J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 118 61.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Honestly I can't even fault Cole for how he handled the noname situation given the era and social media climate. I'm sure his people told him there was no way to win that, despite him clearly being in the right. It was always going to turn into some "black men not listening to black women" bullshyt, and the types of people who control the rap think piece ecosystem were ready to rip him apart. The funny thing is the same mob she used against Cole ended up tearing her apart on her last album, for having Jay Electronica on it. She deleted her twitter and I haven't heard a peep from her since then lol.

I'm all for handing Cole the L for how he handled the Kendrick beef but any comparisons to how he handled noname are unfair. Totally different situations

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I'm not cheerleeding for Cole backing out. Personally I think it was wack to apologize and that will never change. My issue is he could've backed out without all that other bullshyt. He should've just let the shyt stand for what it is.
You got 107 other posts saying other wise :damn:

He wouldn't have. He's a better rapper.

This site has become literally terrible to talk about rap shyt on when it comes to certain people especially in the last year. People are doing reactions to this song and The Coli is literally on the opposite end of how everyone else is reacting to it.

Kendrick hasn't spit verses that Cole has done this year in years. There's nothing he's done this year that proves that. Not even 6:16 in LA. Kendrick isn't a better rapper than J Cole. And this is a sentiment that plenty actual emcees have.

So 6:16 in LA. Is better lyrically than his verse on Pi and Plate Of Collard Greens? fukk outta here.

Let's get it straight. Kendrick wasn't doing this style of rapping and not better. Rigamortis is nothing like the verses that was spit. Yall nikkas need to stop dikkriding and have a real conversation. If u LIKE the Rigamortis rhymes style more. That's cool. Kendrick bodied that. But THAT ain't THIS. At all. I dont think Cole is a God tier rapper. It's clear u think Kendrick is tho. My favorite rapper is Nas. Who's better than both. I'm pointing out that Cole is rapping better than Kendrick right now. It's that simple.

What are u rambling about? My point is he didn't spit any BARS better than what Cole been spittin. He hasn't spit anything this year scheme wise better than this.

"Deep down, I hated Halloween, with all that I have seen
Who needs another way to cause a scream?
Dangerous as the king of pop, how well they spin your block
No moves, minimal, smooth criminals
The whole gang doin' insane amount of lean
.."

The whole fukkin battle was wack af cause of these internet nikkas. And nikkas like the goofs u let run around this site with impunity. They are in this thread as we speak. Battle was trash. shyt got corporate and corny REAL quick. If u wanna talk about being honest? IDGAF how much "numbers" any of these diss records did. I don't care how big they got. None of that shyt. Both these p*ssy nikkas was just gossiping like bytches with no proof of nothing. So I guess I feel ur sentiment. This song ain't for u. The whole fukkin battle ain't for me. It was corny.

Yea I find it funny that they tried to compare Cole to Eminem when it comes to Kendrick. That's a joke. Lol. Section 80 was Kendrick in his Bone Thugs, Andre 3K and Lil Wayne bag. GKMC was Kendrick in his Andre 3K and Eminem bag. And he's been getting further and further into his Eminem bag since then. As of right now. Cole just drops better verses than Kendrick. He's the better all around lyricist to me.

Gotta respect you for trying to get his confidence up, but why you ain't keeping the same energy you had for dot pre-euphoria :ufdup:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You got 107 other posts saying other wise :damn:

Gotta respect you for trying to get his confidence up, but why you ain't keeping the same energy you had for dot pre-euphoria :ufdup:
What's the difference? I still think Cole would beat Kendrick in a battle. I STILL feel like that nikka used to always throw shots and hide his hands. Him finally jumping in don't change what he's done in the past. Simple as that. My first post after he apologized was shytting on Cole.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
What's the difference? I still think Cole would beat Kendrick in a battle. I STILL feel like that nikka used to always throw shots and hide his hands. Him finally jumping in don't change what he's done in the past. Simple as that. My first post after he apologized was shytting on Cole.
This literally what cole continues to do over and over :gucci:

And you think he can win based on what? He's not battle tested. Aint that what you said about kendrick before euphoria? And you didn't think he was gonna win because of that, so how does it make sense :russ:

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
This literally what cole continues to do over and over :gucci:

And you think he can win based on what? He's not battle tested. Aint that what you said about kendrick before euphoria? And you didn't think he was gonna win because of that, so how does it make sense :russ:
We have Black Friday where Kendrick not only washed Cole but people were surprised Kendrick could spit like that.

….And yet we got folks still saying Cole the best lyricist out of the 3 and Cole would’ve been a good battle for Kendrick :russ: