Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Whats crazy about Aubrey fans hating on Cole is that Cole might be the ONLY artist from that generation who truly shows Drake love and speaks highly of his character.

Kendrick has dissed him
Cudi has dissed him
Wale has sent shots

Cole has never not once said a bad word about Drake and the two have collaborated several times. You’d think Aubrey fans would return the favor

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whats crazy about Aubrey fans hating on Cole is that Cole might be the ONLY artist from that generation who truly shows Drake love and speaks highly of his character.

Kendrick has dissed him
Cudi has dissed him
Wale has sent shots

Cole has never not once said a bad word about Drake and the two have collaborated several times. You’d think Aubrey fans would return the favor

Bro I had a conversation about the worse fan base and that’s literally why Kendrick, Eminem, and Drake fans suck

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Why not put a teaser of how the album going to be like?

It's not like this was 1st time he done that. You consider INTRO a single because he dropped that a week BEFORE FHD?
Yeah, I really do.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
The interlude isn’t good at all so I don’t understand why he “wanted” to release it

The two songs he dropped last year were fukkING GREAT I hope he still goes in that direction. I’m still expecting the album to be dope
That's what's some of these posters don't understand. Just cause it's an interlude doesn't mean it has to be mid lol. Some albums have mind blowing great interludes and that's what I thought he would go for. Look at So Far Gone with Brias interlude a song Drake hasn't really done a song like that since if we are talking dope interludes.

This was an underwhelming introduction to an album but hopefully in due time it makes sense.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Cole doesn’t really drop “singles” though. He hasn’t dropped a traditional “lead single” since Born Sinner he just puts out appetizers.

Interlude is exactly what his strategy has been the past half decade
I hear you but one day everybody got to die and false prophets compared to this lol.

I get your point that he does introduce his albums in a unique way though and that's why I'm hopeful in the grand scheme this will make sense.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That's what's some of these posters don't understand. Just cause it's an interlude doesn't mean it has to be mid lol. Some albums have mind blowing great interludes and that's what I thought he would go for. Look at So Far Gone with Brias interlude a song Drake hasn't really done a song like that since if we are talking dope interludes.

This was an underwhelming introduction to an album but hopefully in due time it makes sense.
Yeah. We don’t get it. Cole outsmarts us Every time

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

My thoughts exactly!!!! I think he knows he has to deliver and he really doesn’t have any reasons not to!

the album will be great