I've never heard anyone say Elden Ring is the best story of any game they've ever played?

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
There’s a story there I’m told but I’ll be damned if I follow it.

I treated that shyt like Breath of the Wild, as soon as I left the first cave, I walked to the right and intentionally got lost. Hours later, GOTY status :unimpressed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Once you go down the rabbit hole of watching lore videos you’ll realize by the end of it it wasn’t worth your time.

“Dragon Gods battled the Giants for reign over the dominion of light…mankind was forced to live in 5 thousand years of darkness and…”:mjlol:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The real story is your personal journey within the game.

Elden Ring is brilliantly string along a narrative to engage you, but calling it a good story or even a story is a reach. It's just a bunch of rambling nonsense for the most part.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The real story is your personal journey within the game.

Elden Ring is brilliantly string along a narrative to engage you, but calling it a good story or even a story is a reach. It's just a bunch of rambling nonsense for the most part.
Absolutely.

There's enough lore in the interactions along the way to answer questions about different parts and things in the world to keep you engaged.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Ninja Gaiden Black had a far less compelling story but has GOAT status gameplay. A game doesn't need both just excel at one.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Haven't played but who is the voice actor of the main protagonist? Usually having a compelling main character contributes to solid story telling as they generally operate as the stories main narrator.
generally the games with the best stories have people talking complimentary about the main voice actor. Ie; Christopher Judge or Roger Clark

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Haven't played but who is the voice actor of the main protagonist? Usually having a compelling main character contributes to solid story telling as they generally operated as the stories main narrator.
generally the games with the best stories have people talking complimentary about the voice actor. Ie; Christopher Judge, Roger Clark
There is no voice actor for the main protagonist because there is no main character dialogue.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Haven't played but who is the voice actor of the main protagonist? Usually having a compelling main character contributes to solid story telling as they generally operate as the stories main narrator.
generally the games with the best stories have people talking complimentary about the main voice actor. Ie; Christopher Judge, Roger Clark

My guy the only voice acting from your character is your grunts and gasps from getting hit or dying :skip:

There’s a very rich lore, some side quests, and excellent environmental story telling but it’s not a narrative-driven game

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
My guy the only voice acting from your character is your grunts and gasps from getting hit or dying :skip:

There’s a very rich lore, some side quests, and excellent environmental story telling but it’s not a narrative-driven game
Gotcha, yeah i don't know if its possible to have a "great story" with the silent protagonist trope