J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 118 61.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I'll entertain it...

Fat Joe, Gillie, Akademiks...Are any of those people responsible for any of the charting data in the industry? Rhetorical, the answer is no.

So once again, the MASSES wanted Drake to lose and they made it so.

The same masses that still have Drake as the number 1 streaming rapper today? :jbhmm: They wanted him to lose yet continued to stream his music?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll entertain it...

Fat Joe, Gillie, Akademiks...Are any of those people responsible for any of the charting data in the industry? Rhetorical, the answer is no.

So once again, the MASSES wanted Drake to lose and they made it so.

"The masses wanted Drake to lose =/= "the masses wanted Drake to lose from the rip", which is what you said.

"Family Matters" hit #7 and "Push Ups" hit #17 on Billboard....both higher than "Back 2 Back" (#21), mind you. Which secured Drake the victory over Meek.

So what metric are you using, when talking about "from the rip"? His songs against Kendrick charted better than his previous biggest diss record.

Like I said, we remember what happened. The sole reason "Family Matters" wasn't a kill shot is "Meet The Grahams" neutralized it the same night. Then "Not Like Us" ended it.

I'm a fan of Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is Kendrick won because he outmaneuvered and out-rapped Drake. That's it. Drake is still, to this day, the biggest artist on Spotify off his old music. But we're to believe Kendrick somehow mind controlled the masses into turning against Drake from the jump?

No, he lost fair and square which is why none of his new music is on the charts.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The same masses that still have Drake as the number 1 streaming rapper today? :jbhmm: They wanted him to lose yet continued to stream his music?

This is exactly what I just said.
IyshV2S.png

Drake is somehow simultaneously the biggest rapper in the world and the same people that made him break all those streaming records wanted him to lose a battle from the start.

dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
kendrick-lamar-tweet.jpg

Look at the thread my posts are about Wayno’s comments on what he heard Dreamville nikkas not Cole but his artists say around him not about the battle with Drake. Cole ran with this angle in his diss track and Drake alluded to it as well.

Cole ran with that angle but did it work? Was "the culture" feeling Cole at that moment?

And is that old tweet supposed to suggest LA doesn't support Kendrick? Are you serious?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I remember both sides doing it, it was mostly rap media saying Kendrick was shook and a lot of people were saying since Drake took 3 weeks to respond, Kendrick should be afforded the same time to respond. I definitely remember AK was pushing some bullshyt that Kendrick had a diss he was sitting on for like 5 years or something and even Drake mentioned it as well.

The difference between the two sides is Kendrick didn't have an Ak or Mal to spread propaganda.

So while this battle was going on two of the biggest platforms in hip-hop media were a constant spin cycle of anti-Kendrick mis- and disinformation.

Hell, both are still doing it to this day.

Fred.

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
"The masses wanted Drake to lose =/= "the masses wanted Drake to lose from the rip", which is what you said.

"Family Matters" hit #7 and "Push Ups" hit #17 on Billboard....both higher than "Back 2 Back" (#21), mind you. Which secured Drake the victory over Meek.

So what metric are you using, when talking about "from the rip"? His songs against Kendrick charted better than his previous biggest diss record.

Like I said, we remember what happened. The sole reason "Family Matters" wasn't a kill shot is "Meet The Grahams" neutralized it the same night. Then "Not Like Us" ended it.

I'm a fan of Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is Kendrick won because he outmaneuvered and out-rapped Drake. That's it. Drake is still, to this day, the biggest artist on Spotify off his old music. But we're to believe Kendrick somehow mind controlled the masses into turning against Drake from the jump?

No, he lost fair and square which is why none of his new music is on the charts.

Fred.

Your mind lends itself to conspiracies apparently.

Like YOU said, the simplest answer is usually the the correct one and you are way overthinking this.

The sentiment when it came/comes to Drake v Kendrick has always been that 1 is "real hip hop" and the other isn't. On a more surface level, 1 is good and the other is evil.

