J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 118 61.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
He wasnt saying he would've won the battle. He's saying regardless if he won or lost. shyt would've prolly been said and done that would've changed their relationship forever. And it's facts. If he really cares about the friendship. U can't name me one battle that nikkas was friends during or before the battle. Just name me one bro. People not comprehending that Cole situation was very unique from any other mainstream battle we've seen. I just wish the nikka didn't apologize for hitting back. And I wish the nikka understood that Kendrick ain't as good a friend as he thinks he is.
Battle rap matches :troll:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its crazy cause the most non biased reaction channels was peeping the bullshyt out and saying the same shyt we've been saying. The took the fun out of the whole shyt.
Yeah, shyt was wack from the jump.

I think they even got a Kids Bop version of “they not like us” at this point :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How would he have lost a bro though if he also lost the battle? I feel like the implication is pretty obvious that he would have won the battle but lost a bro.
Regardless of who would have “won” they both probably would have said some wild disrespectful shyt to each other.

If neither of them actually felt that toward each other, the “battle” would have just been some made up shyt for bots and clicks.
Especially when you factor in the part about how an unfired gun is still dangerous, etc.
I think people are taking this line wrong too.

He’s saying, talking big shyt and inviting smoke is just as “dangerous” as actually sending shots. And he’s now realized he doesn’t want to be that guy waving the “gun” or shooting it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He wasnt saying he would've won the battle. He's saying regardless if he won or lost. shyt would've prolly been said and done that would've changed their relationship forever. And it's facts. If he really cares about the friendship. U can't name me one battle that nikkas was friends during or before the battle. Just name me one bro. People not comprehending that Cole situation was very unique from any other mainstream battle we've seen. I just wish the nikka didn't apologize for hitting back. And I wish the nikka understood that Kendrick ain't as good a friend as he thinks he is.
It just seems wild convenient that he chose to word it the way he did. He gets paid a lot to put words together, and he easily could've said "win or lose, I would've lost a bro" and yet he didn't say that. He super specifically said "I wouldn't have lost the battle..."

Sure, maybe he meant it exactly like you say. "Win or lose, I'd have lost a bro." Fine. Assume he meant it that way...But Cole knows damn well that wording it the way he actually said it (I wouldn't have lost the battle) would have people talking about it, and debating it, which is exactly the type of passive aggressive shyt that seems like is his personality.

By doing this, he gets fans to say that he wouldn't have lost the battle, but he himself doesn't have to deal with the consequences of actually saying that. Again, throwing rocks and hiding hands. Cole had to have known it would be taken how some people are taking it. He's not stupid.

It's just corny. Why say anything at all? He apologized after he dropped his diss and backed out. No one wants to hear how dangerous and shyt he is in a battle when he backed out and dropped a mid diss record before taking it down. I just feel like Cole's not in a position to speak on how he would've performed battle after dropping out and taking back his contribution to it.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It just seems wild convenient that he chose to word it the way he did. He gets paid a lot to put words together, and he easily could've said "win or lose, I would've lost a bro" and yet he didn't say that. He super specifically said "I wouldn't have lost the battle..."

Sure, maybe he meant it exactly like you say. "Win or lose, I'd have lost a bro." Fine. Assume he meant it that way...But Cole knows damn well that wording it the way he actually said it (I wouldn't have lost the battle) would have people talking about it, and debating it, which is exactly the type of passive aggressive shyt that seems like is his personality.

By doing this, he gets fans to say that he wouldn't have lost the battle, but he himself doesn't have to deal with the consequences of actually saying that. Again, throwing rocks and hiding hands. Cole had to have known it would be taken how some people are taking it. He's not stupid.

It's just corny. Why say anything at all? He apologized after he dropped his diss and backed out. No one wants to hear how dangerous and shyt he is in a battle when he backed out and dropped a mid diss record before taking it down. I just feel like Cole's not in a position to speak on how he would've performed battle after dropping out and taking back his contribution to it.
He said something cause he wanted to. And he had the right to. And rather than putting that shyt in an interview or social media or any of that. He put it on wax. Like a rapper does. None of his "fans" took it as if he was saying that. Only his haters and people mad at him. Every reaction channel that's unbiased had no issue whatsoever deciphering those lines. Cause it's simple English language. There's a clear difference between "a" and "the". The bars he spit before and after also count. Context matters. The people who are mad are the people who wanna be. Plenty people were waiting to hear Cole's side cause he hasn't spoken since then.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He said something cause he wanted to. And he had the right to. And rather than putting that shyt in an interview or social media or any of that. He put it on wax. Like a rapper does. None of his "fans" took it as if he was saying that. Only his haters and people mad at him. Every reaction channel that's unbiased had no issue whatsoever deciphering those lines. Cause it's simple English language. There's a clear difference between "a" and "the". The bars he spit before and after also count. Context matters. The people who are mad are the people who wanna be. Plenty people were waiting to hear Cole's side cause he hasn't spoken since then.
Respect that he put it on wax, and of course he has a right to speak his mind. That'd be insane to think otherwise. I just think he's been corny since trying to have it both ways this year since Like That dropped. he begged for all the smoke for years, and then dropped a mid diss and apologized for it, and now he's dropped a joint that's dope (him being dope was never in question), but I think he's corny for implying that he would've done all this that and the 3rd, when he had a chance to do it, but didn't.

That's all I'm saying. I don't hate Cole.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i dont have a problem with cole stepping aside. he clearly made the right choice for himself, and the relationships that were important to him. but he's gotta take what comes with his decision, and some of the bars on this sure make it seem like he doesn't understand that.

you dont get to tap out and then go back to throwing passive aggressive subliminals. or talking about what you would've done. or why unnamed people did what they did and imply those actions are superficial/hollow/beneath you. i know that's a classic cole move, but it aint hitting for me.

you wanna talk about why you did what you did? cool. but the "no one can fukk with me" bars are never gonna hit the same after you dropped a mid-ass diss and then bent the knee. doesn't matter what the reason was.
this is exactly how I feel about the new song

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Respect that he put it on wax, and of course he has a right to speak his mind. That'd be insane to think otherwise. I just think he's been corny since trying to have it both ways this year since Like That dropped. he begged for all the smoke for years, and then dropped a mid diss and apologized for it, and now he's dropped a joint that's dope (him being dope was never in question), but I think he's corny for implying that he would've done all this that and the 3rd, when he had a chance to do it, but didn't.

That's all I'm saying. I don't hate Cole.
He's not saying what he would've done. He's saying that he let himself get peer pressured into responding. Was warned and realized the turn the shyt was bout to take and decided to back out cause he wasn't on that type of time and didn't wanna risk his friendships for it. This battle was trash bruh. shyt became all industry politics and social media. Wasn't organic. Cole clearly said he didn't wanna be part of the circus.