I've never seen the Wire

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Damn, I'm ashamed at yall NEVER seeing this show

and talking bout "I really don't care to.." Man, y'all missing the BEST show to hit TV, like EVER!!

Watch like 3 episodes, and get back at me...I was late to the party as well (I was in college) but my boy showed me Season 3 episodes as Season 5 was coming on...I was captivated and HAD to see the seasons I missed...Now I got the DVD set and watch it every few months...You STILL learn ish about that show even after years...

Season 2 was so slept on (even by me) but it was really one of the best

Season 3 was crazy, it was my introduction, but after watching all of the seasons, it was like second or third best

Season 1 was tough, gritty...gave the layout but a little bland (Just like when they 1st seen Avon, that was a crazy scene with him dippin on the cops and waggin that finger)

Season 4...may have been the best. Period. Focusing on the kids was tight, but they kept up with the streets too...I LOVE this season. Randy was my fave, sad story

Season 5, trash lol...

Do y'allselves a favor, and peep this masterpiece...

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
:dwillhuh: @ these responses. How do u skip out on the greatest television series of all time? One of the rare shows where EVERY demographic puts it in their top 5. Old white men down to skinny jeans wearing nikkas praise this show.

like someone else said, season 4 might actually be my favorite season. Those classroom scenes was hilarious.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: @ these responses. How do u skip out on the greatest television series of all time? One of the rare shows where EVERY demographic puts it in their top 5. Old white men down to skinny jeans wearing nikkas praise this show.

like someone else said, season 4 might actually be my favorite season. Those classroom scenes was hilarious.

that little dude albert was funny as hell

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:what:
Really? For sure season 2 was the weakest, the first few episodes were slow and took a little bit to get going.
Season 2 is underated. It shows an important part of the game, how the drugs get to the streets.All the street level nikkas get got but the Greeks stay :win:
I just finished watching season 1 and I'm on the beginning of season 2. This shyt is dragging. I'm tempted to just skip to season 3.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The true order: 4, 1, 3, 5, 2.

Season 2 was weak. It is a FACT that its the weakest out of all of them. Season 5 was better just from the fact that they brought the focus back on McNulty and he got away with that shyt for SO LONG.

But yeah. Greatest show in the history of TV. Pretty much undisputed by everyone anywhere. If you don't have any interest in watching an urban show starring (mostly) unknown black actors that is widely considered the greatest show of all time, then...

YOU ARE A CAC :pacspit:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I'd never seen it either aside from a few episodes on bet. I ain't have premium cable growin up so shyt :manny: I just started yesterday though, on episode 5 now I think, the one actually titled "the wire" :ohhh: shyt is gettin good breh :obama: and I heard it only get better after this season so sheeeeit

i finished up earlier this week. for a homo, omar was a gawd amongst mortals. literally :huhldup:

i'm sure that most that seen it understand it, but that nikka was an allegory to achilles. the fact that he injurin his leg (by his own actions mind you) was the ONLY way he could be taken down, and then in the court house when he testified on bird and was talkin about how he was into greek mythology it makes perfect sense :ohhh:

it might come as a shock to most, but i think in terms of pure stage presence, stealin the scene and all that shyt??? frank sabotka was EASILY the best character on the wire. idk who the hell that was playin him but damn :wow: he brought that character to life. thats my 3rd fav behind omar and bubs

and brehs!!! stringer's run in season 3 had to be the DUMBEST shyt i ever seen :damn: smart dumb nikka went full retard :what: i could go on and on. great show though