale has sent shots

Cole has never not once said a bad word about Drake and the two have collaborated several times. You’d think Aubrey fans would return the favor
“If I quote it nikka I WROTE it nikka!..”

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Whats crazy about Aubrey fans hating on Cole is that Cole might be the ONLY artist from that generation who truly shows Drake love and speaks highly of his character.

Kendrick has dissed him
Cudi has dissed him
Wale has sent shots

Cole has never not once said a bad word about Drake and the two have collaborated several times. You’d think Aubrey fans would return the favor
Who gives a fukk about his character? Do you know him? Do you know any of these dudes?

This is entertainment. Dude is failing at holding up his end of the bargain.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Who gives a fukk about his character? Do you know him? Do you know any of these dudes?

This is entertainment. Dude is failing at holding up his end of the bargain.
Bruh u was just dikkriding his last album and dikkriding all his features. U always been strange when it comes to certain nikkas. U always dikkrode Drake. U always shytted on Cole until KOD dropped. U have an unhealthy hate for Dave East. And an unhealthy love for Nipsey.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Yeah. We don’t get it. Cole outsmarts us Every time
Lol not saying that he out smarts us but somethings can only be appreciate in their proper context.

Another example of this was Kendricks Backseat Freestyle. If I'm not mistaken it was leaked before the album and we were like wtf! On the album it made sense though.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Bruh u was just dikkriding his last album and dikkriding all his features. U always been strange when it comes to certain nikkas. U always dikkrode Drake. U always shytted on Cole until KOD dropped. U have an unhealthy hate for Dave East. And an unhealthy love for Nipsey.
Cause it was above average. I thought he was turning a corner. I believed in him!!!!

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Track is kinda whatever to me but I'm looking forward to the album. Reminds me of that Nas/Hov Khaled track in the sense that you have this soulful sample and then you muck it up with those sequenced hi hats. It can work with the right producer but there's this long standing tradition of Cole rapping over modern beats that have questionable drums (to me).

Still looking forward to the album tho. Real curious what each of these guys - Cole, Drake, and Kdot - is gonna do this year.Might be the most direct competion they've ever had.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what's some of these posters don't understand. Just cause it's an interlude doesn't mean it has to be mid lol. Some albums have mind blowing great interludes and that's what I thought he would go for. Look at So Far Gone with Brias interlude a song Drake hasn't really done a song like that since if we are talking dope interludes.

This was an underwhelming introduction to an album but hopefully in due time it makes sense.

Name one mind blowing INTERLUDE :jbhmm:

I'm find it funny that people are suddenly putting high standards on interludes.... no interlude supposed to be the standout part of the album. If one is, that entire album is lackluster. Interludes are typically just breathers between the main joints of the album.

EDIT... Brias interlude song wasn't "mind blowing"

Daps
The confidence to release a intro as the first single of your album.

After listening to it I understand why. It's been on repeat all day.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Yea I block that annoying poster. I already know who y’all complaining about. Think he is on the spectrum.
Anyways the track isn’t really an indicator on how this shyt is going to sound. Strange choice