J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
It's tough and that's what makes this such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to his next album. But this misstep taking me back to the cringe Crooked Smile, Wet Dreamz, Fold Clothes era of my Cole fandom... Where I'm like this nikka is talented but is capable of dropping the corniest shyt ever.

I thought we were beyond that, now here we are... Again

:mjcry:

This man really tried to get a do-over, really wanted to hit the reset button... Nah, only way I can see him salvaging this situation is if Kendrick drops another diss and Cole responds with an Ether level response to win everybody back.

I remember before Ether dropped, Nas was getting clowned and everybody said he was done. But this situation is different because Kendrick really doesn't have to say anything else, Cole hung himself for him lmao
Cole is supremely talented, he did a whole album from another person's perspective, people assume the Fall Off will be the braggadocios type of hip hop album based on what we've heard lately, but Cole's roots are based in the introspective and self reflective lane going back to his mixtape days which is where I feel he's at his best.

Plus he doesn't seem like he will be around much longer as far as actively releasing music so this will probably be his farewell to it all anyway.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Loyalty or just having some self awareness and being considerate? It's not crazy to think or expect that if Cole and his team showed love and you participated on that collab
Doing bytch shyt will be called out when it’s done. Especially when you looked at in a certain light. Can’t expect people to be quite on such a bytch move.

They in the feelings bout it. As a former super fan, he needs a scarlet letter placed on his chest. This is a stain that will be there forever, he’s gonna continue to have success, but like drake ghost writer shyt. People bring this up forever.

I loss respect as a fan personally

GhettoNintendo

chill its a secret b
Daps
Reppin
nyc.
definitely a lame move but i saw it coming judging from certain bars in the song. this is disappointing especially since the album was so dope. nikkas gotta stop overreacting saying this was career suicide. far from that. definitely a stain though.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
He gonna release the shyt obviously, Cole has a loyal fanbase that are gonna buy it regardless although he may rework some things

You still gonna have people calling him J Fold or number 3 like they have in this thread, but if the music is good nobody is gonna care about this shyt once the hype dies down. It won't be much difference from what it was before this shyt ever happened with nikkas saying he's boring/puts nikkas to sleep

This is what im curious to see. Im seeing the most objective Cole fans say they dont want to hear those type of rhymes from him because it wont sound right anymore.

They might change their minds in a few months if the music is good I dunno..but that shyt is still fascinating to me. Im still waiting for RDCWorld to drop their skit :mjlol:

Cole is supremely talented, he did a whole album from another person's perspective, people assume the Fall Off will be the braggadocios type of hip hop album based on what we've heard lately, but Cole's roots are based in the introspective and self reflective lane going back to his mixtape days which is where I feel he's at his best.

Plus he doesn't seem like he will be around much longer as far as actively releasing music so this will probably be his farewell to it all anyway.

Nah I dont believe that at all. He just finished linking up with Drake and just dropped a project saying he caught up with Kendrick and that this is his prime.

Plus how many times we've heard rappers say they are quitting/retired just for them to come back months later. Cole not going anywhere

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Cole should have stood on it, swung his sword, and went “down” fighting if he was going to go down. Who knows? Cole really DID put in the work the past 6-7 years to become an elite mc, he had a true chance to score some W’s in a battle with Kendrick that could have totally rewritten the legacy of his career. But he folded when the moment came. I don’t think Kendrick respects that. I think Kendrick was looking FORWARD to sparring with Cole, even over Drake. Two nikkas we know who actually write their own shyt, going at it for the crown, that IS part of the essence of Hip Hop. Them nikkas could have peaced it up 6 months to a year after and done songs and albums together. Hell any time Nas and Jay-Z link up for a song its an event, no matter the quality of the actual song!