When this became official and it was actually going to happen for real...The MASSES had already determined that Drake was not winning this beef.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
nikkas really in here on some Dr. Strange shyt with the reality stone :russ:
Now Drake was a victim of the people
The same people and posters that were giddy as fukk when Push Ups dropped
Was keekeeing they ass off with Taylor Made and begging Dot to come outside:russ:
Are you fukking kidding me:dead:
These conversations are all bad faith
This is not a Marvel Movie and you nikkas ain’t Scarlett Witch:skip:
The facts are two beige weirdos got exposed for who they really are
One knows in his heart he ain’t as nice as he has been claiming for the past 6 years
And gunna one got exposed for not understanding the culture he has been pillaging from day one
Instagram likes and bytches dancing to his music never should have been the metric for this felonious nikka
But here we are with Peter Pan ass nikkas screaming
Huh Unh, that’s not what happened :damn:
Ain’t no fukking way

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
nikka said he didn't do enough research and he doesnt like to read, when she responded to him

basically, a "hey man. Don't look at me. I just go off what i see on the internet, really. i just be sayin' shyt" type response.
Nah. She came at him and Kendrick talking bout they don't protest and all that bullshyt. He didn't say he don't be reading. He told her to get off her high horse. Teach rather than criticize.

Daps
:mjlol:The revisionist history is strong right now. People were literally calling Drake Thanos and clowning Kendrick. During those 2 weeks of silence from Dot. So the internet wasn’t quoting Push Ups now?

It was a bad two weeks for Kenny, nikka was getting killed and called all types of scared. Drake thought it was about to be another meek situation, he even had social media on his side
:mjlol:

uma-thurman-on-ig-v0-78idndl2aiuc1.jpeg

Then comes Euphoria :mjgrin:

Daps
nikka said he didn't do enough research and he doesnt like to read, when she responded to him

basically, a "hey man. Don't look at me. I just go off what i see on the internet, really. i just be sayin' shyt" type response.

Yep he wasn’t even wrong in the noname situation, him not standing on it made him come off like a bytch. Just like when he came at lil Pump, only to do a sit down interview with him calling him smart
:scust:

J Fold don’t stand on shyt

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
BDZCWn7.gif

The total disregard for reality some of yall have needs to be studied.

You gotta wait much, much longer to lie about this. We remember what happened. After "Push Ups" until "Euphoria", which was 2+ weeks everyone from Fat Joe to Gillie The Kid was prematurely dancing on Kendrick's grave. Most of hip-hop media too.

Kendrick won, and some of yall are clearly salty about it. So now it's "well, it was hopeless for Drake (and now Cole) from the beginning!" when nobody was saying that sh*t in real time, knock it off.

Fred.

The history revisionism is crazy.

And the funny thing is Kendrick even let both of them dictate the tone the battle would go, so that passive-aggressive BS Cole is spewing on this track is pathetic.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
It really is funny people are acting like we don't remember what happened in real time, Drake having the computers putin with his memes, Drake having all of the streamers on standby, the silence from Kenny, the random NY rappers all either big upping Drake or downplaying Dot. That period of nothing from Dot had people saying Drake was rap Thanos.

If I had the energy I'd go and compile the threads from that period. There wasn't a single day where the sentiment was Drake was in a lose-lose had no chance of winning because the masses had already decided. This is just pure delusion and copium after that the fact hoping to rewrite history.

Last edited:

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
It really is funny people are acting like we don't remember what happened in real time, Drake having the computers putin with his memes, Drake having all of the streamers on standby, the silence from Kenny, the random NY rappers all either big upping Drake or downplaying Dot. That period of nothing from Dot had people saying Drake was rap Thanos.

If I had the energy I'd go and compile the threads from that period. There wasn't a single day where the sentiment was Drake was in a lose-lose had no chance of winning because the masses had already decided. This is just pure delusion and copium after that the fact hoping to rewrite history.

You were manipulated by bots like a bytch
Kendrick lost

Get over it