I’ve been playing fighting games since they were created, and I have no fukkin idea whats going on..

Is this a respected series??

• Total voters

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I remember playing the original back in 99/2000. Literally the most addictive game ever, with 4 players. That shyt was like crack, could play for hours.

I played smash ultimate for like 6 hours in comparison

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Are we acting like smash is some new age cutting edge shyt? If i made this thread about db fighter z maybe you'd be on to something.

Plus I said I'm 38 years old and have been playing since NES. Calling me old or washed isn't exactly an insult :heh:
The IP has been out since the 90's.

Everyone knows what time it is with Melee.

The current Smash game on the market has sold like 25 million units.

Washed.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Did this guy even read the thread? And that I said I was aware of and played smash since the cartridge days? And that I thought it was a clown show then? And that I still do? And that I played fighting games introduced before and after smash?

Is he just a black-shirt-cargo-shorts neck-beard smelly kid that got offended? The type that is irrationally fanatic about this series?

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
One of the worst games ever made.
I played it for the first time when I was like 10 at my cousins house and almost broke his jaw out of frustration because of how incredibly stupid that shyt is.
nikkas getting home run batted every 5 seconds,jumping on air,jumping through platforms..
All around retarded.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Smash ain't no fighting game. It's just a game that got super technical over time. A lot of smash players be having good execution when they play real fighting games. That gamecube controller destroys hands.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
It wasn't ever meant to be a competitive game, but it became one.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Never could get into this game and always thought it was trash. Just a bunch of weird random shyt going on all over the place.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Like all fighters, you need locals to help cement the game. Watching tournaments it would feel like its mostly wierdos. Playing with a group of friends and you can get a feel for it. Me and my friends played melee for a fukkton of hours.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
In Smash Bros :why:

i’m a triple og streetfighter 2 player, i had fukkin street fighter 1 on commodore AMIGA, mk 1 and 2 in arcades, i’m fairly legit in SSFIV on live to this day (i’ve prolly beat you as Balrog) i have played every major fighting series....

I dont understand wtf is going on in Smash, and haven’t since the og n64 release. I just constantly feel like everyone is mashing buttons, jumping with no sense, using powerups that are random, and the whole goal is just to knock someone off the platform? Wtf is the % bar? Do i want it 100 or 0%?

My 5 year old nephew just bodied me in Ultimate...wtf world is this brehs?:francis:
It’s Nintendo so they made a kids fighting game and some adults thought the game was made for them. There are people in the world who would say “I’ma high level smash bros player”

There’s a grown man somewhere who will say “I’ma high level Pokémon master “ too

Nobody was shocked the overall level of filth for smash bros tournament players was as high as reported. Exciting I said is why :francis: