J. Cole - Might Delete Later (Discussion Thread)

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"No Hammer like a mall cop" is a bar.

How in the fukk is he spitting on these other verses like this X_X but the diss is light.
Make it make sense.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
fukk outta here.

"Where bricks get Karate chopped to maximize the Dojo, comprende, I wonder, will my friends make it past the pearly gates, so we could (kick) it, but based on what their sins say(sensei), probably not.."

Name a Kendrick verse better than the Pi verse the last few years.
I knew somebody would quote this. This is the best portion of the entire verse. It's solid wordplay but not much substance. I'm just not blown away by this type of shyt. Any high level rapper can do this. It's just flipping two words that sound the same.

He was chilling one day and was like "wait a minute....sensei......sins say":ohhh:....he decided beforehand he had to flip it somehow and couldn't figure out how so he just forced it. Those are throwaway elzhi bars that would never see the light of day. Depending on what your sins say?....grammatically it just doesn't make sense. But like I said....if this shyt blows you away that's great. But these are very low level battle rap bars.

Wait a minute. He said karate. Then kick it. Holy fukk. Genius:ohhh::ohhh:.....like I said. Solid wordplay. Solid flow. But overall nothing spectacular.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Cole is definitely at the top of his game but it's mainly about the technical side. He's mastered his wordplay and flow. When it comes to staying in the pocket he's up there with the best of em.

But subject matter wise he's still kinda the same as always. You don't really feel the need to replay his verses like that. Occasionally he says some shyt that makes you say damn. But overall he's still not saying anything that really blows you away. It's really the technical side that leaves you impressed.

Honestly don't think any of these dudes today are up there with the goats :yeshrug: .....was bumpin "mathematics" by mos def earlier and that shyt still leaves me speechless. Don't think anybody alive today is on that level. It's just a different time. Maybe that's why I'm never truly blown away by these guys. Cause I still bump the classics constantly. Like Prodigy on survival of the fittest. Come on now. These guys can't fukk with this. People saying Cole is untouchable but I just don't see it. Great rapper for sure. But far from that all time level.

Pretty much how I feel. With Cole you get dope verses over decent beats, but nothing memorable. For that reason, I don't think he'll ever drop anything above a 4 mic album. Something is missing for sure.

With that said, this is a nice album.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:
Cole is living the dream.

I wonder if brehs realize bro is really one of us :pachaha:
Wanting to rap like Canibus.
Making beats.
Posting on forums.
Living in poverty.
Going to school.
Changing his life.

I really relate to breh.
Except when I drop, I'm not moving 100k units :pachaha:
:wow:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Pretty much how I feel. With Cole you get dope verses over decent beats, but nothing memorable. For that reason, I don't think he'll ever drop anything above a 4 mic album. Something is missing for sure.

With that said, this is a nice album.
Man is 2024, no one cares how y’all rate albums.

I can’t believe nikkas still out here trying to give albums classic status

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Man is 2024, no one cares how y’all rate albums.

I can’t believe nikkas still out here trying to give albums classic status

Meanwhile, J cole just rapped that he's dropping 2 classics this year. Just Stop it. You're the same clown in every Nas thread rating his albums as soon as they drop.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
7 minute drill sound like something a Detroit rapper would rap on. I never heard Cole rap over a beat like this and it’s fire. The jabs were nice but this is clearly warning shots. The beat switch was nice…overall a dope track.

Ima listen to the rest after Wrestlemania

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I knew somebody would quote this. This is the best portion of the entire verse. It's solid wordplay but not much substance. I'm just not blown away by this type of shyt. Any high level rapper can do this. It's just flipping two words that sound the same.

He was chilling one day and was like "wait a minute....sensei......sins say":ohhh:....he decided beforehand he had to flip it somehow and couldn't figure out how so he just forced it. Those are throwaway elzhi bars that would never see the light of day. Depending on what your sins say?....grammatically it just doesn't make sense. But like I said....if this shyt blows you away that's great. But these are very low level battle rap bars.

Wait a minute. He said karate. Then kick it. Holy fukk. Genius:ohhh::ohhh:.....like I said. Solid wordplay. Solid flow. But overall nothing spectacular.
This is what you get when ppl say rap has evolved and lyrics don't matter as much as melody and the song

When dudes do it, even if they're mid, they get hyped up way beyond what they're supposed to

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
7 minute drill sound like something a Detroit rapper would rap on. I never heard Cole rap over a beat like this and it’s fire. The jabs were nice but this is clearly warning shots. The beat switch was nice…overall a dope track.

Ima listen to the rest after Wrestlemania
Nah that's not a detroit style beat

If anything it sounds like mike will a bit

Edit: listening back I can see why you'd say that, with how the 808s hit and the laser fx