Now i’d be surprised if either Drake or Kendrick ever really wanna fukk with Cole again. He just made himself look TOO weak. Its a monumental L of epic proportions and I wouldn’t begrudge Kendrick taking one final swipe at Cole to really drive the point home that he’s no threat and will never BE a threat from this point forward. No changing your mind and coming back when the smoke is cleared. Your forever number 3 nikka.
Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly on all of that. The worst part is all of this makes Cole look like a frontrunner. It's on sight whenever you're challenging "Lil whoever", but as soon as someone in your weight class steps up you got acid in your throat and an upset stomach losing sleep waiting for them to diss you back. I'd be with him if he was going at one of these I ain't a rapper, shoot em up bang bang nikkas, but this is straight lyrics with the best in your class without the bullshyt to worry about.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
J Cole is a fakkit for this. I tossed my J Cole fan card in the trash after this and his stans are big mad about it on FB.

@maxamusa

Check out the comments from J Cole fans on fb:

Me:

“I rode with Cole but he’s a lame now in my eyes. I am not supporting him.”

Stans:

”you weren’t supporting in the first place if you’re that easily influenced”

”It really aint that deep. Oh well another fake fan gone don't let the door hit you on the way out.”

”nikka yo grown ass is lame for letting other ppl dictate who & what you listen to. You sound like a child”

:mjlol:

Tell em it dont sit right with yo spirit :lolbron:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's tough and that's what makes this such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to his next album. But this misstep taking me back to the cringe Crooked Smile, Wet Dreamz, Fold Clothes era of my Cole fandom... Where I'm like this nikka is talented but is capable of dropping the corniest shyt ever.

I thought we were beyond that, now here we are... Again

:mjcry:

This man really tried to get a do-over, really wanted to hit the reset button... Nah, only way I can see him salvaging this situation is if Kendrick drops another diss and Cole responds with an Ether level response to win everybody back.

I remember before Ether dropped, Nas was getting clowned and everybody said he was done. But this situation is different because Kendrick really doesn't have to say anything else, Cole hung himself for him lmao
Cole responding back would be even worse. This nikka asked the people that came to see him if theylove Kendrick and that he loves him too. This man couldn’t sleep because he was competing with him. That’s another level of bytchmade that people wouldn’t even believe it if he did respond to Kendrick. He’s done in that department also Kendrick would flame his ass something fierce if that played out.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
This shyt is like Nas apologizing to Jay-Z after Stillmatic Freestyle.
:mjtf:
And the thing is, in the realm of apologizing for something Stillmatic freestyle had way more to apologize about than Cole's bars. Nas called Jay's sexuality into question, called him a liar, and called his whole crew some fakkits :mjlol:

All Cole did was call Kendrick's albums subpar and tell him he's better than him with a condescending tone.

fukk you apologizing for :mjtf:

You defending yourself :mjtf:

AND this is on top of the Control verse a long time ago where this man put your entire government name first in line of the nikkas he wants to murder :mjtf:

Tell me something real, Jermaine :mjtf:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
This is what im curious to see. Im seeing the most objective Cole fans say they dont want to hear those type of rhymes from him because it wont sound right anymore.

They might change their minds in a few months if the music is good I dunno..but that shyt is still fascinating to me. Im still waiting for RDCWorld to drop their skit :mjlol:

Nah I dont believe that at all. He just finished linking up with Drake and just dropped a project saying he caught up with Kendrick and that this is his prime.

Plus how many times we've heard rappers say they are quitting/retired just for them to come back months later. Cole not going anywhere
I hear you but if he was already trending that way based on what he's said in interviews about the Fall Off being his magnum opus and not wanting to do this shyt much longer....

This situation may push him even more in that direction seeing that nikkas lost respect for him and won't be really supporting like that anymore. He might not feel like he has much left to offer to the rap game and say fukk it.

I hope he doesn't decide to quit and that it's just cap, I think just consistently putting out good music/projects eventually absolves you of that stain.:manny: nikkas will forget to a great extent

Jards

All Star
Daps
Someone posted a clip of mal and Rory and mal said he talked to drake and drake pretty said he never wanna perform first person shooter again.

That says a lot
From the clip I heard, Drake doesn’t want to perform it because the expectation will be that he goes big with the ‘fukk Kendrick’ energy - there’s too much of a narrative around that track now.

But if he is who he says he is then he shouldn’t be running from that