J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, Jay didnt lose bc of Takeover, it was actually a pretty good dis.

The difference is Nas came back with Ether and it was just on another level.

Jay underestimated Nas

Jigga didn't underestimate Nas

He knows Nas is a better MC than him
He overestimated the Love he had. He never got the Love Nas got or admiration

That's why Nas was able to drop ever 3 or 4 years back then....just like KDot does

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
kendrick literally disappears for years at a time and then comes back to try to rile these two up?

drake doesn't even care about making music like that anymore like really he enjoys performing and making money but that's it

and jcole is a peaceful ass nikka who just wants to make music that he personally enjoys...

what ya'll want :manny:

kendrick kind of goofy imo for doing this

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
I haven't seen any of that back and forth I'm only speaking to Cole's decision to apologize. If people are talking like it would have turned into some "civil war" then it exposes the conceit that "rap is no different than movies".

In any event, it's nasty how so-called grown men are upset about another Black man de-escalating conflict with another Black man.

:francis:
I know how people like to conflate rap with violence so let's take rap out of it for a second. Take two basketball players, one says "I'm the best, y'all can't see me on this court." Another one says "oh yeah" and challenges the first dude to a game of one-on-one. First dude puts up a point or two then stops midgame and walks off the court talking bout "it don't feel right with my spirit challenging my brother to game of one-on-one like this". That wouldn't be lame to you?

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kendrick literally disappears for years at a time and then comes back to try to rile these two up?

drake doesn't even care about making music like that anymore like really he enjoys performing and making money but that's it

and jcole is a peaceful ass nikka who just wants to make music that he personally enjoys...

if anything, thats the right mindset, if you don't like that, stay out of this genre.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis

I would agree, but Drake has been throwing subs Kendrick's way for how long now. Kendrick finally said fukk it and threw the challenge out. Cole got caught in the crossfire.

EDIT: Hell look at how the Pusha beef started, all cause Drake threw Push's wife's name out there randomly in a song. Drake does sneaky shyt like that then acts confused as to why dudes be going at him.

Kendrick just said fukk it.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I know how people like to conflate rap with violence so let's take rap out of it for a second. Take two basketball players, one says "I'm the best, y'all can't see me on this court." Another one says "oh yeah" and challenges the first dude to a game of one-on-one. First dude puts up a point or two then stops midgame and walks off the court talking bout "it don't feel right with my spirit challenging my brother to game of one-on-one like this". That wouldn't be lame to you?
Exactly, nikkas don't have a competitive body in their bodies to understand this

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

One of the parties in the competition isn't interested in the form of competition that includes foul play. He responded in a way that isn't in alignment with who he currently is and then apologized for it.

That's not lame to me, what's lame is doing something that you aren't proud of to make strangers in the bleachers happy.

:manny:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dude that's spent the last 2-3 years calling himself the best, saying no one can fukk with him just wants to make music he personally enjoys :russ:

Man that just called himself Muhammad Ali:aicmon:

Dude that said he would go to hell if Jesus would ask for a feature:childplease:

He FaceTime to ask for a feature and saw the face of death:stopitslime: